Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-12-2019, 05:51 PM  
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Should the Chiefs look at S Minkah Fitzpatrick as a CB?

So I've come around to the idea that we might need to address the CB situation sooner rather than later.

In that vein, I was wondering what we think of S Minkah Fitzpatrick of the Miami Dolphins.

6' 1" 200 lbs.

2018 stats
80 tackles
9 pass defended
2 INTs

I know, he's listed as a safety. But last year, out of 1,000 snaps played, he actually played over the slot and on the boundary in nearly 700 snaps. And when he was targeted, he allowed just a 51% completion rate, and a QB rating of only 49%. Okay, 49.7%.

And while he's still got 3 years to go on his contract, he looks cheap, at about 3-4 million/year.

Maybe a solid possibility?

Last edited by Megatron96; 09-12-2019 at 06:11 PM..
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:15 AM   #421
Veteran

The only thing I like about him is his contract. I dont think he can play outside and I love Thornhills upside more than his at FS.
jaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-16-2019, 09:16 AM   #422
In Search of a Life

I do think looking forward at what you would have to do to win a SB, you can never have enough talented players back there.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:18 AM   #423
In Search of a Life

Is the editorial board backtracking a bit now?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:21 AM   #424
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Money wise, sure, but you're also giving up a first rounder for it.
a 30+ first rounder. You think you'll get a player of that caliber in that spot?

It's possible, but it's doubful. He's a proven plus player. LOW risk. rookie deal for 4 seasons.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:21 AM   #425
BAMF!

I'd trade for him if he helped us beat just one team: The Patriots.

Chiefs will need as many decent able bodied DBs against them.
bowener has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:22 AM   #426
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1025 View Post
The only thing I like about him is his contract. I dont think he can play outside and I love Thornhills upside more than his at FS.

So you move Fuller back outside - where he was elite in 2018 according to PFF - and put Fitzpatrick in the slot full-time (where he was elite last year and in college) and long term.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:26 AM   #427
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
So you move Fuller back outside - where he was elite in 2018 according to PFF - and put Fitzpatrick in the slot full-time (where he was elite last year and in college) and long term.
They've already said they see Fuller as a slot guy.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:41 AM   #428
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
They've already said they see Fuller as a slot guy.

With the current alignment and options available, sure. If they don’t make a move for another CB, sure.

But if you can add an elite slot CB that you control for 3.75 more seasons at bargain prices for the cost of a first-round pick, I think you can do it and move Fuller back outside, where he graded out really well in 2018.

You’re giving up the opportunity to draft a player at 32 (yeah, i know... but end of the first at least) that you could potentially control for two more seasons than Fitzgerald, but there’s no guarantee that player is as good. Almost four years of control of a player I know can be a plus Guy is better to me than 5 years of an unknown.

I’m not a “burn all your picks to win immediately” person, but I’m ok with moving late 1sts to get proven, cheap, young players with several years left on their deals.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:44 AM   #429
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
With the current alignment and options available, sure. If they don’t make a move for another CB, sure.

But if you can add an elite slot CB that you control for 3.75 more seasons at bargain prices for the cost of a first-round pick, I think you can do it and move Fuller back outside, where he graded out really well in 2018.

You’re giving up the opportunity to draft a player at 32 (yeah, i know... but end of the first at least) that you could potentially control for two more seasons than Fitzgerald, but there’s no guarantee that player is as good. Almost four years of control of a player I know can be a plus Guy is better to me than 5 years of an unknown.

I’m not a “burn all your picks to win immediately” person, but I’m ok with moving late 1sts to get proven, cheap, young players with several years left on their deals.
Again though, they have pretty clearly said they don't view Fuller as an outside guy. So that seems like a non starter.

I don't have a problem with moving a first for him since it doesn't come with a big extension so I get it.

I just dunno what Minkah is going forward.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:46 AM   #430
Thank you

WHY HAVENT WE TRADED 4 HIM YET
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:48 AM   #431
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Money wise, sure, but you're also giving up a first rounder for it.
Hoping it’s for a 2
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:48 AM   #432
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Hoping it’s for a 2
I'd begrudgingly be ok with that.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:50 AM   #433
Thank you

Why wouldn't you trade a 1st rounder for an ELITE VERSATILE 22-YEAR-OLD DB

That's exactly what you HOPE AND PRAY to get with a first rounder!!!! Why wouldn't you take the known quantity????
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:51 AM   #434
Veteran

We traded our 3rd and Ragland for Ryan Fitzpatrick.
KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 09-16-2019, 10:09 AM   #435
In BB I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Why would Miami keep Flores after this year? He’s killing that team.

Not unless he's the GM he isn't...
Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.