Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-19-2024, 11:21 PM  
Inmem 2.0

Left Tackles

Y'all want to ride with Smith for another year or give Morris a chance? Because there's probably several good to decent prospects who likely will be there when the Chiefs pick.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-08-2024, 09:38 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Am I the only one that thinks Kingsley Suamataia should be in the conversation in round 1?
I think I'd be fine with him at the end of 1. He's not as polished as his cousin and he hasn't developed enough of an anchor yet, but I think the tools are just as much there you just have to coach him up alot more.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 12:25 PM   #47
Inmem 2.0

If we're going off reactions from 1 game last nights spoke loudly
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2024, 12:33 PM   #48
Starter

I wonder if we take a right tackle in the mid rounds this year to give us the option to move on from Taylor after next season. We can save 15 million in cap space if we cut him in 2025.
ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 01:20 PM   #49
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan View Post
I wonder if we take a right tackle in the mid rounds this year to give us the option to move on from Taylor after next season. We can save 15 million in cap space if we cut him in 2025.
I think so
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-12-2024, 01:34 PM   #50
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
You mean the guy who just played lights out in the Super Bowl?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2024, 03:08 PM   #51
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
You mean the guy who just played lights out in the Super Bowl?
Some people just make up their minds and that's the end of it...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2024, 03:09 PM   #52
MVP

Without a doubt the dude looked worth the money last night. And has been good in the playoffs.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 02-12-2024, 04:31 PM   #53
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Some people just make up their minds and that's the end of it...
I have no idea what you think I have my mind made up on.

Seems to me that it's proactive roster management to consistently use mid round picks at the most expensive positions on the field to see if we can't develop guys into future cap savings. We'd save $20 million by moving on from him a season earlier than his contract ends.
ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-12-2024, 06:57 PM   #54
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
He's not as much rocketing up as he is returning from the rocket down when he got injured this year. There were some chattering about 1st round potential. He's athletic as hell with absolutely elite arm length and is solid in both facets. The only concern, really, is level of competition because you can coach up the technique flaws.

I've been contemplating the juggling of balls here between WR, DT, and OT. I'd have no reservations saying that I'd hope for him in the 2nd round, especially if DT is adequately resolved in FA. The major sticker is what does Reid and Co think of Wanya Morris? We don't think highly as a collective but that may not be what the brass thinks.
Very intrigued by the Yale guy as well.

Did he play Senior Bowl or just practice? Because the athletic profile looks promising but agree that its comes down to how he plays against competition which you won't see at Yale.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-13-2024, 08:34 AM   #55

Quote:
I have no idea what you think I have my mind made up on.

Seems to me that it's proactive roster management to consistently use mid round picks at the most expensive positions on the field to see if we can't develop guys into future cap savings. We'd save $20 million by moving on from him a season earlier than his contract ends.
We'd save $15 million and be rolling with Waynya Morris and a 2nd year OT. When we've seen very little to indicate that even Morris is a starting OT.

You don't cut quality young players who are entering the primes of their career unless they're negative assets on your balance sheet. Taylor won't be.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-13-2024, 08:36 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
Very intrigued by the Yale guy as well.

Did he play Senior Bowl or just practice? Because the athletic profile looks promising but agree that its comes down to how he plays against competition which you won't see at Yale.
There are a lot of large, athletic, powerful but very raw OTs in this class.

If you're going OT in the first, it's a scouting/coaching decision. There's not gonna be a slam-dunk pick at that point in the draft. But you can probably find a guy with the tools to play LT (not a lot of dudes have those) and attempt to coach them up over the coming season.
Old 02-14-2024, 01:55 PM   #57
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
There are a lot of large, athletic, powerful but very raw OTs in this class.

If you're going OT in the first, it's a scouting/coaching decision. There's not gonna be a slam-dunk pick at that point in the draft. But you can probably find a guy with the tools to play LT (not a lot of dudes have those) and attempt to coach them up over the coming season.
I agree, there's some quality depth and guys that could develop.

How about Dominich Puni from KU? 90.5% pass protection grade on PFF, he's young too. Christian Jones showed out at the Sr Bowl. Jalen Sundell from North Dokota 89.7% pass protection grade. Javon Foster had the the most consistent 80%+ overall performance grade over a 3 year period. Mel Kiper likes Isaiah Adams from Illinois. I've mentioned Zion as a reclamation project also.

But I'm curious which of these OTs that might be available at the bottom of the 1st is a plug and play starter game 1 next season?
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-15-2024, 08:12 AM   #58
Veteran

Does anyone have a list of the 5-10 LT prospects? Most of the lists I’ve looked at have RTs in there and we probably don’t need a RT early. I’d like to see a list of LTs if anyone has a list of just the top LTs.
kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 02-15-2024, 10:39 AM   #59
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbubb View Post
Does anyone have a list of the 5-10 LT prospects? Most of the lists I’ve looked at have RTs in there and we probably don’t need a RT early. I’d like to see a list of LTs if anyone has a list of just the top LTs.
Do you want it as purely college LTs and college RTs or LT to include potential moves from RT to LT?
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-15-2024, 10:42 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
I agree, there's some quality depth and guys that could develop.

How about Dominich Puni from KU? 90.5% pass protection grade on PFF, he's young too. Christian Jones showed out at the Sr Bowl. Jalen Sundell from North Dokota 89.7% pass protection grade. Javon Foster had the the most consistent 80%+ overall performance grade over a 3 year period. Mel Kiper likes Isaiah Adams from Illinois. I've mentioned Zion as a reclamation project also.

But I'm curious which of these OTs that might be available at the bottom of the 1st is a plug and play starter game 1 next season?
I'm not sure Puni's an OT at the next level. At least probably not a LT. I dunno that I see the length or athleticism to pull it off.

That said, in the 3rd round, a guy who might be an OT but can be a really safe bet to convert to a strong pass-blocking IOL wouldn't be the worst outcome. But I don't think you've 'solved' the OT problem with him or any of the rest of the guys you've mentioned there. Adams as a late 3rd day pick is intriguing from a developmental standpoint but I think you're looking at a 2 year development period there.