Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:49 PM   #1636
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
This is a Versa Max in action. I don't claim to be anywhere near as proficient with it as this totally awesome/extremely scary young lady, but I have had pretty much exactly the same modifications made to mine, and yes, it does run that well.

If you think this gun sucks, well, I really don't know what to tell you.

^^^^ What Zombies are afraid of ^^^^
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:06 PM   #1637
Iowa B1G West Champs

Quote:
This is a Versa Max in action. I don't claim to be anywhere near as proficient with it as this totally awesome/extremely scary young lady, but I have had pretty much exactly the same modifications made to mine, and yes, it does run that well.

If you think this gun sucks, well, I really don't know what to tell you.

Honestly, any decent autoloader can do this in competition. Put mods on and tube extensions on any good autoloader and its gonna perform in comp... I'm more worried about durability and efficiency out in the field and I've seen multiple times where a versa max was not spitting shells or locking completely up in cold weather. That is just to go along with my buddy complaining how he should've went with a slicker design with less weight.

Not to mention their customer service is complete ass and when he called about his $100 of free remington product (part of the offer they had) they acted like that never happened and that he wouldn't be getting that offer. The company is pretty much burnt toast.

Last edited by Simplicity; 03-12-2018 at 07:11 PM..
Simplicity would the whole thing.Simplicity would the whole thing.Simplicity would the whole thing.Simplicity would the whole thing.Simplicity would the whole thing.Simplicity would the whole thing.Simplicity would the whole thing.Simplicity would the whole thing.Simplicity would the whole thing.Simplicity would the whole thing.Simplicity would the whole thing.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:38 PM   #1638
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

I've never had an issue with mine. Granted, I just dabble in three gun (don't have the time, or the money, or frankly the desire, to do it regularly), but I got mine because my gun snob friend has one just like it, and he beats the shit out of his and has never had an issue with it, other than one broken bolt handle.

Now, I haven't hunted in years, and neither does my friend, and that's not what ours are for. I can't speak to what lower dollar models do if you're out in the cold and muck with them. But they run those competitions in weather ranging from cold and pouring rain to hot and humid as ****, and those guns get put through the ringer, and that Versa Max is a top choice of many people who take this stuff very seriously. That wouldn't be the case if they didn't hold up.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:45 PM   #1639
Iowa B1G West Champs

Quote:
I've never had an issue with mine. Granted, I just dabble in three gun (don't have the time, or the money, or frankly the desire, to do it regularly), but I got mine because my gun snob friend has one just like it, and he beats the shit out of his and has never had an issue with it, other than one broken bolt handle.

Now, I haven't hunted in years, and neither does my friend, and that's not what ours are for. I can't speak to what lower dollar models do if you're out in the cold and muck with them. But they run those competitions in weather ranging from cold and pouring rain to hot and humid as ****, and those guns get put through the ringer, and that Versa Max is a top choice of many people who take this stuff very seriously. That wouldn't be the case if they didn't hold up.
I'll take your word for it about the comp models. I guess it's just like everything else where people have different experiences with individual guns.
Simplicity would the whole thing.Simplicity would the whole thing.Simplicity would the whole thing.Simplicity would the whole thing.Simplicity would the whole thing.Simplicity would the whole thing.Simplicity would the whole thing.Simplicity would the whole thing.Simplicity would the whole thing.Simplicity would the whole thing.Simplicity would the whole thing.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:09 PM   #1640
Supporter

I hate with an unhealthy passion how they set up targets all in a row the same distance away from the shooter and same the same distance in between the targets laterally the same height

Any person with a week of practice can mow all of them down. Change it the **** up

God it’s such an unhealthy anger I feel
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:12 PM   #1641
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Gratuitous Versa Max photo:

It does kind of dwarf the others.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:20 PM   #1642
Mahomosapien

Quote:
Gratuitous Versa Max photo:

It does kind of dwarf the others.
Holy mag extension.

Side note, do you use that AR in 3gun? Does your open class allow the bipod?
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:44 PM   #1643
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjosh View Post
Holy mag extension.

Side note, do you use that AR in 3gun? Does your open class allow the bipod?
I use this one for 3 gun (no, I don't use it with the pictured giant magazine ). It has a 16" barrel and a red dot. The other one has a scope and an 18" barrel, and is my distance gun, although I guess I could use it. The scope is adjustable. I'd obviously take bipod off. I take all the other crap off the handguard on this one when I shoot a match.

Old 03-12-2018, 10:58 PM   #1644
Mahomosapien

Quote:
I use this one for 3 gun (no, I don't use it with the pictured giant magazine ). It has a 16" barrel and a red dot. The other one has a scope and an 18" barrel, and is my distance gun, although I guess I could use it. The scope is adjustable. I'd obviously take bipod off. I take all the other crap off the handguard on this one when I shoot a match.

nice. I am back to running my AK with iron sights for 3 gun temporarily. I sold my last AR9, and am looking to get one that takes glock mags instead of the stick mags. My AR15s are no longer 3 gun ready. (pistol and a 20" with a 4X) I am still using a pump action shotgun too. . living in the past.
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:39 AM   #1645
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:

Add a bump stock and you're ready for deer hunting season.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:42 AM   #1646
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Add a bump stock and you're ready for deer hunting season.
Yeah, I could turn it into sausage without going through the hassle of getting it processed.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:20 AM   #1647
MVP

This is one that I'm not sure I agree with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMG5av6-lq4
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:27 AM   #1648
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post
Indeed. Remington hasn't been much of a player in the market for some years now. They used to produce high quality pistols, rifles etc. But haven't for at least 30-35 years.
This would be the result.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/massive...tcy-1520946453
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:20 AM   #1649
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
It's a shame - but it doesn't really surprise me. Remington "was" a fine company for many, many years. Hell, they helped "build" America.

Unfortunately, there wasn't enough QC at their plants and along came companies like HK, Sig, etc etc....not to mention American companies (Springfield, Colt, etc) that had suffered through lean times but got their acts together and made a comeback. It really is a shame, but hey - free markets......
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2018, 01:55 PM   #1650
sorta mod-ish

Found my dad's old rifle - an old Mossberg lever action .22 Rimfire. It hasn't been fired in years and years. I think I might take it in to have detailed up and test fired just to see if it's still workable.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.