Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-24-2019, 04:33 PM  
Life is changing..

Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator

TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:12 PM   #2626
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
https://www.chiefs.com/news/five-thi...?sf208094919=1

Nice little article. I really love the idea of him taking a year off to learn the game. House knows what's up in the sec, Daly brings ideas from an innovative defense. Good chance the defense we see is nothing like what spagnuolos used in the past. Wasn't long ago people thought Andy Reid was just pretty good on offense before he stumbled into being the leading offensive mind in the NFL.

You know, before we spend another day on here putting square pegs in round holes and breaking our backs trying to figure out which of Houston or Ford is the RDE maybe we should take a hard look at this article and see that Spags is going to tailor the defense TO the guys instead of the Sutton method of the opposite maybe he might just keep both?
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:14 PM   #2627
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
You know, before we spend another day on here putting square pegs in round holes and breaking our backs trying to figure out which of Houston or Ford is the RDE maybe we should take a hard look at this article and see that Spags is going to tailor the defense TO the guys instead of the Sutton method of the opposite maybe he might just keep both?

that's all fine and good; the point is that you will have almost $40 million tied up in Houston and Ford.

If you think that's cool, then I guess.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:36 PM   #2628
Fish are scared of me

Quote:

Nice little article. I really love the idea of him taking a year off to learn the game. House knows what's up in the sec, Daly brings ideas from an innovative defense. Good chance the defense we see is nothing like what spagnuolos used in the past. Wasn't long ago people thought Andy Reid was just pretty good on offense before he stumbled into being the leading offensive mind in the NFL.
According too that article Mahomes was a little bit of an influence for him to come to KC.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:37 PM   #2629
MVP

Yeah. I mean, of course he was, but still nice to actually hear.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:00 PM   #2630
Unsparing

Quote:

Translation:

"**** YES I'm excited to be here with Reid and Mahomes! When I put together a defense that won't LOSE games just to get us started, we've got this thing LICKED and are headed straight to a Championship"!

Is what I read.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:29 PM   #2631
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

Tbh if Spags were to stick with the 3-4 it would make sense as it would be way easier to sort the defense out quickly rather than having an entire scheme change and worry about whether our current players could fit into the new scheme. Keeping Ford and Houston as edges would then be worth it as they were just part of the best pass rush In the league last season. All we would then need to do add key pieces to the secondary, LB group and a few on the DL.

Bailey, Sorensen, Nelson, Conley, Ware, Morse etc leaving should create more than enough cap space to absorb Houston/Ford for one more year, then we could just let them go next offseason If need be. I just think Spags has to think long and hard about splitting up that pass-rush trio that was so effective last season.
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 07:36 PM   #2632
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger View Post
Tbh if Spags were to stick with the 3-4 it would make sense as it would be way easier to sort the defense out quickly rather than having an entire scheme change and worry about whether our current players could fit into the new scheme. Keeping Ford and Houston as edges would then be worth it as they were just part of the best pass rush In the league last season. All we would then need to do add key pieces to the secondary, LB group and a few on the DL.

Bailey, Sorensen, Nelson, Conley, Ware, Morse etc leaving should create more than enough cap space to absorb Houston/Ford for one more year, then we could just let them go next offseason If need be. I just think Spags has to think long and hard about splitting up that pass-rush trio that was so effective last season.

No sir. That defense as a base is ****ing garbage and it's LONG past time to move on. Listen to Danny. Be the ball.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 07:39 PM   #2633
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate View Post

No sir. That defense as a base is ****ing garbage and it's LONG past time to move on. Listen to Danny. Be the ball.
No-one is saying keep the whole defense, I'm saying keep the scheme and the BEST PART of the defense which was the pass rush. As much as people are yelling for "change", a change in scheme could take time for the players to adjust to and could cost us games In the process.
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:05 PM   #2634
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
No-one is saying keep the whole defense, I'm saying keep the scheme and the BEST PART of the defense which was the pass rush. As much as people are yelling for "change", a change in scheme could take time for the players to adjust to and could cost us games In the process.
Keep the scheme?
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:41 PM   #2635
In Search of a Life

Quote:
So your window is one year? We have a 23 year old mvp at QB. I can't imagine they'll cost us games any more than they did in 2018. Our offense can hold serve until then. There's no reason to rush and build a low ceiling defense, when we can patiently build a high ceiling defense we can ride for many years.

That's why we hired excellent assistants. And my guess is, we buy a lot of stopgap veterans this season to step in. It'll be a hell of a lot better than if we tried to make a bad defense work.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2019, 01:33 AM   #2636
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Keep the scheme?
I think he means stay in a 3-4 base, rather than keep the scheme.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-21-2019, 06:03 AM   #2637
Choco Favre

Quote:
There's not even a gif alive that would even show a tenth of disgust I have for this post
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 06:21 AM   #2638
Going home eventually

Keep the scheme? Why would that happen? Clearly scheme is one of the problems besides the fact we had a terrible defensive staff. Old and tired with no ability to make players better. The run defense never got any better and the pass defense didn't get any better. They cleaned house one year too late in my book.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:35 AM   #2639
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

My point is the issues on defense were more to do with a lack of quality players in key positions such as the secondary and line-backing group, coupled with Bob's lack of aggression, rather than it being about the 3-4 system. Everyone wants the whole thing torn down and I get it, but we've only got one season left until Pat's contract turns the team's cap upside down. So this is why I wouldn't mind keeping things more simple for at least another season and rather than get rid of everything, just keep the system, keep the pass rush and add heavily to the secondary and lb group.

Folks may disagree but Spags said he'll look at the roster and go with what fits the players best. So yall better be prepared for some disappointment If he decides to take the SAFE route and follow my advice .
Old 02-21-2019, 06:39 AM   #2640
Choco Favre

Quote:
My point is the issues on defense were more to do with a lack of quality players in key positions such as the secondary and line-backing group, coupled with Bob's lack of aggression, rather than it being about the 3-4 system. Everyone wants the whole thing torn down and I get it, but we've only got one season left until Pat's contract turns the team's cap upside down. So this is why I wouldn't mind keeping things more simple for at least another season and rather than get rid of everything, just keep the system, keep the pass rush and add heavily to the secondary and lb group.

Folks may disagree but Spags said he'll look at the roster and go with what fits the players best. So yall better be prepared for some disappointment If he decides to take the SAFE route and follow my advice .
I don't want to let Houston and Ford walk but we can't keep both. We need secondary/LB help.

I'd rather have an impact safety and a solid starter at some other position than Houston or Ford.
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.