Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-17-2015, 01:29 PM  
GBM 8-12-15

Covers you like better than the original.

I don't remember if we've done this before, but if we have, bite me.

Manfred Mann: Blinded by the light

Bruce Springsteen:
BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:55 PM   #946
Fight, build, win!

Everytime I hear Tommy Emmanuel play guitar I think I should sell my guitars and get a tin garbage pail and lid and a whiskey jug to toot on and beat. I will never have a thimble full of that talent.

srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 12:04 AM   #947
Fight, build, win!

srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2020, 12:20 AM   #948
Fight, build, win!

I guess its not really a cover as Robbie Robertson the man who penned it is in it. Its a cool video of folks voices and instruments around the world.

Old 09-24-2020, 05:29 AM   #949
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2020, 07:41 AM   #950
Everybody Lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Hopefully this isn't Q (and hell, I might be Qing myself here, lol), and hopefully I'm not sending any purists over the edge with heresy, but I much rather prefer this version over the original -

Pretty good. I like their cover of Love Gun too. Do I like either of these better than the original though? I don't know bout that...
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2020, 07:43 AM   #951
'Tis my eye!

There is zero chance Stone Sour's cover of Children of the Grave is better than the original. I don't even have to listen to it and I can say that with 100% confidence.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2020, 07:45 AM   #952
Everybody Lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cripple creek View Post
skynrds cover of canned heats' that smell is far superior
That Smell by Skynyrd is a ****in great song.
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2020, 07:47 AM   #953
'Tis my eye!

I'm philosophically opposed to the idea that ANY cover could be better than the original. The original is...well...original, and therefore, by definition, better.

That being said, Glenn Hughes does an AMAZING job with this old Rainbow tune. Makes me tear up a bit even...

htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2020, 07:49 AM   #954
Starter

I know this has already been mentioned, but The Sound of Silence by Disturbed. IMO, one of the best covers ever.

And Leo Moracchioli (Frogleap Studios) does some amazing metal covers. He has a ton of them on Youtube.
cron912 is not part of the Right 53.cron912 is not part of the Right 53.cron912 is not part of the Right 53.cron912 is not part of the Right 53.cron912 is not part of the Right 53.cron912 is not part of the Right 53.cron912 is not part of the Right 53.cron912 is not part of the Right 53.cron912 is not part of the Right 53.cron912 is not part of the Right 53.cron912 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 09-24-2020, 03:22 PM   #955
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
I'm philosophically opposed to the idea that ANY cover could be better than the original. The original is...well...original, and therefore, by definition, better.

That being said, Glenn Hughes does an AMAZING job with this old Rainbow tune. Makes me tear up a bit even...

How is original better by definition? I mean, I value originality for sure, but original does not equal good.

I also question why a cover couldn’t be original. Sure, the lyrics aren’t original, but that’s only a part of what makes a song. You can produce an entirely original arrangement and still be a cover. Can you seriously with a straight face tell me that Hendrix’s All Along the Watchtower wasn’t original and wasn’t better than Dylan’s?
Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-24-2020, 03:52 PM   #956
Go Beavers!

I don't really care for either of the original songs but this mash up is pretty cool.

Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 09-24-2020, 05:07 PM   #957
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Eye View Post
How is original better by definition? I mean, I value originality for sure, but original does not equal good.

I also question why a cover couldn’t be original. Sure, the lyrics aren’t original, but that’s only a part of what makes a song. You can produce an entirely original arrangement and still be a cover. Can you seriously with a straight face tell me that Hendrix’s All Along the Watchtower wasn’t original and wasn’t better than Dylan’s?
I prefer Hendrix's version myself but it isn't the original. It's not "better", it's just different.
Old 09-24-2020, 05:14 PM   #958
'Tis my eye!

Here's a cover I much prefer to the original. Definitely not a Joan Baez fan.

Old 09-24-2020, 05:53 PM   #959
Go Beavers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Here's a cover I much prefer to the original. Definitely not a Joan Baez fan.

This is better than the original AND JP's cover.

Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 09-24-2020, 05:57 PM   #960
'Tis my eye!

To each their own I guess.