Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Hall of Classics

Old 09-29-2014, 11:01 PM  
Be Kind To Your Pets

***OFFICIAL Kansas City Royals Vs. Oakland A's Post Season Wild Card Thread 9/30***

Let me start by saying,
I ****ING hate Oakland.
I despise ALL THINGS OAKLAND.
I especially despise the Oakland Raiders, Oakland Fans, and today I especially despise their weak ass, carpetbagging "Oakland "A's" baseball team.
Why?
Glad you asked.
I'll tell you why:
Because I'm old enough to remember what happened here, and what has been stolen from us as a city.

Let me tell you a story from a long time ago:
Spoiler!

Last edited by gblowfish; 09-30-2014 at 10:14 AM..
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:14 AM   #3691
mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcarus View Post
****in announcer said it was "the right call". I was like "WHAAAAAT??!!"
Ripken should have cock punched the guy that said that.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:31 AM   #3692
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcarus View Post
****in announcer said it was "the right call". I was like "WHAAAAAT??!!"
He kept trying to justify the call by say that his almost his entire body went into foul territory.

Yes it did. AFTER his glove touched the ball in FAIR territory.

I don't know who that guy was, but he was terrible. The Lester cum guzzling after they took the 4 run lead was even worse.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:36 AM   #3693
Mahomes or GTFO

Man. I was at the game last night so I didn't get to take part in this thread.

Just wanna say kudos to everyone that did. I just read back through the highlights and I found myself reliving all of the emotion that we had in the stadium. It was just incredible.

Reading over this, I laughed, I got teary-eyed, I got angry. You guys are the best commentators in sports.

Favorite quote after the win, "My undies are pregnant!"
Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:38 AM   #3694
Everybody Lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
He kept trying to justify the call by say that his almost his entire body went into foul territory.

Yes it did. AFTER his glove touched the ball in FAIR territory.

I don't know who that guy was, but he was terrible. The Lester cum guzzling after they took the 4 run lead was even worse.
Yeah no kidding. It's like, we get it. Lester is good. **** off now.
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:43 AM   #3695
Leto Atreides for Prez 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 View Post
Did you see Finnegan pitch against Moss? Leaving Shields in against Moss was not an option.

Two options there: Duffy or Finnegan.

But, classic Ned. Terrible with his bullpen.
Ned is terrible, but I can't fault him much for the Ventura decision. You have been touting going to Ventura in the pen the entire year so far.

If they would have gone with Finnegan, people would have freaked out saying you can't go with a guy that is so unproven and was playing in college just months ago.

If he would have went with Duffy everybody would be saying you can't depend on a guy that is just coming back from an injury. Who had just pitched recently. Ventura had just pitched recently as well, and he was allowed a low pitch count to give him availability for the AL Wild Card game.

Personally, I would have used Duffy assuming we are confident on his health. Shields was struggling and you get two on and want to get someone in the game that can get some strikeouts and give you the best chance to get out of the inning. Ventura pitches well against LH batters and has given up the least amount of HR's of any starter. People that clamor for using Herrera, well Ventura has a HIGHER K rate than Herrera even though is a reliever. I have no qualms with it whatsoever. If it would have worked you guys wouldn't be saying a ****ing thing.

Last edited by BWillie; 10-01-2014 at 11:55 AM..
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:43 AM   #3696
Most Valuable Villain

From page 38 on is just ****ing awesome.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:03 PM   #3697
Banned

Bwillie...

Moss has never hit lefties well. You use a lefty against Moss 10 times out of 10 in that situation.
Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:11 PM   #3698
Banned

WAY TO GO BRUISER!
Bruiser has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bruiser has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bruiser has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bruiser has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bruiser has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bruiser has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bruiser has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bruiser has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bruiser has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bruiser has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bruiser has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:14 PM   #3699
Herm is the worst...horrible

Memo to Chiefs from your friends across the parking lot at the K:

You may now go and win a post-season game without the mounting pressure of ending the city's playoff win drought. We are happy to help. And you are welcome.

- Sincerely...the Royals
dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:17 PM   #3700
Veteran

Where I was

What a game
Attached Images
File Type: jpg royals ssb.jpg (26.6 KB, 58 views)
FishingRod wants to die in a aids tree fire.FishingRod wants to die in a aids tree fire.FishingRod wants to die in a aids tree fire.FishingRod wants to die in a aids tree fire.FishingRod wants to die in a aids tree fire.FishingRod wants to die in a aids tree fire.FishingRod wants to die in a aids tree fire.FishingRod wants to die in a aids tree fire.FishingRod wants to die in a aids tree fire.FishingRod wants to die in a aids tree fire.FishingRod wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:20 PM   #3701
Don't Be A Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan View Post

You may now go and win a post-season game without the mounting pressure of ending the city's playoff win drought. We are happy to help. And you are welcome.

- Sincerely...the Royals
J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:36 PM   #3702
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan View Post

- Sincerely...the Royals
Does a one game play-in count? I thought they'd have to win a series to get that monkey off the city's back.
Dr. Van Halen is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDr. Van Halen is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDr. Van Halen is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDr. Van Halen is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDr. Van Halen is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDr. Van Halen is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDr. Van Halen is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDr. Van Halen is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDr. Van Halen is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDr. Van Halen is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDr. Van Halen is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 10-01-2014, 12:45 PM   #3703
Herm is the worst...horrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Van Halen View Post
Does a one game play-in count? I thought they'd have to win a series to get that monkey off the city's back.
The wild card in baseball is a one game series. They won the one game series. Therefore, I'm unsure as to the point you're making.
dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:56 PM   #3704
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Ned is terrible, but I can't fault him much for the Ventura decision. You have been touting going to Ventura in the pen the entire year so far.
Yeah, going with a rookie starter that has 1 relief appearance in his career, 2 on no out, in the biggest game for this franchise in 30 years. Sounds like a great idea.

Nerves/experience aside, he is a righty who had to face a lefty...who had already crushed our starter earlier in the game. Ideally you would have a lefty with experience getting out of jams, but just one of those would do and Ventura is neither.
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:56 PM   #3705
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Van Halen View Post
Oh, it counts
Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.