Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-19-2018, 06:11 AM  
Abolish The Salary Cap!

Chiefs are signing Orlando Scandrick (1-year, $1.5 million)

Last edited by Quesadilla Joe; 08-19-2018 at 06:21 AM..
Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:37 AM   #196
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I am a big big fan of Hitchens. Right now he's showing himself to be game if nothing else; he's not going to shy away from anything. So hopefully he starts getting more comfortable in the scheme.

We were spoiled by DJ - a true All-Pro 3-down linebacker ain't walking through that door again for a long while, gents. When TG left, we got damn lucky to find Kelce. And our history with RBs seems similar - we just keep bouncing from pro bowler to pro bowler.

But I don't think we can expect that kind of thing at ILB. We need to adjust to a normal life here - most interior linebackers can't cover like a safety and we just have to deal with that.
I watched Hitchens cover WR's in college. I'm not at all worried about him.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:40 AM   #197
The man you could post like.

If they'll take both 2nd rounders this year for him do you do it?
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:41 AM   #198
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Quote:
How do you fit in an $11 million cap hit? I can't see it.

But this defense really is built backwards. I guess it was a pre-emptive measure to keep teams from taking the air out of the ball by just running it at us over and over again.

But the offense is built to put up a slew of points and force teams to pass....yet the off-season focused on run defense. I understand trying to make teams one-dimensional but aren't you better served focusing on beefing up your coverage so that when you get up 2-3 scores you don't find yourself holding on for dear life as the opponent abandons the run game and just wrecks your scattershot secondary?
You would think since it is a dominated passing game and ever more so now with the involvement of the RB as a receiver with the RPO option always on the table for the QB.
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:41 AM   #199
Hockey Town

Quote:

But this defense really is built backwards. I guess it was a pre-emptive measure to keep teams from taking the air out of the ball by just running it at us over and over again.

But the offense is built to put up a slew of points and force teams to pass....yet the off-season focused on run defense. I understand trying to make teams one-dimensional but aren't you better served focusing on beefing up your coverage so that when you get up 2-3 scores you don't find yourself holding on for dear life as the opponent abandons the run game and just wrecks your scattershot secondary?
You'd think they could get Mr team Eric Berry to restructure to win right? Funny I'm throwing that out there when I actually think he might be the guy to say no...
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:42 AM   #200
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
Probably...You might be able to get them to throw in something else that could be of use since they just benched like 4 guys with changing defensive schemes at and all.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:42 AM   #201
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Give them a 2019 2nd and a 2020 if you've gotta.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:43 AM   #202
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
You'd think they could get Mr team Eric Berry to restructure to win right? Funny I'm throwing that out there when I actually think he might be the guy to say no...
No but Houstons contract becomes dumpable
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:44 AM   #203
In Search of a Life

Peterson ain't what he once was.

No thanks for 2 2nds. Are you guys nuts?

For a single second you could probable end up with Earl Thomas.

If I'm trading with the Cardinals, Id be very interested in Reddick to pair with Hitchens and Ragland.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:45 AM   #204
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
Give them a 2019 2nd and a 2020 if you've gotta.
Meh. Might as well just dump them this year. Veach is just going to draft a couple of DL to OLB projects that are virtually worthless for 2 to 3 years.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 09:45 AM   #205
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I am a big big fan of Hitchens. Right now he's showing himself to be game if nothing else; he's not going to shy away from anything. So hopefully he starts getting more comfortable in the scheme.

We were spoiled by DJ - a true All-Pro 3-down linebacker ain't walking through that door again for a long while, gents. When TG left, we got damn lucky to find Kelce. And our history with RBs seems similar - we just keep bouncing from pro bowler to pro bowler.

But I don't think we can expect that kind of thing at ILB. We need to adjust to a normal life here - most interior linebackers can't cover like a safety and we just have to deal with that.
Excellent post. Couldn’t agree more.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:45 AM   #206
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:

Here’s the thing: the corner market was not very good last Spring. Kyle Fuller is not very good (thank God we didn’t get him), Trumaine Johnson apparently has character concerns which means we would have sold a corner with character concerns to turn around and buy another problem player at the same position?

I actually agree with the philosophy Veach employed this year.

-pass rush is the most important piece to a defense. Broncos, Jags and Eagles defenses were so good bc they had a great pass rush with quality depth to rotate players and stay fresh. Veach mentioned this specifically.
-best way to slow down an elite offense is to keep them off the field. Running the ball is the best way to do that and control the clock.
-we need speed in the middle of the field with sure tackling. O’Daniel looked like a great prospect to fix that problem.

So far only Nnandi has been a good player, but it’s still early. I don’t think many, if any, 3rd rd rookies are seeing the field much.

I think we’ll see more of them in the 2nd half of the season.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:45 AM   #207
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
No.

It is absolutely vital that we re-stock some spots on this team with cost-controlled guys.

Had we not drafted K-Pass and Speaks to be terrible the last 2 years I'd consider it, but you're trending down Seahawks Road if you start burning up draft capital for quick fixes.

If we want a 2 year window and then a long time of praying that Mahomes doesn't get murdered while throwing to substandard weapons behind a frayed OL, sure - do that. I'm not interested. We need to keep our draft capital and keep shooting our shots.

Veach simply has to do a better job of using those picks, though.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:45 AM   #208
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Meh. Might as well just dump them this year. Veach is just going to draft a couple of DL to OLB projects that are virtually worthless for 2 to 3 years.
I wish I didn't feel like this but I do. I agree.

If our window is open now, do something NOW.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:45 AM   #209
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Peterson ain't what he once was.

No thanks for 2 2nds. Are you guys nuts?

For a single second you could probable end up with Earl Thomas.

If I'm trading with the Cardinals, Id be very interested in Reddick to pair with Hitchens and Ragland.
You might be able to get him also...

Peterson is still one of the 5 best at that position, the team has just crumbled around him.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:47 AM   #210
Hockey Town

Quote:
No.

It is absolutely vital that we re-stock some spots on this team with cost-controlled guys.

Had we not drafted K-Pass and Speaks to be terrible the last 2 years I'd consider it, but you're trending down Seahawks Road if you start burning up draft capital for quick fixes.

If we want a 2 year window and then a long time of praying that Mahomes doesn't get murdered while throwing to substandard weapons behind a frayed OL, sure - do that. I'm not interested. We need to keep our draft capital and keep shooting our shots.

Veach simply has to do a better job of using those picks, though.
You'd probably get 5 years out of Peterson...problem though is at least one if not 2 of those picks next year are going to CB.