Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-27-2024, 05:46 PM  
Andy Reid Supporter

Chiefs sign a rugby player

Interesting

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2024, 03:59 PM   #151
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel View Post
First post! I’ve been an NFL and Chiefs fan since 2018.

I live about 15 minutes from Zam’s club, Gloucester Rugby, where I’ve been a fan my whole life. So I’ve seen his progression through our academy, to be being the most exciting winger in World rugby.

I was obviously delighted to hear he’s signed with the Chiefs! Athletically, he’s got every attribute which has seen him excel in Rugby.

Given some of the questions in the thread and knowledge I have of him, I thought I’d post.

Money wise, I believe he was on about £250k a year with Gloucester. He’d have additional salary playing for Wales, maybe around £100k a year. So around $440k per annum. He would be inside the top 10% in the UK for a rugby player.

His attributes are obviously his pace. His reputation as the fastest rugby player on the planet is justified. But it isn’t just that which sets him apart.

He has excellent handling ability, including offloading and is great under the high ball. In rugby, as a winger, he’d be targeted maybe a dozen times a game with a high ball. This is typically caught in one of 3 situations: either in a competitive situation under duress, or with a big hit coming shortly after the catch, or in space where he runs it back. He’s very reliable in all situations, which is positive for the NFL.

His hip positioning and rotation is as good as I’ve seen. It enables him to manipulate defences and tacklers, meaning in rugby terms he creates his own channels and spaces really effectively.

His running style is a glider. He’s very different to a Pacheco. It often looks like he’s not trying, but you then see him overtake his opposing player with ease. That comparison another poster made with CMC is an interesting one.

His weaknesses in rugby were tackling, where he did sometimes seem easily beaten and would often concede yards in contact. That obviously won’t matter in NFL, assuming he’s on the offence.

Injury wise, he’s been very robust, given the physicality of the sport. He’s also very used to high pressure situations and excelling in bigger games.

I see him (under the new rules) as a punt returner. That skill set is very easily transferrable from his position in rugby. Longer-term and with a huge amount of hard work, he’s got the attributes to make it as a wide receiver in my opinion.

Hope that helps.
Awesome feedback. Thank you and welcome to CP.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 03-28-2024, 04:21 PM   #152
Veteran

I don't know much about Rugby. I have watched some of these vids and with all those side "passes" it seems he has good hands. This was woefully inadequate.
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-28-2024, 04:31 PM   #153
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel View Post
First post! I’ve been an NFL and Chiefs fan since 2018.

I live about 15 minutes from Zam’s club, Gloucester Rugby, where I’ve been a fan my whole life. So I’ve seen his progression through our academy, to be being the most exciting winger in World rugby.

I was obviously delighted to hear he’s signed with the Chiefs! Athletically, he’s got every attribute which has seen him excel in Rugby.

Given some of the questions in the thread and knowledge I have of him, I thought I’d post.

Money wise, I believe he was on about £250k a year with Gloucester. He’d have additional salary playing for Wales, maybe around £100k a year. So around $440k per annum. He would be inside the top 10% in the UK for a rugby player.

His attributes are obviously his pace. His reputation as the fastest rugby player on the planet is justified. But it isn’t just that which sets him apart.

He has excellent handling ability, including offloading and is great under the high ball. In rugby, as a winger, he’d be targeted maybe a dozen times a game with a high ball. This is typically caught in one of 3 situations: either in a competitive situation under duress, or with a big hit coming shortly after the catch, or in space where he runs it back. He’s very reliable in all situations, which is positive for the NFL.

His hip positioning and rotation is as good as I’ve seen. It enables him to manipulate defences and tacklers, meaning in rugby terms he creates his own channels and spaces really effectively.

His running style is a glider. He’s very different to a Pacheco. It often looks like he’s not trying, but you then see him overtake his opposing player with ease. That comparison another poster made with CMC is an interesting one.

His weaknesses in rugby were tackling, where he did sometimes seem easily beaten and would often concede yards in contact. That obviously won’t matter in NFL, assuming he’s on the offence.

Injury wise, he’s been very robust, given the physicality of the sport. He’s also very used to high pressure situations and excelling in bigger games.

I see him (under the new rules) as a punt returner. That skill set is very easily transferrable from his position in rugby. Longer-term and with a huge amount of hard work, he’s got the attributes to make it as a wide receiver in my opinion.

Hope that helps.
Oi, this has me right chuffed, m8!
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 05:09 PM   #154
Going home eventually

Hes a camp fodder at best.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 05:12 PM   #155
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dawg View Post
WRONG!!!
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 05:23 PM   #156
Veteran

He WILL have defenders yell "GODDAMMIT ZAMMIT!!!" when he scores TDs!!!
KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-28-2024, 05:23 PM   #157
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
I’d let him fodder my children
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2024, 05:43 PM   #158
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post
I’d let him fodder my children
Dante Diddy
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2024, 06:31 PM   #159
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

He is a Dallas Clark with track speed. I love it! An athletic fullback as well when you need it. They will put some weight on him.
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2024, 06:35 PM   #160

Quote:
Bet not!
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2024, 06:40 PM   #161
MVP

This is our chance to own the Haka in the NFL. Would be an incredible addition to the 3peat run, instill fear into our enemies.
Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 06:48 PM   #162
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink View Post
He is a Dallas Clark with track speed. I love it! An athletic fullback as well when you need it. They will put some weight on him.
he can run the tush push.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2024, 06:49 PM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
he can run the tush push.
Old 03-28-2024, 06:50 PM   #164
pie is never free

This thread is exactly the offseason burst this places needs

#Sippio - Minnis Grigsby is headed for the HOF
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2024, 07:36 PM   #165
Consuming CP souls

I'd be shocked if he ever suited up
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.