Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-18-2024, 07:35 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Buying a new pickup

Im in the market to buy a new pickup. Ive looked at everything I can study and have settled in on what I want. Ive used the build sites to choose options and what not. Now it time to actually talk to a dealer.

Ive never bought online or over the phone and that seems like a way to go so I dont have to deal with smarmy salesmen and sales managers and deal closers bullshit.

Looking for any experiences good, bad, what to do not do? It will have to be ordered as I have not found any in inventory anywhere that is what I want

Its a GMC 1/2 ton loaded up outfit, no financing, will pay cash
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2024, 01:47 PM   #76
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
I wouldn't say that it's slimy. They're looking out for themselves. You should look our for yourself. It's just a back and forth. Be strong willed, educated, and not desperate and you'll be fine.
Naw. It's slimy.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2024, 01:49 PM   #77
Just Lurking

So side question. They are delivering my truck to my house today. Should you tip the drivers?
Renegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-20-2024, 01:54 PM   #78
Someone pass the antifreeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
So side question. They are delivering my truck to my house today. Should you tip the drivers?
Yes, if he did a good job.
MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-22-2024, 08:24 AM   #79
Seeking the Truth daily

Looks like a deal will be made today

Dealer has used my build to do a custom order.

They have sent me the confirmation details and i need to say yes and send $2000

The price does not include any promotions or rebates from GM, those will apply at time of delivery since they change and the dates change

MSRP is a bit north of $75xxx Price quoted is roughly 69

****ing stupid what things cost but it is what it is

Local deal was a cluster. First the salesperson I have used did not answer email. So I dug out her text info and texted her. She said she couldnt access her email that is on the dealers webpage, could i send to a different. Then she didnt respond for a day and when she did she said yesterday was day off and she didnt check messages or email ......nitwit anyway
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2024, 08:52 AM   #80
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan View Post
Looks like a deal will be made today

Dealer has used my build to do a custom order.

They have sent me the confirmation details and i need to say yes and send $2000

The price does not include any promotions or rebates from GM, those will apply at time of delivery since they change and the dates change

MSRP is a bit north of $75xxx Price quoted is roughly 69

****ing stupid what things cost but it is what it is

Local deal was a cluster. First the salesperson I have used did not answer email. So I dug out her text info and texted her. She said she couldnt access her email that is on the dealers webpage, could i send to a different. Then she didnt respond for a day and when she did she said yesterday was day off and she didnt check messages or email ......nitwit anyway

it doesnt sound like she wanted your business very badly
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 08:54 AM   #81
Supporter

So you told the local dealer to **** off and went somewhere else? Seriously, she has one ****ing job to do FFS.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 09:05 AM   #82
Starter

Why wouldn't you finance? 0.9% is free money practically. Put that 69k in a HYSA at 5%. No risk. Total interest on 65k over 60 months is only 1500. You make 265 in interest that first month the 65k is in the HYSA.
Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.
Old 02-22-2024, 09:18 AM   #83
Seeking the Truth daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazno View Post
Why wouldn't you finance? 0.9% is free money practically. Put that 69k in a HYSA at 5%. No risk. Total interest on 65k over 60 months is only 1500. You make 265 in interest that first month the 65k is in the HYSA.

Its an option for sure. Depending on my other options
Old 02-22-2024, 09:44 AM   #84
Supporter

On some of the low interest deals read the fine print.

Most of them will give you the low interest or factory discounts. Usually not both.

If you can get both low interest financing is a no-brainer.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 07:33 PM   #85
Seeking the Truth daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
On some of the low interest deals read the fine print.

Most of them will give you the low interest or factory discounts. Usually not both.

If you can get both low interest financing is a no-brainer.
and worse some require a trade in
Old 02-22-2024, 07:48 PM   #86
Supporter

Quote:
and worse some require a trade in
Wow.

WTH is going on anymore?
Old 05-03-2024, 08:21 AM   #87
Seeking the Truth daily

Well, its done and delivered and in garage.

Happy with it. 1/2 ton Denali Crew cab

But here is a kick in the nuts.

Has amazing technology dashboard. clear as a bell, great graphics.

MSRP north of $70G

No Owners manual. None. Guidebook that covers sickum but legal shit.

Owners manual is a PDF online.

Ever read a book on your phone?

Did anyone there consider making it an app on the trucks dash?

So, I get in touch with GMC...yes you can get a traditional owners manual.

Its $50 plus postage and handling
Old 05-03-2024, 08:53 AM   #88
Fight, build, win!

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite. I have all my owner's manuals on it. But you are correct it ought to come with a manual or on the onboard dash computer.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2024, 08:56 AM   #89
Supporter

Quote:

MSRP north of $70G

Why don't you just pull it up on a computer and print it yourself?
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2024, 08:59 AM   #90
Supporter

Quote:

MSRP north of $70G

Spend 70k, don't get a manual. JFC

I'm still in a 22', my friend just traded to a 24'. He said the stereo sucks ass compared to his old 22'. They didn't put a subwoofer in the premium Bose system.

85k truck and that's the cuts they are making. I don't know if it's greed or their cost overhead is insane, but a $13 dollar subwoofer with a $30 amp isn't that hard to squeeze in (Bose cost).