Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 07-09-2018, 07:39 PM  
I'll be back.

Star Wars: Episode IX

Welp, time to start the thread because LANDO IS BACK.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...ing-episode-ix

Quote:
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed the long-gestating rumors that Billy Dee Williams will return to that galaxy far, far away and will reprise his role of Lando Calrissian for next year’s Star Wars: Episode IX!

Williams made his debut as the gambling scoundrel in Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, reprising in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, and in countless other Star Wars shows like Star Wars Rebels and games like Star Wars: Jedi Knight II – Jedi Outcast. He even voiced the character in various Robot Chicken and Family Guy episodes dedicated solely to Star Wars as well as The LEGO Movie. Donald Glover stepped into the role earlier this year to play a younger Lando in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

In Episode IX, Williams joins returning franchise stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, and Adam Driver, plus newcomer (and frequent J.J. Abrams collabroator) Keri Russell.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:28 PM   #541
Paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
How can anyone not like the sequel trilogy? ****. What an amazing scene this was.

Never saw it. Won't ever see it.
Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 11:34 AM   #542
I'll be back.

Maybe JJ was original this time.

https://comicbook.com/starwars/2019/...zPE8UjuF74-m5M

Quote:
The actress recently revealed that, while her role in the film is minimal and the film itself hasn't been completed, reading the script inspired a powerful emotional reaction in her.

“When I read his script that he wrote I cried,” Russell shared with The Associated Press. “I mean who knows what it will turn out to be and I hope it remains true to what he originally wanted.”

With The Rise of Skywalker being that much further removed from the original trilogy, there are many avenues that Abrams could explore, but Russell assures that the story honors the legacy of the series.

“He’s not trying to change it to be something else,” the actress admitted. “He really respects what it is.”
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2019, 04:09 PM   #543
BAMF!

Quote:
So JJ is just going to ripoff Return of the Jedi? That is my guess.
bowener has disabled reputation
Old 06-28-2019, 01:28 PM   #544
Rookie

Whatever happens, the whole thing was ruined for me when they killed off Han, named Han's son Ben instead of Luke's, made Luke a grumpy old man that somehow doesn't give a damn about anything now that he's older, and made Rey basically learn expert-tier force tactics in the span of a few days, with no training whatsoever. Also, I've heard rumors of Lando being revealed as bisexual. I guess that helps explain his dashing cape. But what else does it really do for the character? I mean, I guess it doubles his odds of getting laid. But aside from that...

Last edited by Holy Hat; 06-28-2019 at 01:36 PM..
Holy Hat is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 06-28-2019, 02:51 PM   #545
Unsparing

You can't fix the slop of 7 and 8 without making 9 an absolute and complete caricature of itself.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 04:28 PM   #546
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Hat View Post
Whatever happens, the whole thing was ruined for me when they killed off Han, named Han's son Ben instead of Luke's, made Luke a grumpy old man that somehow doesn't give a damn about anything now that he's older, and made Rey basically learn expert-tier force tactics in the span of a few days, with no training whatsoever. Also, I've heard rumors of Lando being revealed as bisexual. I guess that helps explain his dashing cape. But what else does it really do for the character? I mean, I guess it doubles his odds of getting laid. But aside from that...
Han loves robots. I guess that makes him a binary sexual?
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-28-2019, 05:19 PM   #547
Banned

They should've never rebooted the franchise, but I get it major money. They should have ended the Skywalker saga and took it from a siths POV until the last movie
Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 06-28-2019, 05:48 PM   #548
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Han loves robots. I guess that makes him a binary sexual?
What does Star wars fan call his favorite prostitute during oral sex?

Load lifter.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-28-2019, 05:53 PM   #549
mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate View Post
What does Star wars fan call his favorite prostitute during oral sex?

Load lifter.

via GIPHY

Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-28-2019, 06:36 PM   #550
Unsparing

Old 06-28-2019, 07:15 PM   #551
Bring it on Ahab!

They're going to abolish the jedi (luke will be the last Jedi) and Rey is going to start a new force order/religion called Skywalker and they will be called skywalkers.

*cue music*

There, I saved you two hours.
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-28-2019, 07:19 PM   #552
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
How can anyone not like the sequel trilogy? ****. What an amazing scene this was.

Because it's written very poorly.

It wasn't a visual disaster.

Star wars movies always LOOK good.
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-28-2019, 07:21 PM   #553
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate View Post
I've never cared less for Star wars characters in my life. That's how poorly written this new cast is. And when you have to go and dig palpatine up from the grave? I mean come on...
But what about all the amazing character growth from Rey?

She went from being good at everything to being good at everything. It was REALLY DEEP and engaging. I'm riveted that she might continue to succeed at everything she tries. Who needs a character archtype when you can just create someone who flatly goes through the story being dragged along by a less than engaging plot.
Old 06-28-2019, 07:25 PM   #554
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post
They're going to abolish the jedi (luke will be the last Jedi) and Rey is going to start a new force order/religion called Skywalker and they will be called skywalkers.

*cue music*

There, I saved you two hours.
Is it possible to die from simultaneous pants pissing laughter AND vomiting? Stay tuned to find out!
Old 07-01-2019, 06:10 PM   #555
MVP

It is quite astounding how badly they mismanaged Star Wars. They had the perfect opportunity. The fan base was ready for a fresh start and they completely squandered every ounce of good will.

All they needed was one more adventure with the old gang to set the tone and it was all hyperspace. However, agendas were pushed instead of story arcs.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.