Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: How far can you throw a football?
15 yards I'm a girl 6 5.61%
20 yards 2 1.87%
25 yards 1 0.93%
30 yards 19 17.76%
35 yards 12 11.21%
40 yards 25 23.36%
45 yards 5 4.67%
50 yards 14 13.08%
55+ 23 21.50%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2009, 03:35 PM  
I'll be back.

How far can you throw a football?

The other thread got me thinking about this. A few months ago I went out to the local HS football field to see how far I could throw a football. I have well-muscled shoulders but I couldn't get it over 30 yards.

Are NFL quarterbacks just born with the ability to throw a ball 50-60 yards (this is about as far as I remember anyone on the NFL quarterback challenge throwing a football), or do I just have shitty mechanics or something?

How far can you throw a football?
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:30 PM   #91
Most Valuable Poster

That being said... I can't hit a golfball for shit.
teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:36 PM   #92
Training Camp Hero

I play some qb and get away with throwing 40 yards.. Mind you on a good day i can throw between 45-50..

From my experience it comes down to technique and the speed of which you can move your arm.. Skinny guys can often throw far because they dont have much mass to carry, hence a faster thus further throw...
Chiefs=Champions Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs=Champions Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs=Champions Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs=Champions Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs=Champions Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs=Champions Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs=Champions Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs=Champions Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs=Champions Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs=Champions Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs=Champions Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:37 PM   #93
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Towne View Post
This thread reminds me of one I had several years ago about golf. At the time, not one pro golfer averaged 300 yds off the tee. But this site had 25-30 who could do it. Some of them with range balls.

Yeah, an unusual percentage of guys here also seem to go anywhere from 6'2 240 to 6'5 260.
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:37 PM   #94
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigVE View Post
LOL, no kidding. As soon as I saw the results of the poll I laughed. Most guys who think they are driving the ball 300 yds. have never really measured it out accurately. You have noticed that we also have some of the baddest men on the planet on this board when you read some of the "fight" threads. My arm was above average for a mid-level softballer at best, when it came to throwing footballs I left it to someone else.
Yep. first liar doesn't have a chance.
Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:44 PM   #95
World's finest morphius

I'm going to guess I'm in the 30 yard range. The sad thing is that I think my wife when she was younger was in the 40 yard range, my BiL where catching balls from her, with us taking turns and both of our arms were worn out before hers.

Skip - My longest drive to date is 266 yards, but I only started last year.
morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:48 PM   #96
You Sweetie!

ok, I was real good at tee-ball, just incredible.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:52 PM   #97
You Sweetie!

reading that ->

55+
Blankey, CCU2000, DJJasonp, doomy3, dtforever, KnowMo2724, listopencil, Sofa King, Tylerthigpen!1!, Valiant, ZootedGranny

... may've changed my life.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:54 PM   #98
The Dude Abides

I tested it tonight at practice....57-58 yds (3rd try.) FTR, with absolutely NO accuracy whatsoever though.
Mr. Kotter has disabled reputation
Old 08-28-2009, 08:54 PM   #99
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphius View Post
I'm going to guess I'm in the 30 yard range. The sad thing is that I think my wife when she was younger was in the 40 yard range, my BiL where catching balls from her, with us taking turns and both of our arms were worn out before hers.

Skip - My longest drive to date is 266 yards, but I only started last year.
I won a state championship in high school (which I can prove) and I doubt I ever hit a 300 yard drive.
Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:05 PM   #100
Stroking to the SB Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Towne View Post
This thread reminds me of one I had several years ago about golf. At the time, not one pro golfer averaged 300 yds off the tee. But this site had 25-30 who could do it. Some of them with range balls.
I can't hit my driver for shit. Matter a fact, I took it out of my bag last year.

I can, however, hit my 3 wood a fair piece, though. Last weekend I drove the green on a short par 4 290 yard hole with the 3 wood. I can consistently knock my 3 wood about 255-260 yards.

I have no idea how far I can throw a FB anymore (probably less than 40 yards).
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:11 PM   #101
World's finest morphius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
I can't hit my driver for shit. Matter a fact, I took it out of my bag last year.

I can, however, hit my 3 wood a fair piece, though. Last weekend I drove the green on a short par 4 290 yard hole with the 3 wood. I can consistently knock my 3 wood about 255-260 yards.

I have no idea how far I can throw a FB anymore (probably less than 40 yards).
It is interesting how many people hit their 3 as long as they hit their driver, and normally more accurately. I think I can only can hit mine about 220 on the long side though.
morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:12 PM   #102
You Sweetie!

I have the best one-handed backhand w/in this immediate area plus eight additional blocks! OMG@
Old 08-28-2009, 09:16 PM   #103
Stroking to the SB Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphius View Post
It is interesting how many people hit their 3 as long as they hit their driver, and normally more accurately. I think I can only can hit mine about 220 on the long side though.
Generally speaking, I probably should be hitting my 3 around 235-240 yds, but I have a big swing (which also leads to a big hook at times). When I hit it on the screws, it really moves. For some reason, my 3 wood just works for me - while my driver just doesn't.
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:17 PM   #104
World's finest morphius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
I have the best one-handed backhand w/in this immediate area plus eight additional blocks! OMG@
I went two handed a long time ago, but I can pull off a good one hand on occasion. I would have loved to clock my first serve when it was really on, twas nasty fast.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:20 PM   #105
World's finest morphius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
Generally speaking, I probably should be hitting my 3 around 235-240 yds, but I have a big swing (which also leads to a big hook at times). When I hit it on the screws, it really moves. For some reason, my 3 wood just works for me - while my driver just doesn't.
I still like to slice, but my bigger problem is getting my hands around fast enough and I end up pushing to the right. I'm getting better at it, but its taking time, and I don't get to play enough to really improve it.