Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-23-2019, 04:38 PM  
I'll be back.

NFL trade watch

oh myyyy

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-03-2019, 07:19 PM   #751
Snacks Are Under My Apron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerok View Post
I'd give a 3rd for Melvin. But then I'd have to pay him... but a 1st and a 5th? GTFO
I wouldn’t give them shit. **** them
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2019, 08:05 AM   #752
MVP

Hand me down
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:15 AM   #753
Veteran

Well it looks dead on that trade for a CB front.

I would definitly have expected at least a Charvarius Ward type of trade.

They're going into Sunday's game with a trio of Fuller-Breeland-Ward and terrible CBs behind at this stage of their career in Smith and Fenton.

Using safeties to play cornerback if needed doesn't reassure me.

Anyways, we'll see I guess.
Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:18 AM   #754
In Search of a Life

I think they'll just try to get thru until Claiborne comes back, then just roll with Fuller-Breeland-Ward-Claiborne and those other couple dudes.

It looks to me like a pretty big risk that could backfire.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:20 AM   #755
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDock View Post

Hand me down
Sounds familiar.

Quote:
Ryan Succop VS Cairo Santos

by Leigh Oleszczak 5 years ago

The Kansas City Chiefs are underway with their offseason practices and there are a lot of questions in the air about different positions on the team. One topic that isn’t discussed as much is the kicker position.

Right now Ryan Succop is the main kicker on the roster and has spent five years in Kansas City. I recently covered Succop in a player profile, which you can check out here. Succop was the last pick in the 2009 draft and fans have had mixed thoughts on him since his arrival to Kansas City that year.

The Chiefs brought in undrafted free agent Cairo Santos out of Tulane after the 2014 draft. Santos had an impressive career while a member of Tulane’s football squad including the 2012 season where he didn’t miss a single field goal attempt. Santos only missed one point after attempt that year.

Now you probably see where I’m going with this. The Chiefs didn’t bring Santos in for nothing. It’s time for Succop to compete for his spot on the team and show that he’s got what it takes to be the Chiefs’ kicker next season and possibly longer. The team gave him a 5-year contract at the end of 2011 worth $14 million and it’s time for him to show that he’s worthy of that contract.

Last year Succop only missed on six attempts, but I was still never confident in him. Anytime the Chiefs were going for a field goal whether it was 20 or 50 yards away, I didn’t believe in Succop.

Santos, on the other hand, might be good for Kansas City. He had quite the leg during his college football days, which is something that Succop lacks. Santos was able to knock through a 57 yarder (a Tulane school record).

Succop has never been known for his long leg. His longest field goal in 2013 was a 51 yarder and he was 1 for 4 on attempts 50+ yards. Succop has gone 9 for 17 in field goal attempts over 50 yards during his NFL career.

Personally I’d like to see a new kicker in Kansas City. Succop isn’t awful, but like I said above, he’s not the most reliable guy. Kickers miss, but fans should be able to have faith in their kicker especially one that has been on the team as long as Succop has been with the Chiefs.

It’s also worth noting that Succop hasn’t had a lot of competition since he joined the team. His rookie year he beat Connor Barth for the roster spot and since then hasn’t really had to prove himself against anyone. This is the perfect opportunity for Succop to show that he is the franchise kicker for the Kansas City Chiefs.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:29 AM   #756
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I think they'll just try to get thru until Claiborne comes back, then just roll with Fuller-Breeland-Ward-Claiborne and those other couple dudes.

It looks to me like a pretty big risk that could backfire.
Yeah, I have just read that article where Veach is talking a lot about the CB position: https://salinapost.com/2019/09/01/ch...ter-decisions/

It is clear that obtaining a CB is hard and would require to overpay. When a team tells you they're good, that's when you know you would have to really overpay to get that player.

At this point, they will just roll with what they have and continue monitoring CBs around the league.

I already know though that I wilil be frustrated with the CB play early on.
Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:31 AM   #757
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckweath View Post
Yeah, I have just read that article where Veach is talking a lot about the CB position: https://salinapost.com/2019/09/01/ch...ter-decisions/

It is clear that obtaining a CB is hard and would require to overpay. When a team tells you they're good, that's when you know you would have to really overpay to get that player.

At this point, they will just roll with what they have and continue monitoring CBs around the league.

I already know though that I wilil be frustrated with the CB play early on.
Yeah, realistically, the time to do something with the Cb spot was in the spring. I dunno if they thought they'd be better there or what happened, but they seem to have kinda had to scramble a bit, again.

It's frustrating.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:37 AM   #758
In Search of a Life

I wonder if they're just hoping to get by early until teams that suck realize they suck and want to trade someone.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:48 AM   #759
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, realistically, the time to do something with the Cb spot was in the spring. I dunno if they thought they'd be better there or what happened, but they seem to have kinda had to scramble a bit, again.

It's frustrating.
Ward so far isn't bad but he hasn't showed the progress we were expecting during training camp and preseason.

And then I'm pretty sure Veach thought he could manage a trade if need be but now he is realizing teams need CBs and they're not trading away a CB just like that right before the season is about to start.

This is the one position that could derail a SB run.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:57 AM   #760
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
I wonder if they're just hoping to get by early until teams that suck realize they suck and want to trade someone.
I think Veach has a price he’s willing to pay and isn’t willing to go over it. He’s said for months that they have been trying to get a corner but that the deal has to be right.

We may be pleasantly surprised at how Breeland (one of the better corners in the second half of last year) performs. Playing for a new deal.

Year 4 was when Fullers brother broke out and was an all pro. Maybe this is Fullers year, too.

Ward played well last year.

Claiborne is average and possibly gets rejuvenated pairing up with Badger again.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2019, 12:26 PM   #761
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
I think Veach has a price he’s willing to pay and isn’t willing to go over it. He’s said for months that they have been trying to get a corner but that the deal has to be right.

We may be pleasantly surprised at how Breeland (one of the better corners in the second half of last year) performs. Playing for a new deal.

Year 4 was when Fullers brother broke out and was an all pro. Maybe this is Fullers year, too.

Ward played well last year.

Claiborne is average and possibly gets rejuvenated pairing up with Badger again.
If that's the case, that's great that he set his price and won't go over it.

But, in an all in year, wouldn't you be a little more apt to pay a bit more?

It's just been very weird in how they've played the corner back game here.
Old 09-04-2019, 12:29 PM   #762
In Search of a Life

Quote:
But, in an all in year, wouldn't you be a little more apt to pay a bit more?
Who said he isn't?
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 09-04-2019, 12:30 PM   #763
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
Who said he isn't?
His actions of not trading for anyone?

Unless it's just that other teams are asking a ridiculous amount that is. Which is possible.
Old 09-04-2019, 12:32 PM   #764
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
This is probably what he’s waiting on.

If the Cardinals start out 0-5....you’ll start hearing the PP rumors again.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2019, 12:33 PM   #765
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
This is probably what he’s waiting on.

If the Cardinals start out 0-5....you’ll start hearing the PP rumors again.
Yeah, I think that's probably where we end up to be honest.