Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	6397
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	5992
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6385
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6316
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-22-2018, 05:06 PM   #916
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
This is damn good. Sous vide for a few hours at 130, chilled, got my grill as hot as I could and seared about 3 minutes per side.

Would.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:23 AM   #917
Rookie

I looooove these
Tina996 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 05-24-2018, 06:28 AM   #918

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
This is damn good. Sous vide for a few hours at 130, chilled, got my grill as hot as I could and seared about 3 minutes per side.

Wow you nailed that.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-24-2018, 06:38 AM   #919
Mahomes or GTFO

We just bought our third Gateway Drum Smoker for our comp team and I’m never looking back. I’ve used stick burners and pellet grills for years but these things are insane. The ability to cook ribs, brisket, pork and chicken in about half the time and have it turn out as if it’s been cooked low and slow - even better - is absolutely incredible.

There’s a reason those things are one of the hottest items on the circuit right now. We love them.
Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:24 AM   #920
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Wow you nailed that.

Thanks. Nailing it in the sous vide isn’t hard, but damn that tasted good. I’ll keep that marinade around!

https://youtu.be/s7w6GggnRgw

Recipe is in the description. I left out the vodka.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:30 AM   #921
Cheat Death

Looking for something different to do for this weekend. Thinking about doing a barbacoa on the smoker with some beef cheeks. Going to swing by the store today and see what they have.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:31 AM   #922
Chiefn' It

Thinking about doing this again.

Nixhex would the whole thing.Nixhex would the whole thing.Nixhex would the whole thing.Nixhex would the whole thing.Nixhex would the whole thing.Nixhex would the whole thing.Nixhex would the whole thing.Nixhex would the whole thing.Nixhex would the whole thing.Nixhex would the whole thing.Nixhex would the whole thing.
Old 05-24-2018, 12:22 PM   #923
Future NBA Finals MVP

I just bought some Wagyu from Snake River Farms. I don't ever cook or eat steak at home, because I'm a lazy POS most of the time. I was wondering if you guys have had success cooking it on the stove with a cast iron pan.

I've always had difficulty grilling steak at home and it always ends up rubbery (I like my steak medium-rare). I believe that is because I don't have the grill hot enough, I'm not sure. The grills at restaurants can heat up quicker & are more powerful than home propane grills.

I thought about getting a wood pellet grill because you can be an idiot and use that, but I would think it would be even worse for steak and wouldn't sear the outside correctly. Anytime you cook steak longer, at less heat isn't good or so I've always been told.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-24-2018, 12:31 PM   #924
Still Lurking

Quick Question, I am currently using an electric smoker and I am getting good meat out but I have no smoke ring. I like the ease of use of the electric but am thinking of stepping up and going pellet. Do the Traegers and other Pellet units actually give a decent smoke ring??
Barret 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBarret 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBarret 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBarret 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBarret 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBarret 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBarret 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBarret 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBarret 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBarret 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBarret 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-24-2018, 12:51 PM   #925

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barret View Post
Quick Question, I am currently using an electric smoker and I am getting good meat out but I have no smoke ring. I like the ease of use of the electric but am thinking of stepping up and going pellet. Do the Traegers and other Pellet units actually give a decent smoke ring??
ive used electric smokers for 15 years on every kind of meat that exists. Never had an issue. What’s your technique?
Old 05-24-2018, 02:48 PM   #926
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
ive used electric smokers for 15 years on every kind of meat that exists. Never had an issue. What’s your technique?
Maybe to hot get a thermometer thats accurate not the one that in the door. Check your temp low and slow is the key to smoke rings. Also dont worry about it unless your in competition. Many cook higher heat 270 to 300 so they dont have to stay up all night tending the pit. It will still taste good but may be little if any smoke ring.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-24-2018, 02:50 PM   #927
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Maybe to hot get a thermometer thats accurate not the one that in the door. Check your temp low and slow is the key to smoke rings. Also dont worry about it unless your in competition. Many cook higher heat 270 to 300 so they dont have to stay up all night tending the pit. It will still taste good but may be little if any smoke ring.
Yeah. If you're not in competition, taste is all that matters. **** a smoke ring.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-24-2018, 04:20 PM   #928

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
l rarely with any meat get higher than 220. Low and slow always.
Old 05-24-2018, 04:41 PM   #929
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
l rarely with any meat get higher than 220. Low and slow always.
Yep nothing wrong at all with that at all.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-24-2018, 04:45 PM   #930
Fight, build, win!

I stopped at Costco on my way home and fell in love with this smoker I looked over. My wife would divorce me if I brought another grill or smoker home but I was tempted. Only thing is I know no one who has this brand or model. It seemed heavy and well made for a Grand.

https://www.costco.com/Champion-Comp...100382905.html

Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote