Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum

Old 02-17-2020, 08:57 AM  
MVP

So what do we get for Jonesy?

Man, the more I look at the cap numbers and our cache of picks as well as the areas in which we need to improve our talent level...the more I just think we kind of HAVE to tag and trade Jones and let Watkins go as well.

I don't think we get a Khalil Mack haul, but I've seen a mid #2 floated as well. I think that's horseshit.

What do you think we get in a tag-and-trade scenario for Jones?

What (if any) compensation do you think we'd receive for Watkins?
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2020, 01:09 PM   #31
Rufus Dawes Jr.

And you're right, you add Jones to that defense and its a top 15 unit. And their entire roster isn't that bad really. If NE tanks they could be a playoff team with a legit QB.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-20-2020, 01:39 PM   #32
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
So do you think we could get picks 18 & 70 for Jones, or could we get 26 and 56?

I'd be down for either.
My guess is a 1st and a 3rd. I’d be ecstatic to get a 1st and a 2nd.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2020, 01:43 PM   #33
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachashi View Post
For Watkins, I just don't see a team giving up draft capital for the right to overpay Sammy for one year. The team trading for him will absorb a $14 million cap hit, which is expensive, but not insane. The question for a Sammy trade is whether or not there's a team out there that would prefer to get him on an expensive one-year deal VS getting him on a cheaper long-term deal. He's an elite WR2 with an injury history that is getting cut unless rescued by a trade. That's going to push his value down.

We're not getting anything substantial in a Sammy Watkins trade.
I don't agree. Watkins contact lends itself to a long term extension with conversion of the 14 million to signing bonus and therefore prorated over the contract.
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-20-2020, 01:53 PM   #34
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
I don't agree. Watkins contact lends itself to a long term extension with conversion of the 14 million to signing bonus and therefore prorated over the contract.
While I tend to agree, I don't think its out of the realm of possibility. Sammy is 26, still in his prime, and you have to realize that AJ Green is going to be asking for 15M a season. I think a WR team like the Packers. They could rent him for a year or get him in and extend him to make the contract more friendly. He's exactly what Rogers needs. but probably a pipe dream.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-20-2020, 03:32 PM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
So do you think we could get picks 18 & 70 for Jones, or could we get 26 and 56?

I'd be down for either.
I tend to think 1-26 and 3-68
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-20-2020, 04:21 PM   #36
In Search of a Life

Man I just hate trading the guy. I think he's the best most important piece on the defense.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2020, 04:29 PM   #37
Andy Reid Supporter

I don’t think we are trading him with the new CBA. Instead of $10 million average, you can count on a $15-17 million increase with more overall games, gambling and more international games.

Sign him now. Have 2020 be his first year low cap hit and have 1 season (2021) be with a moderately high cap hit.

That extra $5-7 million increase starting in Spring 2022 will help us big time.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2020, 01:33 AM   #38
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
I don’t think we are trading him with the new CBA. Instead of $10 million average, you can count on a $15-17 million increase with more overall games, gambling and more international games.

Sign him now. Have 2020 be his first year low cap hit and have 1 season (2021) be with a moderately high cap hit.

That extra $5-7 million increase starting in Spring 2022 will help us big time.
Or, will he want $25m per because of the new CBA?
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-21-2020, 07:28 AM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Man I just hate trading the guy. I think he's the best most important piece on the defense.
Nobody WANTS to.

It just may be necessary.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2020, 08:38 AM   #40
__

I think a Frank Clark deal is completely reasonable for Jones. Interior passrush may very well be the 2nd most important thing an NFL team needs.

A 1st this year and a 2nd next year, I anticipate.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2020, 02:12 PM   #41
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Nobody WANTS to.

It just may be necessary.
I'd rather trim the fat and go cheap and young elsewhere. He's an elite player and a corner stone of the defense.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-24-2020, 01:16 PM   #42
I’m a Mahomo!

Detroit is the best trade partner for Stone Cold.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-24-2020, 03:07 PM   #43
Consuming CP souls

Bullshit
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-25-2020, 01:02 PM   #44
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargem View Post
Tag cost will be big, and you can't work any of that cap magic by using signing bonuses etc, can't see him just playing a year on the tag, that would suck for the Chiefs.
We can afford the tag cost next year after we cut Sammy, which we will. $16.8M. However, I don't see Jones playing on a 1 year contract because it's too risky. If he gets hurt, it will jeopardize his chances at a 5 year deal.

The Dolphins makes a ton of sense.
Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-26-2020, 12:54 PM   #45
I’m a Mahomo!

Guy on Twitter who covers the Colts says the Colts would give up 34th & 44th picks for him.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.