Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-09-2020, 08:29 AM   #2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
It's good regardless. If you don't like rap music, you can still have respect for the skill and fluidity of the lyrics, similar to Eminem, Dr. Dre, Jay-Z, etc. Is it going to be your favorite musical of all time if you don't have an affinity for rap music? Probably not, but you can still watch it, enjoy it, and at least say you've seen it. It uses more intelligent language in the lyrics than you'll find in 95% of rap music I feel.

Why spend my money on something I inherently don't enjoy? You mention Eminem, Dr. Dre and Jay Z as people I should respect-- to my knowledge, and I am not exaggerating-- I haven't listened to even one of their songs in it's entirety.

ETA I just read the lyrics to 'My Mom' by Eminem. It does not instill me with respect for his skill and fluidity. In fact, it confirmed my previous thoughts on the 'art' form.
Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 08:35 AM   #3
remember, remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheater5 View Post
Why spend my money on something I inherently don't enjoy? You mention Eminem, Dr. Dre and Jay Z as people I should respect-- to my knowledge, and I am not exaggerating-- I haven't listened to even one of their songs in it's entirety.

ETA I just read the lyrics to 'My Mom' by Eminem. It does not instill me with respect for his skill and fluidity. In fact, it confirmed my previous thoughts on the 'art' form.
that's your eminem magnum opus, the one you're going to hold as what his wordplay does?

rap god (and his insane delivery) would be my choice. however, I find others are better with wordplay (love me some childish gambino)
Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.
Old 07-09-2020, 09:42 AM   #4
Plays to win the game!

Quote:

It's apart of Disney Plus, which is $7 a month, so not a terrible investment, worst case scenario is you can borrow your friends account to watch it like all streaming services, so your first excuse isn't really viable.

I don't inherently enjoy Country music or United States Women's Soccer, but I've been to concerts and watched games to see what all the commotion is about. I didn't turtle up in to a private safe space shell as to not offend my own outlook on the world and how I want to see it versus what it actually is. For every Beyonce song, there's a monster truck rally, I'm not going to rule out either just because I don't follow them.

You can have respect for rappers and other musician's even if you can't relate to their music. Does Eminem have some twisted lyrics about killing people, yeah, but I'm not going to say all his music is worthless and not worth my time just because I don't agree with one song. Life isn't always an all or nothing approach and shouldn't be treated that way. I care to experience most things life has to offer, but I was replying to the OP, not to your bubble.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 11:03 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:

Just admit you have no rhythm and stop talking about a genre of music you have no clue about.
Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 07-11-2020, 12:21 AM   #6
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorry View Post
Just admit you have no rhythm and stop talking about a genre of music you have no clue about.
Personally I'm holding out for the hard rock version of MLK! starring Ted Nugent as King and Gene Simmons as Jessie Jackson.

Should be a hoot.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2020, 12:40 AM   #7
Plays to win the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Personally I'm holding out for the hard rock version of MLK! starring Ted Nugent as King and Gene Simmons as Jessie Jackson.

Should be a hoot.
I think Lin Manuel Miranda and Leslie Odom Jr. have much more respect for the source material than Ted Nugent and Gene Simmons would have for civil rights. Might be obvious to say, but someone has to say it on this board from time to time.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 01:28 AM   #8
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
I think Lin Manuel Miranda and Leslie Odom Jr. have much more respect for the source material than Ted Nugent and Gene Simmons would have for civil rights. Might be obvious to say, but someone has to say it on this board from time to time.
I doubt if Nugent and Simmons actively support domestic terrorists, either.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 06:12 PM   #9
Plays to win the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I doubt if Nugent and Simmons actively support domestic terrorists, either.
Calling MLK a domestic terrorist is coming from the same voice that shot him. MLK made more change in this world than you and your friends ever did or will, and they're far better men because of it. Have a little respect for a man who was assassinated for speaking for equality.