Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:53 AM   #886
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunit35 View Post
You just have to wait 6-12 month for shipment.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:56 AM   #887
Supporter

Quote:
You just have to wait 6-12 month for shipment.
It's like waiting on the Class III stamp to arrive while your gear sits in vault jail.

I got called the other day and was told my Silencerco Big Bore Harvester paperwork came in. It had been so long I practically forgot I bought one.

They also reminded me I had a couple SBR lowers and Osprey suppressor coming up soon. It's like Christmas!!!!
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:59 AM   #888
Keepin it Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
It's like waiting on the Class III stamp to arrive while your gear sits in vault jail.

I got called the other day and was told my Silencerco Big Bore Harvester paperwork came in. It had been so long I practically forgot I bought one.

They also reminded me I had a couple SBR lowers and Osprey suppressor coming up soon. It's like Christmas!!!!
I've been dreaming of buying an SBR Tommy gun. The non SBR versions look out of place.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:04 AM   #889
Supporter

Quote:
I've been dreaming of buying an SBR Tommy gun. The non SBR versions look out of place.
It's the one thing I hate about guns. They make you jump through hoops for the stupidest stuff, and then charge you a ****load for a gun that shouldn't cost that much.

Example: M14s, Garands, and Thompsons.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:06 AM   #890
Keepin it Real

Quote:
It's the one thing I hate about guns. They make you jump through hoops for the stupidest stuff, and then charge you a ****load for a gun that shouldn't cost that much.

Example: M14s, Garands, and Thompsons.
The cheapest I've come across was $1700 for an SBR Tommy not including the tax stamp.

Hard to dish out $2k for a historical replica.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:09 AM   #891
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:

I can't have any of that stuff. Damn you Illinois!

Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:13 AM   #892
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I can't have any of that stuff. Damn you Illinois!

I'm not going to lie to you, suppressors are awesome.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:17 AM   #893
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

I bought a Garand a few years ago. It was beautiful, and cool, and historic, but it was also a twitchy pain in the ass, required special ammo, and I was always afraid I was going to mash my thumb while loading a clip, since I never shot it enough to get comfortable with it. I kept it for about a year and then sold it - at least I got back the $1,300 I paid for it.

Got an M1A from Palmetto for about the same price, which basically has all the cool features of the Garand without the headaches. Could I have gotten a more functional AR 10 for less money? Sure. But I wanted old school coolness.

And it is a joy to shoot.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:19 AM   #894
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
They're trying to push through a law in the state legislature that would lift the ban, but the democraps keep stalling it. I don't know if it will ever go through. But then, I never thought we'd get will-issue concealed carry here, either, so I won't give up hope.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:22 AM   #895
Keepin it Real

Quote:
I bought a Garand a few years ago. It was beautiful, and cool, and historic, but it was also a twitchy pain in the ass, required special ammo, and I was always afraid I was going to mash my thumb while loading a clip, since I never shot it enough to get comfortable with it. I kept it for about a year and then sold it - at least I got back the $1,300 I paid for it.

Got an M1A from Palmetto for about the same price, which basically has all the cool features of the Garand without the headaches. Could I have gotten a more functional AR 10 for less money? Sure. But I wanted old school coolness.

And it is a joy to shoot.
Paid $700 for my M1 Garand from the CMP. 1942 receiver with a 1945 Barrel. Non of it is matching but it is beautiful.

Spent $200 more to throw on an authentic military stock. It came with new wood and I didn't care for it. I am in love with the gun.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:22 AM   #896
Roy E.

Quote:
I want to buy multiple suppressors, but don't want to pay a $200 tax on each and wait for several months while the ATF processes the paperwork.

I hope the Hearing Protection Act makes it though Congress and gets signed by President Trump. No more waiting, and no more $200 tax!

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...house-bill/367
Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:23 AM   #897
Supporter

Quote:
They're trying to push through a law in the state legislature that would lift the ban, but the democraps keep stalling it. I don't know if it will ever go through. But then, I never thought we'd get will-issue concealed carry here, either, so I won't give up hope.
Keep fighting the good fight.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:24 AM   #898
Keepin it Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munson View Post
I want to buy multiple suppressors, but don't want to pay a $200 tax on each and wait for several months while the ATF processes the paperwork.

I hope the Hearing Protection Act makes it though Congress and gets signed by President Trump. No more waiting, and no more $200 tax!

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...house-bill/367
The day that happens is the day I buy a suppressor. My bank account will hate me.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:29 AM   #899
Supporter

If you ever purchase a suppressor, I strongly suggest Silencerco.

I had an "incident" which entailed a 7.62 Specwar flying off the end of my Steyer SSG04 from a bullet strike.

I don't know if it was my fault, it probably was, but Silencerco fixed it/sent a brand new one with the same serial # no questions asked.

Free.

Lifetime warranty.

They earned a customer for life through their service, not to mention their gear has top measurements in suppression in all classes.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:32 AM   #900
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Paid $700 for my M1 Garand from the CMP. 1942 receiver with a 1945 Barrel. Non of it is matching but it is beautiful.

Spent $200 more to throw on an authentic military stock. It came with new wood and I didn't care for it. I am in love with the gun.
Damn, that's a great deal.