Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum

Old 02-17-2020, 08:57 AM  
MVP

So what do we get for Jonesy?

Man, the more I look at the cap numbers and our cache of picks as well as the areas in which we need to improve our talent level...the more I just think we kind of HAVE to tag and trade Jones and let Watkins go as well.

I don't think we get a Khalil Mack haul, but I've seen a mid #2 floated as well. I think that's horseshit.

What do you think we get in a tag-and-trade scenario for Jones?

What (if any) compensation do you think we'd receive for Watkins?
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2020, 11:17 PM   #16
Admitted Planet Junky

Really damn, everyone is talking about what team we are going to trade Chris Jones to, for the picks that are being thrown around he is going to have to agree to a contract. So he I see going to have to want to play for that team.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-18-2020, 01:40 AM   #17
Veteran

I hope Chiefs can keep Chris Jones.

The number of teams that we could trade him to for a 2020 1st round pick is pretty limited.

Teams that have early picks in draft are going to want to use the pick for QB or franchise player at a lower cap charge.

Several teams really don't have the cap space to trade and pay Chris Jones.

If the Chiefs were willing to take a 2nd round pick in 2020 and a 1st round pick in 2021, the market for Chris Jones would greatly expand.
Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.
Old 02-18-2020, 08:38 AM   #18
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
Really damn, everyone is talking about what team we are going to trade Chris Jones to, for the picks that are being thrown around he is going to have to agree to a contract. So he I see going to have to want to play for that team.

You’re trading him to a team that is willing to pay him big money. How many guys have been tagged and traded for high picks and then not signed that new contract? None that I remember.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2020, 09:58 AM   #19
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
I really want two picks in this draft for Jones. Detroits #35 and #67 would be ideal.

1. You send Jones to the NFC, to a team not named the Seahawks, because I don't want to face him in the Super Bowl either.

2. At #35 you can get his replacement or fill in another major need.

3.AT #67 you can get another nice player whether its a WR or offensive linemen.

Sign me up
We would be excited if the Chiefs made this trade and brought in a guy like Jones to anchor the middle of the D line. I would make him play on the tag another year before giving him away. Jones gives us a better chance at repeating as champs.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 10:39 AM   #20
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
You’re trading him to a team that is willing to pay him big money. How many guys have been tagged and traded for high picks and then not signed that new contract? None that I remember.
Right because the team works out a contract before the trade happens. Not sure why Jones would want to go to the Lions or teams like that. Horrible weather and never win anything.

Last edited by Chief Roundup; 02-19-2020 at 05:33 PM..
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-18-2020, 12:20 PM   #21
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
Right because the team works out a contract before the trade happens. Not sure why Jones would want tree to go to the Lions or teams like that. Horrible weather and never win anything.

I can think of a hundred million reasons why.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-18-2020, 12:21 PM   #22
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
We would be excited if the Chiefs made this trade and brought in a guy like Jones to anchor the middle of the D line. I would make him play on the tag another year before giving him away. Jones gives us a better chance at repeating as champs.
Tag cost will be big, and you can't work any of that cap magic by using signing bonuses etc, can't see him just playing a year on the tag, that would suck for the Chiefs.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-18-2020, 03:14 PM   #23
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachashi View Post
I think a relevant comparison is the tag/trade deal we made with Seattle for Frank Clark. He cost us about 240 points in draft capital, using the Rich Hill chart.

If Jones and Clark get a similar valuation, then I think you can somewhat narrow down likely trading partners.

Based on need, division, draft capital, and salary cap, these teams make sense to me:

Seattle: pick 27 + 2021 third
Detroit: pick 32 + 67
Miami: pick 26 + 2021 third or fourth
Indy: pick 34 + 75

Of course, there are so many possible scenarios it's almost pointless to speculate but I wouldn't be surprised to see any of these. Seattle makes the most sense to me, because they're the closest to contending.
Detroit doesn't have 32. They have 35. And I don't think that I would let Jones go for anything that doesn't include a first this year. Even a high second. I would take their first for him. But I doubt that they would give up that high of a pick.
jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2020, 09:08 PM   #24
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjchieffan View Post
Detroit doesn't have 32. They have 35. And I don't think that I would let Jones go for anything that doesn't include a first this year. Even a high second. I would take their first for him. But I doubt that they would give up that high of a pick.
Value of the first round pick is the 5th year option, completely agree that’s a requirement if trading Jones is the route we take.
Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-19-2020, 12:41 PM   #25
MVP

Anything less than a mid first and a mid third I would say figure out a way to resign him.
mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2020, 10:54 AM   #26
MVP

I kind of went through and looked at the teams I felt might have the cap space or draft requirements and made notes and have highlighted here the teams I think would be in the running. I think Jones commands a 1st and 3rd in total compensation with one pick needing to come this year.

Miami - 89.3 cap space, loads of picks with extra 2 1sts, probable comps 4th and 7th. No notable free agents other than OC Evan Boehm, likely to let Talib walk

Indianapolis - 86.2 cap space. Have all primary draft slots plus extra 2nd round in range, need to re-sign LT Anthony Castonzo, replace/re-sign ER Jabaal Sheard

Buffalo - 82.1 cap space Have all primary draft slots in round range, only notable FA is LG Quinton Spain

Tampa Bay - 79.9 cap space. Have all primary draft slots in round range. Probable 4th round comp. Should replace Ndamukong Suh, Need to re-sign ER Shaq Barrett, QB Jameis Winston, RT Demar Dotson, ER Carl Nassib

Dallas - 77.3 cap space. Have all primary draft slots in range and probable 5th round comp but probably won't be an option, too many re-signs with ER Robert Quinn, WR Amari Cooper, WR Randall Cobb, LB Sean Lee, DE Michael Bennett, CB Byron Jones, DT Maliek Collins, QB Dak Prescott

Houston - 64.3 cap space. No 1st or 3rd round picks hurts possibility but have probable 3rd round comp plus two 7th comps. Need to re-sign DT DJ Reader, CB Bradley Roby

Cleveland - 61.9 cap space. Have all primary draft picks in range plus extra 3rd. Only notable free agent is ILB Joe Schobert depending on what they think of LT Greg Robinson

New York G - 61.9 cap space. No 3rd round pick. Probable comp in 3rd and 2 7ths. Depends on DT Leonard Williams, but trading for Jones would probably put Williams on the market, other notables are ER Markus Golden, RT Mike Remmers, LB David Mayo, OC Jon Halapio (RFA)

Washington - 52.9 cap space. No 2nd round pick, probable 4th round comp. Tight squeeze and depends on how they feel about the QB position in all likelihood but owner willing to take chances, notable free agents are QB Case Keenum, RG Brandon Scherff, LG Ereck Flowers, LT Donald Penn, LB Jon Bostic

Seattle - 51.6 cap space. Extra 2nd round pick but no 3rd. Probable comps in 3rd, 4th, and 6th. Probably have too many holes from free agency, but you never know how they want to attack it and have proven that in the past, notable free agents are DE Jadeveon Clowney, DE Ezekiel Ansah, LB Mychal Kendricks, LG Mike Iupati, RT Germain Ifedi, DE Quinton Jefferson, DT Jarran Reed, OC Joey Hunt (RFA)

Tennessee - 50.4 cap space. Have all primary draft picks in range but not 4th. Too big of playoff implications plus they have to re-sign huge players this year in Conkline, Tannehill, Henry, and Ryan, all notables are CB Logan Ryan, RT Jack Conklin, QB Ryan Tannehill, QB Marcus Mariota, ER Kamalei Correa, CB Tremaine Brock, RB Derrick Henry, TE MyCole Pruitt, WR Tajae Sharpe

New York J - 49.6 cap space. Have all primary picks in range plus extra 3rd. Going to eat up some space with a few of their FAs this year, but could work it depending on choices, notables are LT Kelvin Beachum, WR Robby Anderson, ER Jordan Jenkins, CB Brian Poole, LB Neville Hewitt, LG Alex Lewis, RT Brandon Shell, LB James Burgess

Detroit - 45.9 cap space. Have all primary picks in range plus 2 extra 5ths. Would make alot of sense in NFC and would have the space given their notable free agents are CB Rashaan Melvin, DT A'Shawn Robinson, S Tavon Wilson, OG/C Graham Glasgow

Cincinnati - 44.9 cap space. Have all primary picks in range and can certainly make it work with choices on notable free agents WR AJ Green, CB Darqueze Dennard, TE Tyler Eifert, LB Nick Vigil, DT Andrew Billings, DT Josh Tupou (RFA)

Philadelphia - 44.8 cap space. Have all primary picks in range plus extra 5th. Probable 2 4th round comps. Doable but would have to make choices in FA with notable free agents LT Jason Peters, S Rodney McLeod, WR Nelson Agholar, CB Jalen Mills. Already cut LB Nigel Bradham and Ronald Darby void.

New England - 41.6 cap space. No 2nd or 5th round picks. Probable comps 2 3rds and 2 6ths. No way they can afford it with the free agents they have unless Bill lets everyone walk, notable free agents QB Tom Brady, CB Devin McCourty, LB Kyle Van Noy, WR Phillip Dorsett, LB Jamie Collins, DT Danny Shelton,, LT Marshall Newhouse, LG Joe Thuney, OC Ted Karras, DT Adam Butler (RFA)

Arizona - 39.7 cap space. All primary picks in range but no 5th. Already signed a couple big free agents and have the money, notable free agents are DE Rodney Gunter, OC AQ Shipley, RB Kenyan Dranke, WR Damiere Byrd

Carolina - 32.0 cap space. All primary picks in range. They might be blowing everything up over there so who knows? Notable free agents are DE Gerald McCoy, ER Mario Addison, LG Daryl Williams, ER Bruce Irvin, CB Ross Cockrell, S Tre Boston, DE Vernon Butler, CB James Bradberry, LG Greg Van Roten
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-20-2020, 10:59 AM   #27
Most Valuable Villain

Miami, Indy and Seattle are the probably the top 3 logical spots.

Would Miami want to trade for Jones after the whole Suh bullshit they dealt with?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2020, 12:05 PM   #28
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Miami, Indy and Seattle are the probably the top 3 logical spots.

Would Miami want to trade for Jones after the whole Suh bullshit they dealt with?
Miami would be getting Jones in his prime years, Suh was 28 when he signed that deal with Miami, and he had other issues.

When you have three first round picks, two picks in the 2nd round, and probably two picks in the third, its not always best to use all of them. Especially in the first round when in four years you have a decision on whether to use the 5th year options.

So giving up a first and 3rd for Jones makes a ton of sense for a team like Miami with a defensive coach. They get a guy who they build that defense around and can be a face of that franchise. They still have a ton of draft capital to invest.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-20-2020, 12:42 PM   #29
MVP

The Dolphins absolutely make a boatload of sense and should be candidate #1.

Adding Jones to bookend opposite Christian Wilkins will give them a strong 3-man front that can penetrate. Go after a pass rusher on the outside and that instantly transforms that defense. Go get a QB in the draft and you're well on your way.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-20-2020, 01:02 PM   #30
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
The Dolphins absolutely make a boatload of sense and should be candidate #1.

Adding Jones to bookend opposite Christian Wilkins will give them a strong 3-man front that can penetrate. Go after a pass rusher on the outside and that instantly transforms that defense. Go get a QB in the draft and you're well on your way.
So do you think we could get picks 18 & 70 for Jones, or could we get 26 and 56?

I'd be down for either.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.