Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-26-2012, 08:54 AM  
Supporter

Must Watch Series

All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a ****ton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.

Last edited by Buehler445; 08-09-2017 at 07:36 PM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2023, 08:13 AM   #2161
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
He cites the Moss incident as Barry's chance to make amends but ultimately notes that his treatment of Chris shows who he truly is.

I think he's gotten darker in the show because he tried to be subtle in season 1 and people kept thinking Barry was a likeable and redeemable character.

I think he's always felt this way about Barry but has gotten more heavy handed due to the audience response.
And this shift in Season 3 made me wonder "what's the point". Compared to a show like Succession that really threaded the needle to get the audience invested in the characters, Barry just made me want to put the bullet in him myself. I sure as shit don't care for the gaggle of characters beyond Gene and Hank.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2023, 10:15 AM   #2162
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
And this shift in Season 3 made me wonder "what's the point". Compared to a show like Succession that really threaded the needle to get the audience invested in the characters, Barry just made me want to put the bullet in him myself. I sure as shit don't care for the gaggle of characters beyond Gene and Hank.
Yeah, that's why I think it's audience driven. I don't think Hader ever wanted to push it this hard to make you question yourself for rooting for Barry. But when people were still cheering for him after he'd pretty much established himself as a stone-cold murderer even out from under the grip of Fuches, what else could he do?

And the Hank/Cristobal thing has run its course as well.

The show was so great in season 1, still very good in season 2, but it's pretty much on fumes at this point. It needs to be done.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2023, 02:04 PM   #2163
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Yeah, that's why I think it's audience driven. I don't think Hader ever wanted to push it this hard to make you question yourself for rooting for Barry. But when people were still cheering for him after he'd pretty much established himself as a stone-cold murderer even out from under the grip of Fuches, what else could he do?

And the Hank/Cristobal thing has run its course as well.

The show was so great in season 1, still very good in season 2, but it's pretty much on fumes at this point. It needs to be done.
The Dave and Busters scene was pretty funny.

Jalapeño Poppers for the table please.
Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 08:02 AM   #2164
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Yeah - watched the first 2 episodes and there's just not much meat left on the bone here.
Oh well - nothing lasts forever.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2023, 11:00 AM   #2165
Veteran

Barry has taken a Breaking Bad turn, it seems. Bleakness features heavily.
Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.
Old 04-19-2023, 07:17 AM   #2166
Supporter

Anyone heard anything about this?

I absoultely loved Winslet in Mare of Easttown.

Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2023, 07:45 PM   #2167
Bolton gonna knock you out

I’m on season 5 of Bosch. God it’s really good!
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2023, 11:02 PM   #2168
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor View Post
I’m on season 5 of Bosch. God it’s really good!
I’m a total goober for Bosch. FWIW there is another series of it on Freeform or some shit. I think it is Bosch Legacy.
Old 04-20-2023, 06:30 AM   #2169
MVP

BEEF was perhaps the best thing Netflix has done.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2023, 11:29 AM   #2170
Politically Incorrect

I'll add Barry to the list

Just binged watched seasons 1- 3. What a wild show.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2023, 03:00 PM   #2171
The Boom Boom Room

Spoiler!

Snowfall's series finale was on this past week

Last edited by Tribal Warfare; 04-30-2023 at 08:33 PM..
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2023, 03:37 PM   #2172
Buddy Christ is a Chiefs fan

Beef on Netflix was pretty damn good... my wife is giving it a 10/10. I would say a 9/10.
BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-22-2023, 05:33 PM   #2173
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
Spoiler!

Snowfall's series finale was on this past week
I thought it was a great ending to a great series. I was hoping for a non-cliche ending (like some long ago wronged guy), and glad they didn't do that. The final couple of episodes were definately rushed. The CIA guy's end was ominous.
kcmulhurn is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutkcmulhurn is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutkcmulhurn is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutkcmulhurn is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutkcmulhurn is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutkcmulhurn is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutkcmulhurn is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutkcmulhurn is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutkcmulhurn is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutkcmulhurn is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutkcmulhurn is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 04-22-2023, 06:54 PM   #2174
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmulhurn View Post
I thought it was a great ending to a great series. I was hoping for a non-cliche ending (like some long ago wronged guy), and glad they didn't do that. The final couple of episodes were definately rushed. The CIA guy's end was ominous.
Eh, disappointed because they shoehorned the morality BS at the end which was generic.
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2023, 07:32 PM   #2175
Cheat Death

Maybe it’s known to others and I’m not aware but I just noticed Netflix now has season 6 of Better Call Saul available.

We don’t get AMC so this is the greatest day.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.