Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-12-2023, 09:08 PM  
Sexiest Athlete

The new Dune 2 trailer may very well be the best trailer for a movie I've ever seen

I really liked the first installment, and the previous trailers for Dune 2 were good, but my jaw hit the floor watching this one....
Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-06-2024, 10:57 PM   #76
Ain't no relax!

I thought they nailed this scene from the original though...

Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 11:19 PM   #77
sorta mod-ish

Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-09-2024, 02:35 PM   #78
21st Century Schizoid Fan

I thought it was fantastic.

I have a few nits to pick, which is standard for most adaptations. I had one major concern:

Spoiler!
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-09-2024, 03:34 PM   #79
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberian khatru View Post
I thought it was fantastic.

I have a few nits to pick, which is standard for most adaptations. I had one major concern:

Spoiler!
I guess I'll still spoiler my reply, although I'm rapidly running out of ****s to give about this overrated turd.

Spoiler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
It's been decades since I read the book, but it felt like they skipped a ton of shit in this movie. Is that accurate?

Incredible visual movie, but it just felt disjointed from the start.
The main things that were missed:

Spoiler!

This was Avatar in the desert. A beautifully giftwrapped box of shit. **** you, Villeneuve.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 03:46 PM   #80
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Oh, one other thing the movie left out

Spoiler!
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-10-2024, 01:41 AM   #81
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Felt the first Dune was better and told a better story. I don't have the book to compare it to do I'll leave that to Frazod but this movie felt too much like a set-up. Even knowing there was going to be a part 3, I just didn't feel like the story was moved along well and it wasn't paced right. First one felt slow because they were trying to tell an epic story right. This one felt slow because they knew they had a 3rd movie to do.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-10-2024, 07:50 AM   #82
Ultrabanned

Saw this yesterday at the Liberty B&B Screen X. THAT WAS AMAZING. See it that way if possible. The best film I’ve watched in theaters going back 20 years to the LOTR series. It lived up the the hype and then some

What a masterpiece. Wish I had read the source material a long time ago but this film ****ing ruled. Will likely see it again soon
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-10-2024, 07:58 AM   #83
Ultrabanned

Lololol I posted first then went back and read this thread. fraz not a fan eh?

Guess I’m a little glad I didn’t fall in love with the source material first
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-10-2024, 08:14 AM   #84
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I would definitely let Lady Jessica have it. That is a sexy space witch even with all the shit on her face.
I'd let her drink my worm juice if you know what i mean..
Old 03-10-2024, 09:35 AM   #85
Future NBA Finals MVP

I would like to know why I hate Star Wars but I love Dune? People say that Star Wars was inspired by the Dune book.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-10-2024, 09:42 AM   #86
Ultrabanned

Quote:
I would like to know why I hate Star Wars but I love Dune? People say that Star Wars was inspired by the Dune book.
Because you were exposed to Stars Wars people like Clay your whole life but there wasn't a Dune subculture?
Old 03-10-2024, 09:46 AM   #87
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Because you were exposed to Stars Wars people like Clay your whole life but there wasn't a Dune subculture?
You know that definitely could be it I guess. The special effects I feel like were not good enough to make a movie like the original Star Wars so it just looked and felt way, way too corny for me.

I imagine if I watched 1984 Dune it would be super duper cheese.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-10-2024, 09:50 AM   #88
Ultrabanned

Quote:
You know that definitely could be it I guess. The special effects I feel like were not good enough to make a movie like the original Star Wars so it just looked and felt way, way too corny for me.

I imagine if I watched 1984 Dune it would be super duper cheese.
I'm sure it sucks. Trying to create great Sci-Fi without the processing power we have this century is a tall task.

Oh look, their ship is just hurdling thru space right now!!

*shakes shoebox spray painted silver with strobe lights in the background*

1977 crowds:

Old 03-10-2024, 12:05 PM   #89
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Lololol I posted first then went back and read this thread. fraz not a fan eh?

Guess I’m a little glad I didn’t fall in love with the source material first
It's kind of like Starship Troopers. I hadn't read the book when I first saw the movie, and despite it being rather silly, I loved it. To this day it's one of my favorites. My friend Russ (who used to post here as KCWolfman) loved the book, and hated the movie the same way I hate every adaption of Dune. I did eventually read the book, and I definitely understand why he feels that way. Paul Verhoeven (who also did Robocop and Total Recall) absolutely raped the source material, far worse than Lynch or Villeneuve did Dune. Thank God I didn't read the book first - I may well have set fire to the theater.

It's the curse of being old, I guess. I predate Star Wars, and remember what science fiction movies were like before that. Even the ones with good stories had usually special effects you could duplicate by hanging toys from strings and setting them on fire. But at this point, pretty much anything you can imagine can be presented on screen like it's real, and it's been that way for decades now. Younger generations just don't get that, and never will. Especially the ones who never read a book that didn't have pictures in it.
Old 03-10-2024, 04:13 PM   #90
MVP

"Dune 2(IMAX)": an audiovisual spectacle the likes of which not seen since "1917", featuring an uncompelling pair of leads and a forgettable script
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.