Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-20-2020, 01:02 PM   #43231
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
How do you explain 3x the death rate as Italy who got hit well before NY?
I'm not sure we know. I'd imagine that population density played a part.

Do you acknowledge that NY has done a really good job of driving down, and keeping down, new cases?
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 01:06 PM   #43232
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
I'm not sure we know. I'd imagine that population density played a part.

Do you acknowledge that NY has done a really good job of driving down, and keeping down, new cases?
No Donger I think the virus is running its course.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-20-2020, 01:08 PM   #43233
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
What does time have to do with reaching HI?

If they were having 100k infections per day, yeah they probably got there fairly quick.
You answered your own question. They peaked right around April 9, after seeing real growth around March 10. They hit 5,000/day halfway.

So, even assuming the actual was 100,000/day for the 30 days, that's 3,000,000 cases. That's 15.8% of the population. I know that you think that's enough to reach HI, and you may end up being right, but I really would be surprised.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-20-2020, 01:09 PM   #43234
In Search of a Life

Too many places have hit certain levels and immediately come down for there to be a coincidence.

I dont' think that necessarily means they're done by any means though.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 01:10 PM   #43235
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
No Donger I think the virus is running its course.
I see. So you think that NY reached HI, and that is why their cases have dropped and stayed very low. Is that correct?
Old 08-20-2020, 01:11 PM   #43236
In Search of a Life

Quote:
You answered your own question. They peaked right around April 9, after seeing real growth around March 10. They hit 5,000/day halfway.

So, even assuming the actual was 100,000/day for the 30 days, that's 3,000,000 cases. That's 15.8% of the population. I know that you think that's enough to reach HI, and you may end up being right, but I really would be surprised.
Their serology testing is higher than that even, so paired with our new knowledge apparent that for every seroconvert, there is potentially 2 who had a mild infection that was beaten back by CD4 and 8 cells, we would be alot further along in our ability to keep infections down.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-20-2020, 01:11 PM   #43237
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Too many places have hit certain levels and immediately come down for there to be a coincidence.

I dont' think that necessarily means they're done by any means though.
Do you completely dismiss mitigation efforts as having an impact on driving down cases?
Old 08-20-2020, 01:12 PM   #43238
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Do you completely dismiss mitigation efforts as having an impact on driving down cases?
They will help. I don't think it's effect is very much.
Old 08-20-2020, 01:16 PM   #43239
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
They will help. I don't think it's effect is very much.
That seems odd, but okay.

I hope you're right about HI. I really am. Does that mean that in places where you think it has been achieved, there will be no "second wave" since it isn't possible?
Old 08-20-2020, 01:22 PM   #43240
Starter

Quote:
It was actually a really good way of saying that after taking it in the ass, New York has demonstrated a successful way to drive down the R0 of this bug.

As a nation, we had a very similar plan. It just wasn't followed.
By taking it in the ass, what you really mean is tons and tons of people died?
Go Royals is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutGo Royals is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutGo Royals is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutGo Royals is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutGo Royals is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutGo Royals is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutGo Royals is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutGo Royals is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutGo Royals is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutGo Royals is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutGo Royals is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 08-20-2020, 01:25 PM   #43241
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Royals View Post
Yes. Their total number of dead and per capita are relatively awful.
Old 08-20-2020, 01:25 PM   #43242
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Royals View Post
Only 3.5X the national average by population, no biggie.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-20-2020, 01:29 PM   #43243
In Search of a Life

Quote:
That seems odd, but okay.

I hope you're right about HI. I really am. Does that mean that in places where you think it has been achieved, there will be no "second wave" since it isn't possible?
It's still possible there would be outbreaks, but theoretically, there would be enough of a break to keep from there being a true wave.

I think if there wasn't some kind of immunity helping, we would already be seeing second waves in places that were hit hard as they relax some of the restrictions.
Old 08-20-2020, 01:30 PM   #43244
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
It's still possible there would be outbreaks, but theoretically, there would be enough of a break to keep from there being a true wave.

I think if there wasn't some kind of immunity helping, we would already be seeing second waves in places that were hit hard as they relax some of the restrictions.
That makes sense, thanks. Without importing new people, that seems to be logical.

Have you reviewed NY's re-opening plan?
Old 08-20-2020, 01:32 PM   #43245
In Search of a Life

Quote:
That makes sense, thanks. Without importing new people, that seems to be logical.

Have you reviewed NY's re-opening plan?
I haven't looked too much at it. I assume they're going along pretty slow.