Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-10-2023, 08:45 PM  
MVP

2024 WR Class

Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 03-24-2024 at 01:08 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-22-2024, 11:17 AM   #2221
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
To Crow's point, I actually like RD 2 better for WR. Feels like we'd be taking a bit of a risk with the guys at the bottom of RD 1.

To DJ's point, some of the same guys would be considered steals 10-20 pick later so maybe we just need to take one at the end of RD 1 and be happy with it.

I like Franklin, Coleman, Legette, & Burton most.

Will be interesting to see how the league feels abut the WR board.
You picked somebody already picked in the mock. Pick again please!
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2024, 12:43 PM   #2222
Andy Reid Supporter

6.80 reported time. What I clocked it as too.

Very good time

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2024, 02:15 PM   #2223
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
To Crow's point, I actually like RD 2 better for WR. Feels like we'd be taking a bit of a risk with the guys at the bottom of RD 1.

To DJ's point, some of the same guys would be considered steals 10-20 pick later so maybe we just need to take one at the end of RD 1 and be happy with it.

I like Franklin, Coleman, Legette, & Burton most.

Will be interesting to see how the league feels abut the WR board.
Point of order:

I don't actually have a point.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2024, 03:53 PM   #2224
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
I don't think giving my perspective on what I have watched is lazy. Terrion Arnold is a consensus top CB in the draft and Mitchell torched him all game. Of course I am going to focus on those reps. And just because he doesn't "look" fast on tape, doesn't mean he's not - its ****ing relative. We was CLEARLY running away from Terrion Arnold, who runs a 4.5. So in those terms - he plays faster than he looks, and a lot of that is related to acceleration IN GAME and the fact that he gets defenders out of position.

I was a little curious so I even went and looked at PFFs new Game Athleticism Score - and wouldn't you know who Number 2 is on that list?

You have also pitched a fit because of how personal it gets around here; maybe look in the mirror, pal. Just because we disagree doesn't make me lazy and ridiculous. Further, I ain't the only guy who has AD Mitchell as a top 5 WR. Go look around.
I'm not making it personal, I"m telling you it's a lazy ****ing take that has been regurgitated ad nauseum. I can make it ****ing personal for you though if you want.

How many catches did he torch Arnold for in that game? Let's start with your astute analysis of that, then we'll get personal because I have no real ****s to give in life.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 04:57 PM   #2225
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I'm not making it personal, I"m telling you it's a lazy ****ing take that has been regurgitated ad nauseum. I can make it ****ing personal for you though if you want.

How many catches did he torch Arnold for in that game? Let's start with your astute analysis of that, then we'll get personal because I have no real ****s to give in life.
Bro have you even watched? Maybe the reason it's regurgitated is because it is both consequential and true. Are you just running around assuming that everyone borrowed the take and can't independently review a game and agree on a conclusion
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-22-2024, 07:12 PM   #2226
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
You picked somebody already picked in the mock. Pick again please!
Sorry brotha! I checked like 3 times and didn't see his name.

Appreciate the supplementary pick, nice choice!
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-22-2024, 07:16 PM   #2227
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
6.80 reported time. What I clocked it as too.

Very good time

How did we come up with the "3-cone drill? ...it's kind of unique, doesn't exactly mimic any true football play, I get that we're testing agility, twitch, and quickness etc but how did they decide this was they way to do it?
Old 03-22-2024, 08:18 PM   #2228
MVP

Which teams are most likely to take a WR in Rounds 1 or 2?
Old 03-22-2024, 10:31 PM   #2229
MVP

Quote:
Bro have you even watched? Maybe the reason it's regurgitated is because it is both consequential and true. Are you just running around assuming that everyone borrowed the take and can't independently review a game and agree on a conclusion
Have you? I don't think you have. He beat McKinstry ONCE and he beat Arnold TWICE. One of the plays against Arnold was a penalty where he did beat Arnold handedly. His big-play, deep TD was against TREY AMOS which accounted for 50% of his yardage. He also fumbled in that game.

Tell me again what I do and don't watch. Please.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-22-2024, 10:33 PM   #2230
MVP

Quote:
Have you? I don't think you have. He beat McKinstry ONCE and he beat Arnold TWICE. One of the plays against Arnold was a penalty where he did beat Arnold handedly. His big-play, deep TD was against TREY AMOS which accounted for 50% of his yardage. He also fumbled in that game.

Tell me again what I do and don't watch. Please.
He beat Arnold for two holds - beat him badly enough that Arnold is hanging on for dear life. His speed plays. Maybe not 4.34 - but fast enough to win in man coverage in the NFL.
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-22-2024, 10:42 PM   #2231
MVP

Quote:
He beat Arnold for two holds - beat him badly enough that Arnold is hanging on for dear life. His speed plays. Maybe not 4.34 - but fast enough to win in man coverage in the NFL.
Ah yes, the one where Arnold tripped and fell so he grabbed him on his way down. I forgot about that one. Can't really chalk that one up to Adonai torching him. It's a play I think Arnold has to make there.

You're still not going to push an agenda that he "torched" two "first round" CBs all night because that's simply inaccurate. He never torched McKinstry and he might not be a 1st rounder to begin with.
Old 03-22-2024, 11:07 PM   #2232
MVP

Quote:
Ah yes, the one where Arnold tripped and fell so he grabbed him on his way down. I forgot about that one. Can't really chalk that one up to Adonai torching him. It's a play I think Arnold has to make there.

You're still not going to push an agenda that he "torched" two "first round" CBs all night because that's simply inaccurate. He never torched McKinstry and he might not be a 1st rounder to begin with.
Pushing an agenda? Like what we say on this message board has weight in the decisions being made on draft day? I told you what I liked about AD Mitchell. Disagree? Fine. Want to talk about it to further understanding and get alternative perspectives? Great.

But to come out and say people have lazy and uninformed takes is you building a strawman to beat up when you could be contributing to the conversation in some productive way. I come here to watch some game videos and discuss with people to get excited about various prospects in the draft. Heaven forbid we have prospects we are excited about and want other people to check out so we can broaden our perspectives or maybe even learn something.
Old 03-22-2024, 11:11 PM   #2233
MVP

Curious what you guys think about T Higgens for pick #32 now that we have ~$30m in Cap Space?
Old 03-22-2024, 11:15 PM   #2234
MVP

Forget Higgins, Boyd is just as good and doesn't require a trade! Let's sign him!
Old 03-23-2024, 03:13 AM   #2235
MVP

Quote:
Pushing an agenda? Like what we say on this message board has weight in the decisions being made on draft day? I told you what I liked about AD Mitchell. Disagree? Fine. Want to talk about it to further understanding and get alternative perspectives? Great.

But to come out and say people have lazy and uninformed takes is you building a strawman to beat up when you could be contributing to the conversation in some productive way. I come here to watch some game videos and discuss with people to get excited about various prospects in the draft. Heaven forbid we have prospects we are excited about and want other people to check out so we can broaden our perspectives or maybe even learn something.
I've wasted my breath (or fingers) on talking about this kid in two threads about the same thing. My perspective on him is already out there.

It's not going to change. I've said I'd be fine enough with him at 32 if that's the way the Chiefs go but there are plenty of issues there that team has to coach. Those issues, in my opinion, are already out there.

The problem I have is everyone points to 3 plays in one game as what defines him as a player instead of looking at the whole. The whole is nowhere near as impressive and shows a lot of holes in his game. Meanwhile, other much more productive, and skilled players fall under a microscope.

There is an easy attraction to a WR with size, speed, and good hands, I get it, but we shouldn't ignore the flaws and I don't see much acknowledgment of those flaws by anyone strongly in his camp. Hell, I'd settle for someone pointing out something great from a game that isn't the Alabama game because I have yet to read it. I'm strongly in the Troy Franklin camp but I acknowledge that he is not overly quick at release, he has some drop issues at times, and he has a scary slender build.

After all that, I do personally apologize for being a dick. I've had a really bad ****ing day from a personal perspective. It's something I've been dealing with in life for several years now that a select few people are aware of. So, it's not you, really. I do enjoy discussing the viewpoints.