Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-23-2022, 08:27 PM   #2
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
How about reviews? Would that show that fans liked it since you want to ignore The Batman is the highest-grossing show of the year in only 45 days of release?

Huge hit on Rotton Tomatoes

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_batman

Now it is killing it on HBO.

https://movieweb.com/the-batman-hbo-max-debut-numbers/

So yeah- my original post stating that DC looks to be on the uptrend as Disney is mired in "wokeness" stands.

The implication was that Disney is on the way down with its "wokeness" while DC is trending up because they know what the people really want (aka not being woke), which is hilarious because dipshits like you were crying about The Batman being woke with a black Commissioner Gordon, black Catwoman, and black mayor.

1. The Batman was a good, enjoyable movie.

2. Marvel is still shitting on DC.

3. You're an idiot.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 08:58 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Wow. You just linked an article showing The Batman, DC's most popular property, just crossed $700m. It's long run out of juice and won't sniff $1B.

Meanwhile Spider-Man: No Way Home nearly hit $2B lol

The Eternals and Shang-Chi both crossed the $400m mark. Literally no one even gives a shit about those characters and Batman couldn't even double their numbers.

You really think this measly $700m with DC's best ****ing character is proof of DC getting its shit together?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
How about reviews? Would that show that fans liked it since you want to ignore The Batman is the highest-grossing show of the year in only 45 days of release?

Huge hit on Rotton Tomatoes

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_batman

Now it is killing it on HBO.

https://movieweb.com/the-batman-hbo-max-debut-numbers/

So yeah- my original post stating that DC looks to be on the uptrend as Disney is mired in "wokeness" stands.
Just as I suspected, Strange 2 crossed $450 million globally in its opening weekend. The Batman only hit $270 globally in its opening weekend.

https://variety.com/2022/film/box-of...ce-1235261478/

Quote:
The second “Doctor Strange” film, starring Benedict Cumberbatch as the goatee-rocking sorcerer, generated $185 million in North America over the weekend, bringing its global tally to a massive $450 million.
A Marvel C-lister is outperforming DC's A-lister.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-10-2022, 11:27 AM   #4
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Just as I suspected, Strange 2 crossed $450 million globally in its opening weekend. The Batman only hit $270 globally in its opening weekend.

https://variety.com/2022/film/box-of...ce-1235261478/

A Marvel C-lister is outperforming DC's A-lister.
That has more to do with Marvel spending the past 10+ years of putting out a majority of above average films while DC can't get its shit together past the Dark Knight Series and has only produced a handful of decent or good movies (Joker, MoS, Aquaman, WW, Suicide Squad, Birds of Prey, The Batman).

Everything else has been mid or bad. Honestly, if they didn't **** up Batman vs Superman so bad, I think we'd have a different discussion on comparing Batman vs MCU in terms of $.

But yes, in terms of citing wokeness as to why DC would surpass Marvel is incredibly ****ing stupid. DC won't pass Marvel anytime soon in terms of $$$ at theaters until they get their shit together and figure out WTF they're doing.

I think they should be fine if they don't try to rush creating a universe again and keep the WW, Aquaman, Batman entities separate.
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-10-2022, 11:46 AM   #5
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
That has more to do with Marvel spending the past 10+ years of putting out a majority of above average films while DC can't get its shit together past the Dark Knight Series and has only produced a handful of decent or good movies (Joker, MoS, Aquaman, WW, Suicide Squad, Birds of Prey, The Batman).

Everything else has been mid or bad. Honestly, if they didn't **** up Batman vs Superman so bad, I think we'd have a different discussion on comparing Batman vs MCU in terms of $.

But yes, in terms of citing wokeness as to why DC would surpass Marvel is incredibly ****ing stupid. DC won't pass Marvel anytime soon in terms of $$$ at theaters until they get their shit together and figure out WTF they're doing.

I think they should be fine if they don't try to rush creating a universe again and keep the WW, Aquaman, Batman entities separate.
The "go woke go broke" crowd only works if you ignore all of the "woke" movies that make a shit ton of money.

It's more like "make shitty movies" go broke.
Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 12:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
This is all that needs to be said.

I don't give a shit about this superhero vs that superhero, I don't give a shit about Marvel vs DC, I don't give a shit about Disney policies.

I only wanted to highlight how ****ing stupid Halfcan and the "wOkE" crowd's argument is.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote