Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2020, 06:20 PM   #2641
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljmhawk View Post
well yeah but i can’t find anywhere online that says about how many rounds you get per pound.
Do you have a food scale? Do you presently have rounds? Zero up and start staking on the scale you will have your answer +-.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2020, 06:32 PM   #2642
Supporter

38. Something rounds per pound for 115 gr 9mm
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2020, 06:56 PM   #2643
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac459 View Post
38. Something rounds per pound for 115 gr 9mm
thanks
ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 04-18-2020, 06:56 PM   #2644
Cynical Misanthrope

I’m getting into reloading with my son. It will save money on a .416 Rigby I have and make fun loads for my 6.5 Creedmoor.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2020, 07:02 PM   #2645
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenchief View Post
I’m getting into reloading with my son. It will save money on a .416 Rigby I have and make fun loads for my 6.5 Creedmoor.
You hunting elephant with that .416 Rigby? I remember reading Death in the Long grass it was a favorite round of the game culler in that book.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2020, 07:47 PM   #2646
**** the Raiders

Anyone have any experience with Powder River Precision trigger kits? I’m considering one for my XDM 10.

https://shop.powderriverprecision.ne...45-PRP-065.htm
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2020, 07:51 PM   #2647
Cynical Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
You hunting elephant with that .416 Rigby? I remember reading Death in the Long grass it was a favorite round of the game culler in that book.
Got the rifle in a trade. Always wanted a traditional African cartridge after reading Capstick. Keep thinking I’ll hunt bear with it but my time is limited and I’d rather fish than hunt so that’s what I do. I’d of ammo is about $150 and it lacks a whollop (400 grain bullet at 2400 FPS). But I think I’m going to reload some shells and find a place to get a bear. And maybe go to Africa and hunt Cape Buffalo.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2020, 07:58 PM   #2648
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Got the rifle in a trade. Always wanted a traditional African cartridge after reading Capstick. Keep thinking I’ll hunt bear with it but my time is limited and I’d rather fish than hunt so that’s what I do. I’d of ammo is about $150 and it lacks a whollop (400 grain bullet at 2400 FPS). But I think I’m going to reload some shells and find a place to get a bear. And maybe go to Africa and hunt Cape Buffalo.
Is it the classic Brit double-barrel rifle or bolt action? For the longest time professional hunters wouldn't put their life on the line with a bolt action. Those old dbl rifles were pretty cool.
Old 04-18-2020, 08:00 PM   #2649
Cynical Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Is it the classic Brit double-barrel rifle or bolt action? For the longest time professional hunters wouldn't put their life on the line with a bolt action. Those old dbl rifles were pretty cool.
River M77 in bolt. I don’t have $$ for double rifle although I’d love one.
Old 04-18-2020, 08:03 PM   #2650
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
River M77 in bolt. I don’t have $$ for double rifle although I’d love one.
me too.
Old 04-19-2020, 07:10 PM
LiveSteam
This message has been deleted by LiveSteam.
Old 04-19-2020, 07:57 PM   #2651
MVP

I was feeling just a tad "down" today so I dialed this in:

Never fails to get me laughing..........
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 08:02 PM   #2652
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljmhawk View Post
do you guys ever buy ammo by the lb? gun garage in Topeka is selling 9mm 115gr for $9.21/lb
I had to look this up, so i haven't verified on my scale, but apparently a single 9mm round (115 gr.) weighs 0.262 ounces. Do the math from there.

So I went ahead and weighed a few 9mms. Turns out the above is just wrong. About 37-38 rounds 9mm (115 grain) per pound.

Last edited by Megatron96; 04-19-2020 at 09:08 PM..
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:31 PM   #2653
Admitted Planet Junky

You all need to check out H.R. 5717. It is bad news.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:35 PM   #2654
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
Pretty sure they've tried this one already.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:36 PM   #2655
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
Even if it gets passed in the House it will be DOA in the Senate.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.