Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-30-2019, 12:18 PM   #2
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
I watched this yesterday and I'm still not sure what to make of it. Still processing everything and I may watch it a second time just to capture anything I might have missed first go around. He did however get in the "hot feet" scene with Margaret Qualley sticking her dirty feet all over the windshield.

Did I love it? Absolutely not

Did I hate it? Absolutely not

It was very strange in so many ways and unlike all the of the Tarantino movies I've seen.

I need to take a pass on rating it for the moment.
I think that's a wise take.

I was scrupulous in avoiding being spoiled until I watched it.

There were many things I kind of expected, that I really really liked. There were many things that were unexpected that I didn't like as much, but as time passes I think I didn't like them as much because I didn't expect them, . . . and perhaps expected something else, perhaps more than them not being good ideas or excellent scenes.

I certainly have thought about it a lot, and that is promising. There is a lot to chew on, . . . far more than you register in the moment.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-30-2019, 12:27 PM   #3
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
There were many things I kind of expected, that I really really liked. There were many things that were unexpected that I didn't like as much, but as time passes I think I didn't like them as much because I didn't expect them, . . . and perhaps expected something else, perhaps more than them not being good ideas or excellent scenes.
Expanding on this, without overly spoiling until I'm sure we're in a spoiler space for this film . . . The most controversial unexpected development [we know the one], I wasn't on board with the execution of it as I watched, . . . but after a bit and thinking on the statement it was making, I'm nearly gobsmacked in the elegiac nature of the attempt. The portent of that, and what came after [both in the film and the imagination] nearly chokes me up reflecting on it. And once I got past the moment of experiencing it, I'm starting to come around on the execution as well.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:00 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
I watched this yesterday and I'm still not sure what to make of it. Still processing everything and I may watch it a second time just to capture anything I might have missed first go around. He did however get in the "hot feet" scene with Margaret Qualley sticking her dirty feet all over the windshield.

Did I love it? Absolutely not

Did I hate it? Absolutely not

It was very strange in so many ways and unlike all the of the Tarantino movies I've seen.

I need to take a pass on rating it for the moment.

Margot Robbie in the theater as well.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-30-2019, 08:56 PM   #5
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
He’s had a thing for feet in several of his movies.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-01-2019, 03:22 AM   #6
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
How did I miss that?

See I do need to rewatch.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:43 PM   #7
It's just a ride.

I disliked it right up until the car scene where the Tate murder stuff began. Everything before that was just weird... and some of it just flat out made me uncomfortable.
Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 11-30-2019, 09:00 PM   #8
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
I disliked it right up until the car scene where the Tate murder stuff began. Everything before that was just weird... and some of it just flat out made me uncomfortable.
seemed like a pretty standard Tarantino movie to me. His movies are weird. What exactly was “weirder” to you about this one?
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2019, 06:35 PM   #9
pie is never free

Finally got around to this today, wow... just loved everything about it, it leapt to my #1 Tarantino movie of all time in a single bound

It all resonates so perfectly for me, he ties together so many different strands and themes... the Manson murders as a vehicle to tell a modern fictional western, the always spot on dialogue, the music, the nostalgia

It was a genuine trip, blew off several phone calls because I didn’t wanna pause it... gonna watch it again tomorrow
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2019, 10:21 AM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Finally got around to this today, wow... just loved everything about it, it leapt to my #1 Tarantino movie of all time in a single bound

It all resonates so perfectly for me, he ties together so many different strands and themes... the Manson murders as a vehicle to tell a modern fictional western, the always spot on dialogue, the music, the nostalgia

It was a genuine trip, blew off several phone calls because I didn’t wanna pause it... gonna watch it again tomorrow
That f**king ending. I think that it's one of his best works
banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.
Old 12-21-2019, 10:40 AM   #11
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by banecat View Post
That f**king ending. I think that it's one of his best works
It’s a damn shame that ending didn’t happen in real life

But yeah it’s such an impressive piece of work from a master at the top of his game
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2019, 11:23 AM   #12
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Same with Basterds. Nobody does “endings that we all wish were real” better than QT.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2019, 06:16 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Not? View Post
Same with Basterds. Nobody does “endings that we all wish were real” better than QT.
This
banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.
Old 12-21-2019, 06:15 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:

But yeah it’s such an impressive piece of work from a master at the top of his game
Or Roman could've been home, and have been the only victim. I could've lived with that piece of shit dying
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 03:33 PM   #15
Future NBA Finals MVP

I want a gif of Leonardi Dicaprio yelling at hippies in a robe with a frozen margarita in a blender.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.