Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-04-2014, 11:09 AM  
sorta mod-ish

*The NEW Movies Thread*

Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:12 PM   #391
Stay down bitch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
That movie was ****ing horrendous. I really hate Will Smith's son.
Yup WS is going to do whatever it takes to shoehorn his kid into movies he doesn't belong in.
PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:17 PM   #392
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceej View Post
That trailer reminded me of the Royal Tennenbaum's for some reason. I did not like that movie at all.
Probably reminded you of it because it's the same director. He has a unique style: Rushmore, Moonrise Kingdom, Djarleeing Limited, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Bottle Rocket, Life Aquatic, etc...
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:36 PM   #393
BOOM!1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewChief View Post
Probably reminded you of it because it's the same director. He has a unique style: Rushmore, Moonrise Kingdom, Djarleeing Limited, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Bottle Rocket, Life Aquatic, etc...
That's funny. I was thinking how funny it'd be if it was the same director - no shit.

I've not seen any of those movies listed above, nor do they appeal to me.
Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:56 PM   #394
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceej View Post
That's funny. I was thinking how funny it'd be if it was the same director - no shit.

I've not seen any of those movies listed above, nor do they appeal to me.
Rushmore and Moonrise Kingdom are standouts, but it you truly hated TRTs, then Wes might be a lost cause for you.

It's understandable, he's one of the more divisive directors, kind of what Lena Dunham gets nowadays.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:26 PM   #395
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Rushmore and Moonrise Kingdom are standouts, but it you truly hated TRTs, then Wes might be a lost cause for you.

It's understandable, he's one of the more divisive directors, kind of what Lena Dunham gets nowadays.
Out of those listed, Life Aquatic was my favorite. Didn't care for Moonrise Kingdom at all.
nstygma Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.nstygma Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.nstygma Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.nstygma Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.nstygma Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.nstygma Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.nstygma Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.nstygma Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.nstygma Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.nstygma Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.nstygma Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:14 PM   #396
Most Valuable Villain

Finally got to watch Prisoners. Good movie but it a little long at 2.5 hours. They could have cut out some of the parts that dragged.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:19 PM   #397
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstygma View Post
Out of those listed, Life Aquatic was my favorite. Didn't care for Moonrise Kingdom at all.
FMF is probably my favorite. I really likeD Moonrise. Rushmore and Bottle Rocket are absolute classics that put WA's stamp on cinema.
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:33 PM   #398
Supporter

Quote:
FMF is probably my favorite. I really likeD Moonrise. Rushmore and Bottle Rocket are absolute classics that put WA's stamp on cinema.
I should revisit BR sometime, I saw it when it FIRST came out, can't recall if The Tivoli had it, or if I rented it first run. Liked it at the time, but haven't seen it since.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:41 PM   #399
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I should revisit BR sometime, I saw it when it FIRST came out, can't recall if The Tivoli had it, or if I rented it first run. Liked it at the time, but haven't seen it since.
Full confession: I was a Boy Scout whose life centered around scouting for some of my formative years. While it's a totally silly WA take on scouting and summer camp, it still struck some pretty deep chords with me. YMMV.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:56 PM   #400
Supporter

Quote:
Full confession: I was a Boy Scout whose life centered around scouting for some of my formative years. While it's a totally silly WA take on scouting and summer camp, it still struck some pretty deep chords with me. YMMV.
BR=Bottle Rocket
MRK = Moonrise Kingdom

MRK I've transferred to the HD so I don't have to even pull out the BluRay to watch it. Done that with about 50 movies to this point.

- and totes Eagle Scout here.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:20 PM   #401
In Search of a Life

Quote:
BR=Bottle Rocket
MRK = Moonrise Kingdom

MRK I've transferred to the HD so I don't have to even pull out the BluRay to watch it. Done that with about 50 movies to this point.

- and totes Eagle Scout here.
Oh duh. Don't know why I decoded Moonrise Kingdom when I read BR.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:41 PM   #402
Supporter

Quote:
Oh duh. Don't know why I decoded Moonrise Kingdom when I read BR.
Speaking to the verisimilitude of WA movies, I like that his visual style reveals worlds very foreign to mine that I still get a sense of nostalgia.

The best analogy I can make is, I was a pretty misbehaving toddler/child, so around the holidays, I'd get in trouble and my punishment was I didn't get to watch the Rankin-Bass/Charlie Brown holiday specials. Then when I got to school, mom gave the TV to goodwill. But I share in my generation's nostalgia for those specials nonetheless.

So yes, MRK's depiction of scouting bears no resemblance to mine, but it somehow still looks like one I would have enjoyed in that family/cultural situation.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:48 AM   #403
Scarlett Johansson's boytoy

Quote:
i'm not a huge Wes fan, but I love FMF. My wife doesn't like it, but our 3 year old is glued to the TV whenever I put it on.
mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:52 AM   #404
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

GODRILLA IS COMING GODRILLA IS COMING !!!!!!
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:16 PM   #405
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo View Post

GODRILLA IS COMING GODRILLA IS COMING !!!!!!
You spelled it wrong...

You me and Godzirra.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.