Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-24-2019, 03:49 PM  
MVP

****Official 2019-2020 NHL Season Thread****

Season begins a week from tomorrow, and the defending champs just traded Joel Edmundson and a prospect for Justin Faulk.

Who's up for back-to-back Cups?

OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2020, 10:44 AM   #151
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
I just watched the highlight, that was indeed a great game...
Lightning sure did have their panties in a bunch... they got all hot and bothered after a perfectly good hit by MacKinnon, too.

It was pretty playoff-like though... I'm catching the Yotes/Lightning this weekend.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2020, 05:47 PM   #152
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Jay Bouwmeester will not play for the rest of the season, including playoffs:

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/hock...bde1fee6a.html
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:14 PM   #153
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Jay Bouwmeester will not play for the rest of the season, including playoffs:

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/hock...bde1fee6a.html
I was fully expecting today to be his retirement press conference.

Last year of his deal, 36 years old and coming off a cardiac event.

Maybe he gets a 1-year deal with the Blues if he clears medical, but I can't see anyone else signing him - even though he's been a solid defender and wins the conditioning tests every year.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:49 PM   #154
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
I was fully expecting today to be his retirement press conference.

Last year of his deal, 36 years old and coming off a cardiac event.

Maybe he gets a 1-year deal with the Blues if he clears medical, but I can't see anyone else signing him - even though he's been a solid defender and wins the conditioning tests every year.
The more I think about it, the more I think he's going to announce his retirement this summer. The only thing that speaks otherwise are his comments about being a hockey player and that even right now a part of him wants to be on the ice with his teammates.

Either way, I'll be glad for him. He's always been a favorite of mine.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2020, 06:48 AM   #155
MVP

Flames scored with 42 seconds left to take the lead. Predators scored with 0.01 seconds left to tie and then the same guy for Nashville scored the winner in OT. Crazy game
ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-28-2020, 02:22 PM   #156
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Blues are starting to look like last year's playoff team. And Taresenko might be back on the ice in a couple weeks. Wondering when we'll start hearing "Gloria" again.
Old 02-28-2020, 02:29 PM   #157
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Blues are starting to look like last year's playoff team. And Taresenko might be back on the ice in a couple weeks. Wondering when we'll start hearing "Gloria" again.
You won't.

Pretty sure everyone's tired of it or at least that's what all of the kvetching in the Blues' fan FB group indicated during their little bit of a schnide earlier this month when the song would be posted or referenced thrice daily.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2020, 02:36 PM   #158
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
You won't.

Pretty sure everyone's tired of it or at least that's what all of the kvetching in the Blues' fan FB group indicated during their little bit of a schnide earlier this month when the song would be posted or referenced thrice daily.
Ha, the "Gloria" reference was kinda tongue-in-cheek. Just thinking the Blues just might make a deep playoff run. Right now they're +885 to win the Cup again. I know it's nearly impossible for a team to repeat in the NHL, but the Blues are on a 5-game win streak, and look pretty sharp lately.

Maybe, just maybe there's another miracle left in the tank . ..
Old 02-28-2020, 02:49 PM   #159
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Ha, the "Gloria" reference was kinda tongue-in-cheek. Just thinking the Blues just might make a deep playoff run. Right now they're +885 to win the Cup again. I know it's nearly impossible for a team to repeat in the NHL, but the Blues are on a 5-game win streak, and look pretty sharp lately.

Maybe, just maybe there's another miracle left in the tank . ..
Six game but I get your point. Binnington hasn't been Godlike as he was during last year's Cup run and who knows what Tarasenko can do when (if) he comes back.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2020, 03:07 PM   #160
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Six game but I get your point. Binnington hasn't been Godlike as he was during last year's Cup run and who knows what Tarasenko can do when (if) he comes back.
Binnington hasn't been Godlike as he was during last year's Cup run-YET.

Be precise when talking about Our Savior, please.
Old 02-28-2020, 06:12 PM   #161
Would an idiot do that?

Yotes have fallen off a bit, which is disappointing in a division where the 2nd place Canucks would be 4th or 5th best in any other division.

The Central though.... Blues, Avalanche, and Stars are 3 of the hottest teams in hockey.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2020, 11:28 PM   #162
Banned

I grew up loving the Avs with Sakic/Forsberg/rob blake/paul kariya (for those that remember him) adam foote/hedjuk/deadmarsh/hinote etc

I haven't had a chance to watch the avs real close as of late - are they legit cup contenders this year?
Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 02-29-2020, 12:47 AM   #163
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Yotes have fallen off a bit, which is disappointing in a division where the 2nd place Canucks would be 4th or 5th best in any other division.

The Central though.... Blues, Avalanche, and Stars are 3 of the hottest teams in hockey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorry View Post
I grew up loving the Avs with Sakic/Forsberg/rob blake/paul kariya (for those that remember him) adam foote/hedjuk/deadmarsh/hinote etc

I haven't had a chance to watch the avs real close as of late - are they legit cup contenders this year?
Up until a few weeks ago I thought the Coyotes were actually going to make a serious bid at making the playoffs, even maybe making a decent run. But they've fallen off a cliff for whatever reason recently, and now I don't think they can make up the points with the games they have left. They would have to go on a monster win streak to get into the playoffs now. And they're so average on the road I don't see how they can get that done.

The Avs look pretty good right now. Shoo-ins for the playoffs today, and their goal differential is a ridiculous +47, IIRC. They have a long road stretch ahead, but they've been pretty good on the road, so we'll see who they are when they finish that in a couple weeks.
Old 02-29-2020, 02:36 AM   #164
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

So who do we think is the favourite to win the championship? I think I read somewhere that my Knights now have the best odds or are Tampa still out in front? Either way Peter Deboer has the look of BIG RED right now...a guy who's been close twice but just might have a chance to cross the line this time .
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 02-29-2020, 10:29 AM   #165
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorry View Post

I still have a Chris Drury bobblehead... he won the Hobey Baker and then NHL rookie of the year (Makar could do the same).

Avalanche are 5th in both goals and goals against, even with all the injuries to their top lines and Grubauer... they should be dangerous this postseason if they can get and stay healthy.