Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-21-2019, 10:45 PM  
Kind of a mod

Tesla Cybertruck

Well, he said it was going to be different.

Starts at $40k, though. That's impressive.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:33 PM   #226
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
https://www.barstoolsports.com/iowa/...yCnPEXxFPCQGfM

According to Forbes, Tesla share price fell about 6 percent following the Cybertruck debut; this caused Musk’s net worth to drop to $768 million, leaving him with $23.6 billion.
Less publicized, but far more important, it lowered my net worth by a couple hundred bucks.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 03:08 PM   #227
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
https://www.businessinsider.com/elec...-pounds-2019-7

Heh, Ford has a NORMAL functioning electric truck.

If Chevy/Dodge/Ford builds a normal pickup that has an electric power train Tesla can get ****ed.
I watched a couple of videos on Tesla's truck that made a good point (even if I don't think people like you will be interested in it in its current form). If Tesla had released a truck that looks pretty much like every other truck, it's pretty unlikely ANYONE would buy it. Ford F150 people would likely keep buying Ford F150s (or the electric equivalent). Dodge Ram people would likely keep buying Dodge Rams. Truck buyers are notoriously loyal, so it's just plain unlikely that anyone who has driven a certain model of truck for years is going to change to a Tesla all of a sudden.

By going completely different, they'll appeal to a DIFFERENT audience in the beginning, allowing them to showcase what their version can do. In the future, if they decide to tone it down, they'll have a reputation to go off of and perhaps have more of a chance of convincing people.

So in short, this model isn't for traditional truck buyers because traditional truck buyers probably wouldn't have considered a Tesla anyway. By going so different on the look, though, you'll start to temper your concerns over time after seeing them popping up all over the place. In theory.

It's a very different approach, but it does make some sense.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2019, 03:15 PM   #228
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I watched a couple of videos on Tesla's truck that made a good point (even if I don't think people like you will be interested in it in its current form). If Tesla had released a truck that looks pretty much like every other truck, it's pretty unlikely ANYONE would buy it. Ford F150 people would likely keep buying Ford F150s (or the electric equivalent). Dodge Ram people would likely keep buying Dodge Rams. Truck buyers are notoriously loyal, so it's just plain unlikely that anyone who has driven a certain model of truck is going to change to a Tesla all of a sudden.

By going completely different, they'll appeal to a DIFFERENT audience in the beginning, allowing them to showcase what their version can do. In the future, if they decide to tone it down, they'll have a reputation to go off of and perhaps have more of a chance of convincing people.

So in short, this model isn't for traditional truck buyers because traditional truck buyers probably wouldn't have considered a Tesla anyway. By going so different on the look, though, you'll start to temper your concerns over time after seeing them popping up all over the place. In theory.

It makes some sense, but not particularly for me. I am a value guy. If I can get the same functionality or more for a better gig, I'm down. I just need reasonable assurance of reliability.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2019, 04:00 PM   #229
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
I watched a couple of videos on Tesla's truck that made a good point (even if I don't think people like you will be interested in it in its current form). If Tesla had released a truck that looks pretty much like every other truck, it's pretty unlikely ANYONE would buy it. Ford F150 people would likely keep buying Ford F150s (or the electric equivalent). Dodge Ram people would likely keep buying Dodge Rams. Truck buyers are notoriously loyal, so it's just plain unlikely that anyone who has driven a certain model of truck for years is going to change to a Tesla all of a sudden.

If that's the case, then they blew it imo. The damn thing still needs to look like a truck, not a Mars rover. It needs to have some sort of appeal to a truck buyer. You can't just say, "ah **** it, Ford guy is gonna buy Ford" and throw your arms up in the air. If you don't think you can compete with them and break into the segment, then why bother in the first place?

How about take a page from Toyota, and build a truck that truck guys want? The new Tundras for example. They weren't in the big truck market until they burst on the scene with their redesign.

Nissan, with the Titan. When that thing first came out you'd see it popping up all over construction sites. That was truck was hot when it was released.

Aggressive styling, comfort, and torque is what you need to pull buyers away from the big 3. It can be done. Nissan and Toyota have demonstrated that.

But that ****ing thing in the OP? It's hard to imagine any working class, truck owning man wanting that.

You say they'll appeal to a different audience, but i can't imagine that thing selling enough to change anyone's mind.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2019, 04:03 PM   #230

I'm still trying to figure out what demographic buys that.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2019, 04:23 PM   #231
The Seated Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
I currently own a truck, I will definitely take a look at this once it's available.
MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 11-26-2019, 04:36 PM   #232
Kind of a mod

Quote:

Apparently 200k people have already put down a deposit on one. Granted, it's only $100, and it's fully refundable, so it's a pretty weak gauge of commitment.
Old 11-26-2019, 04:57 PM   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
I currently own a truck, I will definitely take a look at this once it's available.
As a work truck? As a toy hauler? Glorified grocery getter? What would you be doing with it?
Old 11-26-2019, 05:17 PM   #234
The Seated Villain

Quote:
As a work truck? As a toy hauler? Glorified grocery getter? What would you be doing with it?
My current truck (Titan) gets used for off-road/mountain road travel for camping and exploring, hauling lumber and supplies for building projects (personal, not work related), and has exactly the number of seats I need (6). The one downside is how much gas it uses.
MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 11-26-2019, 05:33 PM   #235

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
My current truck (Titan) gets used for off-road/mountain road travel for camping and exploring, hauling lumber and supplies for building projects (personal, not work related), and has exactly the number of seats I need (6). The one downside is how much gas it uses.
Oh i meant the Tesla. You would use this Tesla truck for those same duties?
Old 11-26-2019, 05:41 PM   #236
The Seated Villain

Quote:
Oh i meant the Tesla. You would use this Tesla truck for those same duties?
Yes.
Old 11-26-2019, 05:43 PM   #237
Supporter

Too me it's not a truck or a SUV. It's more of a city ORV. Maybe it could be called a CORV. Plus would you need to have a Mohawk hair cut, wear a spiked leather collar, etc. to drive one?
TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 05:44 PM   #238
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrebMaxx View Post
Too me it's not a truck or a SUV. It's more of a city ORV. Maybe it could be called a CORV. Plus would you need to have a Mohawk hair cut, wear a spiked leather collar, etc. to drive one?
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2019, 06:07 PM   #239
TACO SALAD

Quote:

Apparently 200k people have already put down a deposit on one. Granted, it's only $100, and it's fully refundable, so it's a pretty weak gauge of commitment.
I hadn't seen it was 100 bucks. Wasn't the model 3 1000+? That seems like such a small amount it wouldn't give you good data to anticipate demand. It's nearly a throwaway amount if you're really considering a 55k + tax type truck
ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 11-26-2019, 06:17 PM   #240
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage View Post
I hadn't seen it was 100 bucks. Wasn't the model 3 1000+? That seems like such a small amount it wouldn't give you good data to anticipate demand. It's nearly a throwaway amount if you're really considering a 55k + tax type truck
Yep.