Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Hall of Classics
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-09-2009, 03:32 PM  
Supporter

What would you do if your neighbor....

Ok, as some of you have heard me complain before, the neighbors who live behind me\across the street installed a 10ft lamppost in their front yard. It is excessively bright. I by that I mean it outshines the streetlights easily. The ligh illuminates the entire backside of my house meaning it shines right through my dining room window and bedroom window. I cannot sit on my deck when it is on as it is like having a light shined righ tin your face.

So, what I have done so far....I tolerated it and paid $500 to put in a tree to help block it. That does a meh job. So I thought oh well until....CHRISTMAS TIME! What is so special about CHRISTMAS TIME and the Lamp? I will tell you....

The people put exterior x-mas lights on their home and guess what...they had to turn off their light so they could be seen. Day after x-mas the light was back on in all of its blinding beauty.

So I finally looked up the code and found an "Unlawul Illumination" code that states basically your light cannot shine across your property line to the point it is a nuisance. So I filed a complaint with the city.

The city in turn said this is an exception to municiple code and they forwarded it to the Police. The Police contacted me and said they are waiting for the blessing from the city prosector to allow a citation. This is where it gets good...

If they do get the blessing, I of course have to sign a complaint and possibly appear in court to have the light dimmed or removed.

I am half willing to accept reimbursement for the $500 for the tree I put in, though that does me no good in the winter. The wife says I should let it go. My best friemd says "**** em' they should of thought about that when they put in the light".

So would you follow it all the way to court? Or am I being a bigger dick than usual?

Updated: Talked to him, asked him to either wait until 10:00 to turn it on or get a dimmer bulb.....light was off last night so he is being cool though I could tell by his town he wasn't happy about the purpose of my visit

Last edited by petegz28; 01-10-2009 at 10:53 PM..
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:10 PM   #196
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Good View Post
That neighbor of yours must be some sort of badass.
rel="Lightbox"?attachmentid=84584&stc=1&d=1231646335" border="0" alt="" class="tcattdimgresizer" onload="NcodeImageResizer.createOn(this);" />

He knows how to shut a bitch up.
Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:10 PM   #197
For The Glory Of The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ View Post
I have a dog that barks sometimes. When he does I bring him in right away. I used to let him out every night about 9:15 and invariably he would bark at something. One weekend my neighbor knocked on my door. He explained to me that he went to bed at 9:00 on weeknights as he left for work at 6AM and hearing the dog bark at 9:15 was bothering him.

The neighbor was very apologetic for having to bring it up. I told him that I much preferred being told of the problem rather than having a neighbor upset with me over a small issue.

That was two years ago. I still don't let the dog out after 8:30. And it's really not a big deal.
How tall was this guy.

This is VERY important information you left out.

And how tall are you.
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:14 PM   #198
Quit your bullshit

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
Actually now, every time I look at that tree, I will remember what a selfish-prick Saul Good is and how I made an effort instead of just complaining cause I wasn't happy. Again, talk all the shit you want, tell us what a bad ass you are. You obviously have to take others down to build yourself off so have it, jack off.

But by all means, keep telling us how much of a man you are and what you think you know about everyone else, Arnold.
I'm not calling myself a badass, but your effeminate whining does make me look like one in comparison.

I find it interesting that you didn't buy trees for your entire neighborhood, though. If you really wanted to be such a swell guy and find a winning solution for everyone involved, you should have bought them trees too. I mean, that tree might have solved your problem, but the rest of your neighborhood was left to suffer under a light that burns with the intensity of an Olathe moon.

You're the guy that tried to have him cited without warning him first. That's a dick move.

You're the guy who's still calling him an asshole after he immediately agreed to your request.

You're the guy who started two threads about it and got all pissy when other posters pointed out the simple fact that you should have had the sack to go talk to the guy.
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:16 PM   #199
Quit your bullshit

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Zach| View Post
How tall was this guy.

And how tall are you.
That guy must be over 5'6. He was taking his life into his own hands.
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:17 PM   #200
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Zach| View Post
How tall was this guy.

And how tall are you.

We're both about 6', but since he came to my door he had the element of surprise. Like a ****ing ninja neighbor.
RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:21 PM   #201
Supporter

Quote:
I'm not calling myself a badass, but your effeminate whining does make me look like one in comparison.

I find it interesting that you didn't buy trees for your entire neighborhood, though. If you really wanted to be such a swell guy and find a winning solution for everyone involved. I mean, that tree might have solved your problem, but the rest of your neighborhood to suffer under a light that burns with the intensity of an Olathe moon.

You're the guy that tried to have him cited without warning him first. That's a dick move.

You're the guy who's still calling him an asshole after he immediately agreed to your request.

You're the guy who started two threads about it and got all pissy when other posters pointed out the simple fact that you should have had the sack to go talk to the guy.

ok Arnold.....sure you aren't. You have had post after post telling me what a pussy I am, using terms as "beta male" and such.

You are insecure and obviously feel you need to prove what a bad ass you are on an message board.

And I said it was a dick move to have him cited via the city. Sorry if Mr. Tough Guy missed that cause you were too worried about letting me know what a pussy I am and what a bad ass you are.

So keep up your sarcastic bullshit. The obvious fact is you are a selfish-prick that feels he needs to tear others down to make himself feel "manly".

Try getting a woman Tough Guy.....you might realize then what it is to be a man. I have actually been in situtations that would of had you in a corner crying I'll bet. But hey..you are the ARnold wanna-be and feel the need in every post to prove your manliness.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:23 PM   #202
Quit your bullshit

Quote:
We're both about 6', but since he came to my door he had the element of surprise. Like a ****ing ninja neighbor.
That really wasn't very neighborly of him. He should have spent $500 to soundproof his house first.

If he really wanted to be a good neighbor, he should have just tried to have the city fine you.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:26 PM   #203
Quit your bullshit

Quote:
Try getting a woman Tough Guy.....you might realize then what it is to be a man. I have actually been in situtations that would of had you in a corner crying, I am sure. But hey..you are the ARnold wanna-be and feel the need in every post to prove your manliness.
I'm married, pillowbiter.

I'm sure you've been in plenty of terrible situations

Locked in lockers
Held upside down with your head in the toilet while it's flushed
Can't get on the adult rides at amusement parks
Old 01-10-2009, 10:27 PM   #204
Supporter

Quote:
That really wasn't very neighborly of him. He should have spent $500 to soundproof his house first.

If he really wanted to be a good neighbor, he should have just tried to have the city fine you.
Why do I get the feeling you were the guy in highschool that bragged about beating up the reeruned kids?
Old 01-10-2009, 10:28 PM   #205
Supporter

Quote:
I'm married, pillowbiter.

I'm sure you've been in plenty of terrible situations

Locked in lockers
Held upside down with your head in the toilet while it's flushed
Can't get on the adult rides at amusement parks
indeed you were the guy who bragged about beating up the reeruned kids at school.

Pretty ****ing sad, guy. Pretty sad.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:30 PM   #206
Quit your bullshit

Quote:
Why do I get the feeling you were the guy in highschool that bragged about beating up the reeruned kids?
Not every human interaction involves violence. What have you endured in your life that you cower in fear of the most mundane situations?

If you haven't noticed, I'm defending the guy who isn't here to defend himself and give his side of the story. I'm the guy who would have protected you in highschool.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:38 PM   #207
Supporter

Quote:
Not every human interaction involves violence. What have you endured in your life that you cower in fear of the most mundane situations?

If you haven't noticed, I'm defending the guy who isn't here to defend himself and give his side of the story. I'm the guy who would have protected you in highschool.
If I even half-thought you were even close to sincere in this post I might humor you. You are defending a situation you know little about and trying to prove how tough you are in the process.

You are the guy who found the smallest, weakest kid and picked on him to make yourself feel tough. Little late for "I was the good guy" role.

What is to defend? He put up a light that breaks the law, I turned the other cheek and forked over $500 to avoid having to have him take it down or whatever and then decided to go to the city in efforts admittedly to sort of be a dick. And I still say a dick move on his part was deserving of such. But when it got to the point that it would involve police and such I didn't do it. You just wanted to sit here and take shots at me so you can show us all what a manly-man you are.

And I have found in my experience, guys that do that are usually the biggest pussy around. And usually the guy who everyone says is the real pussy (not pointing to myself) is the one who is more man than most if not all of us.

It doesn't take a man to talk tough, espeically on a message board. And it is always real easy to tell someone else what to do when you are in no way involved.

Now go pump your iron or Zach or whatever manly thing it is you do.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:38 PM   #208
Supporter

When we first moved in, the neighbor directly behind us had a fountain that sprayed the block wall between our properties. One day a man who worked for the builder was at our house and mentioned that this persistent water would harm the blocks. Since I was at work my wife decided to walk around the corner and knock on their door and tell them about it.

Amazingly, my 5' tall wife, with no defense other than our then 2 y/o daughter, was able to convince the tall black man - a firefighter it turns out, and heckuva nice guy - to move his fountain.

We're crazy like that.
RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:40 PM   #209
Supporter

Quote:
When we first moved in, the neighbor directly behind us had a fountain that sprayed the block wall between our properties. One day a man who worked for the builder was at our house and mentioned that this persistent water would harm the blocks. Since I was at work my wife decided to walk around the corner and knock on their door and tell them about it.

Amazingly, my 5' tall wife, with no defense other than our then 2 y/o daughter, was able to convince the tall black man - a firefighter it turns out, and heckuva nice guy - to move his fountain.

We're crazy like that.
Oh JFC, you guys are taking some comments I made in jest and sarcasm just a little bit far.

Good night.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:46 PM   #210
Supporter

Good night, pete.