Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-30-2024, 11:52 AM  
Veteran

Eureka Springs Trip

Searched for a thread and didn't see one although I'd guess this has been asked before. Wife and I are headed to Eureka Springs for a short weekend trip in a couple weeks. Never been but always heard good things about the town.

For those of you with knowledge/experience, what are the must do's while there? We're staying at the Crescent Hotel, which is apparently haunted and I think we're doing some sort of ghost tour. Other than that, pretty sure our itinerary is open. I've always heard there is good hiking trails in the area but haven't done much research yet. Have one recommendation to eat at Ermilio's for italian food as well so far. What am I missing?
blake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-30-2024, 06:10 PM   #31
Blah Blah Blah

I liked the Crescent and thought the ghost tour was fun.

If you like art, there are a lot of little shops to enjoy.

My wife and I have been a couple times and will probably head back there again as soon as the nest empties.
kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-30-2024, 06:15 PM   #32
Ultrabanned

Wife and I go down there every couple years for a quick getaway weekend. It’s beautiful and I really enjoyed hiking at Leatherwood Lake. The Grotto is a cool restaurant if you want red meat and wine and ambiance. There’s a trolley tour for Victorian homes I will be doing next time we go down.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-30-2024, 06:33 PM   #33
In Search of a Life

Eureka Springs rules. Wife and I get there sans kids just to chill. But we kinda like to just loaf around and do whatever we feel so not sure we’re the folks to rely on for entertainment but you will have a nice relaxing time and that’s money for us.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-30-2024, 06:54 PM   #34
Wasted away again...

If you are into Civil War history, Pea Ridge National Military Park is about 25 miles away. And Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge is about 10 miles away. It's more of a big cat rescue organization, but it's pretty cool. If you are into that sort of thing.

https://www.nps.gov/peri/index.htm

https://www.turpentinecreek.org/
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 08:19 PM   #35
Ultrabanned

Turpentine Creek was cool if you want to see big cats and bears. And it’s a good cause from what I could gather
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2024, 06:46 AM   #36
Wish I had something clever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Turpentine Creek was cool if you want to see big cats and bears. And it’s a good cause from what I could gather
You can even stay the night there in a tree house. It's right next to the cats and you wake up to them roaring. Pretty cool.
seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-01-2024, 07:43 AM
notorious
This message has been deleted by notorious.
Old 05-01-2024, 08:14 AM   #37
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaofred View Post
You can even stay the night there in a tree house. It's right next to the cats and you wake up to them roaring. Pretty cool.
And so does she.... Amirite!?!
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2024, 09:29 AM   #38
Starter

There’s a nice winery north of town.

Bonus because you cross over a couple of old ass 1 lane wooden bridges to get there.
PatMahomesIsGod ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 04:22 PM   #39
Mahomes Fanboi

When I visited there, it seemed like a very religious town... and now to read it's very progressive with an LGBTQ takeover? crazy.

Anyway, stayed at a Bed and Breakfast right on the main strip downtown, it was cool.
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2024, 04:34 PM   #40
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth View Post
When I visited there, it seemed like a very religious town... and now to read it's very progressive with an LGBTQ takeover? crazy.

Anyway, stayed at a Bed and Breakfast right on the main strip downtown, it was cool.
Last visit was when Jesus was a boy??
PatMahomesIsGod ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.
Old 05-01-2024, 07:48 PM   #41
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth View Post

It’s a bit of both. The Greaf Passion Play brings a lot of religious tourism, and certain elements of the town cater to that. But there was a huge Folk Festival in like 1973 where a ton of hippies became “back of the landers” and stuck around the area, fleeing San Fran and the other big cities. Since then, the town has kind of had a duality which is another thing that gives it its unique character.

Here’s a cool article on the folk festival and conflict between the groups:
https://encyclopediaofarkansas.net/e...olk-fair-7958/

Here’s a pretty good article on the back to the land movement in the ozarks in general, a topic convered in depth in a book called HipBillies.
https://encyclopediaofarkansas.net/e...movement-6237/
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2024, 10:12 PM   #42
Rookie

Cool place to hang out for a weekend getaway. Wife and I went there last weekend and tried Sauced BBQ for the first time. Brisket and burnt ends were both great. Would add them to the list of good places to eat.
frank58 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutfrank58 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutfrank58 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutfrank58 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutfrank58 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutfrank58 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutfrank58 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutfrank58 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 06:15 AM   #43
Has a particular set of skills

Went there on my honeymoon. Stayed at the Cresent. Downtown shops were kind of cool. Bought some art that I still have on my wall. Best part was riding the dinner train. Great little trip.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.