Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:29 AM   #7351
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I'm not a big lamb guy, but I'd be interested in how GOOD lamb tastes.

What kind of dressing you rolling with? I need to up my salad game, and a dressing that would work with strawberries sounds amazing.
I love rack of lamb—so tender and tasty. It's a different taste so you'll just have to try it. Try it with the rack. as it's the best part imo.
I try to have rack of lamb for Easter as it goes with that holiday.

I used a light poppy seed dressing with this because of the strawberries. It's a mild semi-sweet taste.I had some finely diced scallions too, but not much else besides spinach.

I prefer lemon poppy seed dressing but didn't feel like making it. I was out of time.

I bought this brand: You can even get it at WalMart. Never even seen it at Trader Joes.

BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:31 AM   #7352
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
What don't you like about lamb? If it's a little strongly flavored, try to find domestic lamb. It's generally milder. Additionally, almost all the strong flavor of lamb is in the fat - so if you trim off most of the fat caps, you'll tame it a bit.
I've never cooked it.

Most of the lamb I've had has been terribly overcooked and dry. The one that was nicely done was incredibly bland (That one was on a cruise).

I'm predisposed to cow. I live in feedlot country, and have learned some about their nutrition programs and the way they do business, and I'm pro-cow. Moreover, pro-grain finished, professionally fed cow.

I think it comes down to I know what I'm doing with cow. I eat a lot of chicken and some pork, but if you ask me what I'd like for dinner, it's going to be a cow dish.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:32 AM   #7353
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
I've never cooked it.

Most of the lamb I've had has been terribly overcooked and dry. The one that was nicely done was incredibly bland (That one was on a cruise).

I'm predisposed to cow. I live in feedlot country, and have learned some about their nutrition programs and the way they do business, and I'm pro-cow. Moreover, pro-grain finished, professionally fed cow.

I think it comes down to I know what I'm doing with cow. I eat a lot of chicken and some pork, but if you ask me what I'd like for dinner, it's going to be a cow dish.
Lamb I got is from New Zealand. It was at Costco. It's not that strongly flavored, imo. Just different.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:34 AM   #7354
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
I've never cooked it.

I am also pro-cow and pro-grain finished cow. We eat some chicken and pork, but mostly beef. We've started doing a lot more fish now that my wife has a taste for it.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:28 AM   #7355
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
Easter Dinner:

rack of lamb
asparagus
rice pilaf
spinach salad with strawberries
(poppy seed dressing0
Cabernet Sauvignon wine

Chocolate cake with marshmallow and nuts between layers and whipped chocolate ganache frosting. Decorated with a coconut nets with candy Eggs inside. Precede by a mini jelly bean Easter basket.

Cafe Verona coffee

Great menu, wish I had dropped by for Easter dinner!

I LOVE rack of lamb and lamb in general. Had lamb stew at Mulligan's Irish bar in Vegas about a week ago and had 4 double cut perfectly cooked and seasoned lamb chops in Tulsa OK at a place called The Spudder on March 19th with long time friends who live there. Top 5 lamb meals I ever had, that's how good, thick and juicy they were!
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:30 AM   #7356
MVP

Quote:
Do you reheat or do you eat it cold? I can't reheat poultry without it tasting funky.
It's smoked, so reheated is fine, but so is cold. I generally eat it cold though.
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:39 AM   #7357
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
This was a grilled recipe from Cook's Illustrated.

1 tablespoon allspice berries
1 tablespoon black peppercorns
1 ½ teaspoons dried thyme
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 ½ teaspoons dry mustard
¾ teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon cayenne pepper

Grind the allspice, peppercorns, and thyme. Then combine with the rest.

I cut the cayenne in half since my wife doesn't like too much heat. I thought it could use more heat, she liked it right where it was.

The key to the grilling part of this recipe is brining the legs (1/2 c. salt, 2 qt. water) for 30-60 minutes, and then cooking them indirect to 185 degrees, then crisp the skin.

The low and slow of indirect renders the fat really well. It's kind of a long cook - all in, took about an hour, but turned out some of the best legs I've done on a grill. The brine keeps the meat really juicy even though you're basically overcooking it on purpose.
Bonus on this. The leftover cold chicken is pretty awesome.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2017, 03:28 PM   #7358
EvOlVeD

just because you all have mentioned it, lamb

i had never tried it before i arrived in australia. now it's my go to meat. there is nothing better. the easiest is leg of lamb. lamb loin chops are really nice (lamb t-bones) on the grill. will even add a little lamb mince to my meatloaf's. everyone's familiar with garlic and rosemary, but what i really like is using a balsamic glaze whether its on the grill or in the oven.

if you do get a leg of lamb, ask ahead for the shank attached. five pound leg's are the bomb yo!

and in honor of the leg o lamb, having not done one in some time, temp's are getting cooler, will do one up this week and post my pics
Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 04-17-2017, 03:38 PM   #7359
Mostly Ignored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
I have been eyeing lobster tail, why was it overdone? Did you cook it the same overall time as the steak? I was thinking to cook it like shrimp, cook until pink and pull it off the grill.
Sorry, Buzz. I just noticed this post amongst all the Clay stuff.

I used the Weber website recommendations since I couldn't get a hold of my brother in law before cooking.

https://www.weber.com/US/en/blog/grilled-lobster-tails

I used the method they talked about where you cut the lobster tail and open it like a book. I thought their cook times seemed high, so I cut about a minute off of each side, and it still came out over done. Tasted good, though.
TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2017, 03:48 PM   #7360
I'll be back.

Eating good.

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:32 PM   #7361
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:33 PM   #7362

Slop in a skillet....
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:35 PM   #7363

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASS11 View Post
Eating good.

Looks like Alex Smith.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:43 PM   #7364
I'll be back.

that dish has more flavor than anything you eat, plebe
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:56 PM   #7365

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASS11 View Post
that dish has more flavor than anything you eat, plebe
Prolly. But as good as it might taste, it would kill me fo sho!