Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Hall of Classics

Old 09-19-2005, 10:18 AM  
Learn it. Know it. Live it.

Class Action Suit

I know this sounds ridiculous, but I'm considering a class action suit against ESPN/ABC/Walt Disney and the Hearst Corporation.

I'm sorry, but this isn't so much about the Chiefs, but rather the blatant ignorance and bias displayed by the entire ESPN staff regarding last night's telecast.

I have already contacted ESPN directly, and my next voice of contact will be Rosa M. Gatti, Senior Vice President, and then a letter to the NFL.

I wasn't home all day yesterday, so I didn't set my DVR to record the game, so if anyone recorded the game I'd appreciate it if you PM me. If you're interested in filing a class-action suit, you may PM me as well.

Again, this isn't about the Chiefs- this is about presenting a fair, balanced, and unbiased program for all viewers. Sterling Sharpe must be wearing Randy Moss's briefs or something, 'cause I was, like most people have already indicated, sickened and disgusted by the blatant bias given to Randy Moss and the rest of the Raiders organization. It's a good gawddamn thing we didn't play a "Randy Moss" drinking game, 'cause we'd all have alcohol poisoning before the first quarter ever ended.

This was a football game between two historic franchises. A game matching arguably one of the best rivalries in sports. A game which featured both current and future Hall of Famers on both sides of the ball. This game displayed two teams that personify what football is all about, and what is should be all about. It is what football fans crave. It was a game loaded with stars that received little to absolutely no mention.

I'm sick and tired of watching a football game every now and then only to hear a biased view from an ex-jock who's only interest is to suck the cock of his "special" player. I'm not interested in making any money, I'm only interested in giving the fans a voice to expose their displeasure, so we might be able to enjoy future games without all the biasness.

BTW- Great game for the Chiefs, however the public wouldn't know that. To the average football fan, the Chiefs were lucky and Randy Moss would have won the game had they just thrown the ball to him every phucking play. Phuck you Sterling Sharpe. You'll be hearing from me- the pissed-off football fan.
CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:19 AM   #2
Scott Pioli

Wow.
The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:20 AM   #3
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Ummm.....OK, you may want to consider switching to decaffeinated.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:20 AM   #4
When a nightmare becomes real

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPal
I know this sounds ridiculous,
Yes.
Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:22 AM   #5
BAMF

Could you be any more of a whiny bitch? Suing a company because they don't give your team enough love? Good grief, get over it.
jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:22 AM   #6
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPal
I wasn't home all day yesterday, so I didn't set my DVR to record the game, so if anyone recorded the game I'd appreciate it if you PM me. If you're interested in filing a class-action suit, you may PM me as well.
So, you didn't watch or hear the game?
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:23 AM   #7
Go Chiefs!

Be happy Chris Berman didn't call our team the .
MichaelH is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMichaelH is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMichaelH is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMichaelH is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMichaelH is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMichaelH is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMichaelH is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMichaelH is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMichaelH is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMichaelH is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMichaelH is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 09-19-2005, 10:24 AM   #8
In BB I trust

And your damages are what, exactly? How were you harmed by this horrible coverage?
Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:24 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger
So, you didn't watch or hear the game?
No, I watched the entire game at my brother's who was hosting a party....
CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:26 AM   #10
Feelin' Alright

It's one thing to write them letters and express the...well..hatred of the broadcast...but to propose a class action suit is kinda overboard.
irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:27 AM   #11

Did Sterling Sharpes voice give you seizures?
Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:27 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspchief
Could you be any more of a whiny bitch? Suing a company because they don't give your team enough love? Good grief, get over it.
Read the post- it isn't about giving any particular team "love" that is precisely what the drama is all about- the fact we couldn't listen to the game for five seconds without hearing Randy Moss or seeing Randy Moss. I could care less if they had favored the Raiders, but the fact that we had to listen to this Randy Moss fest was unbelieveable.

I'm suprised the phucking producer didn't tell Sterling to shut the phuck up, and if they can't do it, well then it's up to the fans to tell him to shut up....
Old 09-19-2005, 10:28 AM   #13

FWIW, I would not be opposed to sending a letter to ESPN for the ridiculous coverage. I'm just lazy, so I don't have the initiative to do such a thing.

However, the notion of a lawsuit is just plain reeruned.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:29 AM   #14
One4Mahomes

I hope this is teh satire or teh drunk
Bootlegged is not part of the Right 53.Bootlegged is not part of the Right 53.Bootlegged is not part of the Right 53.Bootlegged is not part of the Right 53.Bootlegged is not part of the Right 53.Bootlegged is not part of the Right 53.Bootlegged is not part of the Right 53.Bootlegged is not part of the Right 53.Bootlegged is not part of the Right 53.Bootlegged is not part of the Right 53.Bootlegged is not part of the Right 53.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:29 AM   #15
Beyond the Rapids

WTF? I dont even know where to begin tearing this apart. First of all, ESPN is under no obligation to provide you with dick. If they wanted to cancel the game telecast and show figure skating or the lumberjack competition they can. They can put anyone on TV they want to.

Second, for you to sue you have to show injury. What has Sterling Sharpe cost you? How have you been injured? Because you endured commentary you didn't necessarily agree with? What kind of dollar amount are you planning on putting on having to listen to someone say something you don't agree with?

Just what we need... the government wasting its time regulating the balance of power between TV football commentators.

This is the worst idea in the history of everything. In fact, this is the sort of frivolous thing that it hacks me off people would crowd the legal system with. There is real, actual work that courts need to do that is important to people's welfare instead of wasting time on this crap
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.