Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Hall of Classics

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2001, 04:06 PM  
falstaff

Chiefs are racist

How can you guys be fans of a clearly racist team? Teams like the 'Redskins' and the 'Chiefs' are clearly depicting American Indians in an inappropriate manner. As if the white man has not done enough damage to the Indian culture and heritage, football teams like the Chiefs must portray Indians and their mascot and portray American Indians in a demoralizing manner.

The US would never stand for team names like the 'Honkies', 'Spooks', 'RagHeads', 'WOPs', or 'Slants'. Why then should we be subjected to the desecration of the American Indian?

By simply supporting this, what I consider to be a criminal organization, you are backing the negative portrayal of the American Indian. Therefore, I consider you not Chiefs fans, but racists. The path to Arrowhead Stadium is truly a Trail of Tears.

Last edited by falstaff; 08-01-2001 at 04:10 PM..

Old 08-01-2001, 05:42 PM   #91
MVP

I don't know who Dave Duke is..........but I do support Luke and Bo Duke, they are studs. And Daisy! WOWSA!

Bishop is right, where is the mockery of the native american heritage in being associated with them?
aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.

Old 08-01-2001, 05:43 PM   #92
oxymoron

It'll probably make me look effeminate, but what the hell - another thing I love to do is bake cookies. Man I love homemade chocolate chip cookies, and I make them better than any others I've tasted so far (sorry mom).

Warrior, sometimes I just leave the nuts out of the chex mix. Depends on the mood at the time. Sometimes it's just corn/rice chex, pretzels and goldfish. Minimalist chex mix.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-01-2001, 05:44 PM   #93
Stram was Cav

Cody,

'Bout time!
So......58Forever is the conneisseur of Cheese Balls. And all this time I thought you were the Subject Matter Expert on Cheese Balls.

I wish to hear more about these Nacho 3Ds; absolutely fascinating stuff.
Warrior5 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Warrior5 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Warrior5 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Warrior5 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Warrior5 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Warrior5 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Warrior5 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Warrior5 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Warrior5 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Warrior5 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Warrior5 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.

Old 08-01-2001, 05:44 PM   #94
THE RED MENACE

This thread is beyond ludicrous. He won't even answer if he is Native American and if so how the title Chiefs could be considered derogatory.

Falonyourstaff,

There is a liberal cesspool for you post your pointless threads here. www.pigskinpark.com Go to the pen. There will be someone you can relate to there called Thomas. As a matter of fact there are 3 or 4 people there you can probably circle jerk with.

BIG DADDY

Just glad the planet is back up.
BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.

Old 08-01-2001, 05:45 PM   #95
falstaff

For the last time:

1) KC Chiefs are clearly assoicated with American Indians
2) A mascot based on a race is wrong. Additionally, if it WERE acceptable a more pollitically correct name is to be expected
3) American Indians ARE offended, see prior post
4) Football is assoicated with violence and battle, which is not wrong, but racial sterotypes of Indians are associated with similar images. The Chiefs simply support and maintain a negative sterotype of American Indians

Need I say more? The Cheifs are an offensive, racial organazation.

Again, I will be glad to chair a committie to change the Chiefs name to something more civilized. Please consider this opportuniy.

Last edited by falstaff; 08-01-2001 at 05:47 PM..

Old 08-01-2001, 05:45 PM   #96
There was an idea.....

Go get 'em, BIG_DADDY!!!

BTW, you own guns, so you're obviously a racist.
Mi_chief_fan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mi_chief_fan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mi_chief_fan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mi_chief_fan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mi_chief_fan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mi_chief_fan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mi_chief_fan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mi_chief_fan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mi_chief_fan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mi_chief_fan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mi_chief_fan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.

Old 08-01-2001, 05:46 PM   #97
Stram was Cav

Keg...

No one think you effeminate on this BB (unless you wear the men's lingerie that she was talking about on TOBB).

Cookies are awesome; unless they have hazelnuts in them.
Warrior5 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Warrior5 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Warrior5 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Warrior5 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Warrior5 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Warrior5 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Warrior5 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Warrior5 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Warrior5 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Warrior5 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Warrior5 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.

Old 08-01-2001, 05:47 PM   #98
Poser

Falstaff,

Here is why you are being considered a troll...

You will not answer direct questions:
What is DEROGATORY about the name "Chiefs"

mere association alone does not make something offensive. We have said that we agree that Redskins is offensive as is the logo for the Braves. Yet you continue to rant.

You do not read post entirely or only remember what you want to hear.
Quote:
Clearly, the Chiefs mascot is a negative association with the American Indian.
for the second time, the Chiefs mascot is a WOLF , how is a wolf derogatory to American Indians????

lastly, you are not a Native American, so you have absolutely no right to *****. Either engage in a discussion, without calling all chiefs fans racists, or get your index cards ready, cause the recipies are coming up
ExtremeChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ExtremeChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ExtremeChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ExtremeChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ExtremeChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ExtremeChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ExtremeChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ExtremeChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ExtremeChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ExtremeChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ExtremeChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.

Old 08-01-2001, 05:48 PM   #99
Veteran

Your right guys, this guy won't even answer our simplest of questions. He doesn't have the answers to his own insecurities. I am kind of dissapointed, I thought we might be able to lure him in to an introspective conversation, but unfortunately, he is too closed minded to answer my 1 question

Why are the Chiefs are racist because they are associated with American Indians?
bishop_74 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibishop_74 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibishop_74 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibishop_74 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibishop_74 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibishop_74 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibishop_74 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibishop_74 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibishop_74 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibishop_74 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibishop_74 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli

Old 08-01-2001, 05:49 PM   #100
GO CHIEFS!!!!!!

No Warrior,

You misunderstood me, I was the one who found out about cheeseballs, 58forever told me about jalepeno cheese dorito 3Ds.

CG

just shoring that up
Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.

Old 08-01-2001, 05:49 PM   #101
Cry havoc...

Here's the rest of your post:

Quote:
If you saw 60,000 people dress up in black face and afro wigs prancing around the football field, would it be considered honoring the black community?? No, it would be considered racist.
There are two points here. First, the vast majority of people in the stadium are not dressed in mock-Indian headgear. If that action is offensive, then it is the action by the person that is offensive, nothing more and nothing less. Second, as I stated, there is a team named Arabians. If that involves some dude in a turban riding around on a horse swinging around a curved sword, who cares. If it involves some dude with bombs strapped on to him running around, then that is cause for concern.

Quote:
Additionally, the Chiefs are assoicted as 'tribe' of violent players coming to Arrowhead Stadium to 'do battle'. Clearly, the Chiefs mascot is a negative association with the American Indian.
Again, this goes back to the mindset behind the first statement. You are trying to associate the name with anything negative about Native Americans that comes in your mind. That is a pathetic mindset to take. EVERY NFL team does what the Chiefs do, so in essence if we associate the action with the nicname, every NFL team is doing something offensive in relation to their particular nicname, be it associated with a person, animal, or thing. Also, the Chiefs "mascot" is a Wolf, not an Indian, so I don't see how that is negative.

Quote:
Moreover, American Indian groups have voiced their frustration, understandably, about the Cheifs:

"A Native American Speaker at a recent assembly expressed his feelings on the unfair treatment of Native Americans in the United States. He also declared that teams named after Native Americans, like Florida State Seminoles, Atlanta Braves, The Kansas City Chiefs, and many more were racist. Tuesday (9/ 21/99) "
These are opinions of a few people. I have spoken to many Native Americans who could care less. If you take the opinions of some people as being fact, then hey, whatever gets you by. I would like to know the exact reasons in specific relation to the Kansas City Chiefs that the speaker above finds the name negative.

So again, if you believe "Chiefs" is rasist just because it is related to Native Americans in a way, then in my opinion that is rasist thinking in itself, because to make that assumption you would have to assume that everything related to Native Americans is negative...
DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.

Old 08-01-2001, 05:50 PM   #102
There was an idea.....

Sparta and Troy were ancient cities in Greece. Therefore, all mascots nicknamed 'Spartans' and 'Trojans' are racist to greek Americans.

The Cavaliers fought against the Roundheads in England; therefore, it's racist to English-Americans when sports teams are nicknamed 'Cavaliers'.

'Patriots' are negative stereotypes of colonial Americans. It's racist. It should be banned.
Mi_chief_fan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mi_chief_fan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mi_chief_fan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mi_chief_fan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mi_chief_fan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mi_chief_fan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mi_chief_fan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mi_chief_fan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mi_chief_fan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mi_chief_fan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mi_chief_fan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.

Old 08-01-2001, 05:50 PM   #103
falstaff

RASICTS!!!

Please read my posts! I have anwsered CLEARLY the reasons that the Chiefs are a racist organazation!

Additionally, I dont NOT have to be a American Indian to be offended or oppose racism.

What would that make Abe Lincoln?

Old 08-01-2001, 05:51 PM   #104
Stram was Cav

Keg...

Seem to be having trouble staying on topic here (especially with Big Daddy's hilarious post).

I don't know what they're called, but do you ever bake any of those cookies that have oatmeal, coconut, chocolate, and nuts (NOT hazelnuts!)? My favorite.

Old 08-01-2001, 05:51 PM   #105
MVP

1) KC Chiefs are clearly assoicated with American Indians
2) A mascot based on a race is wrong. Additionally, if it WERE acceptable a more pollitically correct name is to be expected
3) American Indians ARE offended, see prior post
4) Football is assoicated with violence and battle, which is not wrong, but racial sterotypes of Indians are associated with similar images. The Chiefs simply support and maintain a negative sterotype of American Indians

Arguements:

1) What is wrong with that?!?! Pennican beef jerky is too....go b!tch at them.
2) How is a Wolf mascot based on a race?
3) American Indians! your making yourself a mass group here, I know SOME American Indians are offended......but not ALL!
4) What exactly is the NEGATIVE stereotype we are exuding? I see none.

Dictionary Definition:

Falstaff - Ignorant man looking to blame everyone but himself for his problems.
aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.

Closed Thread