Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-21-2024, 02:00 PM  
MVP

Free Agents

Ok, ok, I know this is the draft section but I prefer to think of this as the Chief's offseason plans forum. ESPN posted their best fit destinations for the top 75 Free Agents and I thought it would make for interesting conversation here.

ESPN's suggested "best fits" for the Chiefs in Free Agency:

1. Chris Jones, DT
Best team fit: Kansas City Chiefs

A staple of the Chiefs' defensive front, I could see Jones returning to Kansas City on a multiyear deal despite Kansas City's tight cap space. Jones is a game-wrecking talent, with the pass rush versatility to rush inside or outside in defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo's system. He had 10.5 sacks this season and made an impact in critical moments in the Super Bowl.

11. L'Jarius Sneed, CB
Best team fit: Philadelphia Eagles (Not Chiefs, but relative)

With his scheme-versatile coverage skills, Sneed will generate a ton of interest on the free agent market. Look for Atlanta and Las Vegas to make a play here, too. But I have Sneed landing in Philadelphia to upgrade the position opposite Darius Slay, with Vic Fangio now calling the defense for the Birds. Philly allowed 16 passing touchdowns in the second half of last season, tied for the fourth most in the NFL. The Eagles have to clean up the secondary, and Sneed can make an impact. He has at least two interceptions in each of his four career seasons with the Chiefs.

20. Tyron Smith, OT

The availability concerns for Smith are real; he has missed 33 games over the past four seasons with the Cowboys. But when healthy, Smith is a detailed technician with the physical demeanor to win on the edge. And he would absolutely upgrade the left tackle position for the Chiefs, limiting pass-rushers and keeping the throwing platform clean for quarterback Patrick Mahomes.

49. Austin Ekeler, RB

With Clyde Edwards-Helaire and Jerick McKinnon heading to free agency, the Chiefs could sign Ekeler on a short-term deal to work in rotation with Isiah Pacheco. He would give coach Andy Reid a pass-game threat out of 21 personnel with the ability to flex from the backfield. Ekeler caught 51 passes last season with the Chargers and has 440 receptions in his career. Re-signing with the Chargers or joining the Raiders would also be good fits.

Let's use this to kickstart a thread about our preferred Free Agents, who you got?
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-21-2024, 09:37 PM   #16
MVP

The more I think about it Ekeler would such an perfect pick up!

He's disgruntled with the Chargers, is 29 which is old for a RB so he might want to chase a SB, he needs a prove it deal to get one last good contract in the league and where better to have success than KC? He probably the best pass catching WR in the league, a perineal fantasy darling, and a huge improvement over McKinnon who's been fantastic for us.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-21-2024, 09:38 PM   #17
MVP

What about Mike Williams if he's cut? Does he have any juice left to squeeze?
Old 02-21-2024, 09:47 PM   #18
Mahomosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post

Would be great for the 6 games a year that he isnt injured

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 10:05 PM   #19
MVP

I'd let Allen Robinson come to camp and try out for WR 5-7, maybe.
Old 02-22-2024, 12:45 AM   #20
Veteran

Quote:
But if we had Morris and Niang as backups, and maybe a rookie development tackle for depth as well, would you still be worried about Tyron Smith's health at just $10m cap hit? That's not much, we got by with a D. Smith and Morris this year, and you said yourself T. Smith would be a massive upgrade. That's only $7m more than we spent on D. Smith, and $10m is pretty low for a LT.

Just thinking out loud, I have no dog in this fight.
I guess I find it hard to see them carrying T Smith, Morris AND another developmental guy on the roster. I suppose it's possible if they cut Niang and don't re-sign D Smith. At least the numbers add up.

I'd probably risk it, yeah. Partly because if D Smith comes back that really only solves the problem for a year anyway, same as T Smith. At some point we need to find that longer term option but maybe it comes a year after this and after we fix WR.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-22-2024, 01:29 AM   #21
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

I read today Lockett will likely be a cap casualty. I wouldn’t mind having his solid hands.

Depending on the rookie, this could be an affordable upgrade at the position group:

Rice
Lockett
Rookie
Watson
Hardman
Rookie

He will be 32 in September, so Veach probably wants nothing to do with him.
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2024, 02:08 AM   #22
MVP

Let's play Madden pretend land for a minute... entertain me...

So the Vikings need to retain Kirk Cousins and re-sign some defensive pieces if they want to contend for the next few years. After Jordan Addison popped off for nearly 1k as a rookie, let's just say they are willing to entertain the idea of trading Justin Jefferson. Since they would be trading us and our picks are lower than Miami's were when we trade Hill, and he's probably more valuable than Tyreek Hill, let's say the trade needs to be this:

2024 1st Rd Pick
2025 1st Rd Pick
2024 3rd Rd Pick
2025 4th Rd Pick

It's alot but it's for a guy that just might be the best WR in the game.

Keep in mind you aren't likely to be retaining Sneed either. Would you do it to go all-in on a Super Bowl?
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-22-2024, 02:40 AM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post

So the Vikings need to retain Kirk Cousins and re-sign some defensive pieces if they want to contend for the next few years. After Jordan Addison popped off for nearly 1k as a rookie, let's just say they are willing to entertain the idea of trading Justin Jefferson. Since they would be trading us and our picks are lower than Miami's were when we trade Hill, and he's probably more valuable than Tyreek Hill, let's say the trade needs to be this:

2024 1st Rd Pick
2025 1st Rd Pick
2024 3rd Rd Pick
2025 4th Rd Pick

Keep in mind you aren't likely to be retaining Sneed either. Would you do it to go all-in on a Super Bowl?
I've been thinking the same. Why rely on a rookie WR when we can go all in on a vet? Jefferson did say he wants to reset the WR market, and I'm pretty sure we wouldn't do that for him. Diggs is also unhappy in BUF, but I don't think they'd trade him to us. Also, if either becomes available we likley have the worst pkg bc of our draft position. But, sure, I'd be down to get a little wild and go for broke. Now or never!
Old 02-22-2024, 04:03 AM   #24
Veteran

Quote:
I love this idea. And I think Andy could make it work. Keep rotating your WRs and keep Mike Williams snaps low and then unleash him the playoffs. He’s a great player. He just can’t stay healthy. I’m really only interested in cheap free agents. What would Mike Williams cost?
kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 02-22-2024, 08:39 AM   #25
In Search of a Life

Quote:

2024 1st Rd Pick
2025 1st Rd Pick
2024 3rd Rd Pick
2025 4th Rd Pick

Based on the rumblings I've heard from his contract negotiation.....probably not.

As good as he is, I just don't think there's any chance he provides enough to justify that. I'm always pro "trade for" but there's just no way the Chiefs can do that.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2024, 12:45 PM   #26
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:

2024 1st Rd Pick
2025 1st Rd Pick
2024 3rd Rd Pick
2025 4th Rd Pick

I probably would not, because we were just able to win one with Rice and 5 scrubs. I think 3 guys who can simply catch the ball would move the needle drastically.

Pick your favorite upside WR in Round 1 if they're there, and add 2 mid-priced Vets with sure hands. Keep Watson & Hardman on vet minimums.
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2024, 12:50 PM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post
I read today Lockett will likely be a cap casualty. I wouldn’t mind having his solid hands.

Depending on the rookie, this could be an affordable upgrade at the position group:

Rice
Lockett
Rookie
Watson
Hardman
Rookie

He will be 32 in September, so Veach probably wants nothing to do with him.
^THIS is the best fit IMHO.

He'd be my #1 target, then Ekeler #2. I've always felt that Lockett is the perfect match for an Andy Reid WR, and we're always looking for a guy just like him. See Sky Moore as an example that didn't pan out.
Old 02-23-2024, 11:17 AM   #28
Starter

There is a lot of talking head chatter about Mike Evans to the Chiefs. TO me, it seems the likeliest destination is Houston...he is from Galveston, the Texans have a ton of cap space, and he would play a few yrs with a budding superstar. I can see the Chiefs having a ceiling of Brown or Ridley, but maybe just going after Lockett or Mooney and drafting a Mitchell or Franklin in the first. Surely they have more confidence that a rookie WR can produce if given the chance to make a few mistakes in the 1st half of the season
Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.
Old 02-23-2024, 11:19 AM   #29
Starter

Quote:
^THIS is the best fit IMHO.

He'd be my #1 target, then Ekeler #2. I've always felt that Lockett is the perfect match for an Andy Reid WR, and we're always looking for a guy just like him. See Sky Moore as an example that didn't pan out.
What do you think Ekeler would accept per yr to play for the Chiefs? How much of a SB discount would he accept at 28?
Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.
Old 02-23-2024, 11:55 AM   #30
Generational Player

This might be affordable AND impactful.

Sign Darnell Mooney, WR 12-14 Million

Sign Tony Pollard, RB 8 Million

Sign Noah Brown, WR 6 Million

Then use 1st round pick on a Adonai Mitchell and we have rebuilt the weapons while staying on a very affordable set of players as Rice and Mitchell would be the top 2 WR's and on rookie contracts.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.