Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-27-2024, 07:39 PM   #2
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan View Post
Also the Chiefs aren’t going anywhere but I don’t know why anyone thinks the Royals aren’t gone without a new ballpark because they are.
Battered wife fan syndrome.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2024, 07:48 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Battered wife fan syndrome.
The Royals are gone without a new stadium. This is just reality.

Whether you think they should pay for it is one thing, but they aren't staying at the K and if they don't get a new one here then they will get one somewhere else.
comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-27-2024, 08:17 PM   #4
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
The Royals are gone without a new stadium. This is just reality.

Whether you think they should pay for it is one thing, but they aren't staying at the K and if they don't get a new one here then they will get one somewhere else.
It's nice to have a 2nd local pro sports franchise to root for.

On the other hand it makes me have to watch baseball, which is a pretty awful sport.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2024, 08:24 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
It's nice to have a 2nd local pro sports franchise to root for.

On the other hand it makes me have to watch baseball, which is a pretty awful sport.
Baseball just needs to get their media rights together so fans can actually watch their product.

They are miles behind the times when it comes to making their product accessible and an optimal viewing experience for the fan.

I've long maintained that baseball would be an ideal sport to launch a Redzone style channel.

15 games a night 3 times a week. Jump around between situations where runners are in scoring position, when big names like Ohtani or Stanton come up to bat, when a pitcher is on the verge of striking out the side.

Right now, you couldn't pay me to watch a non Cardinals game start to finish, but something like that I would definitely check out and would likely drastically increase my interest in the league as a hole.

Why isn't MLB thinking forward and implementing shit like that? Frustrates me to no end to see the sport dying and the owners seemingly being content to just let it happen.

Edit: Apparently something like this already sort of exists on MLBTV. That's cool. Why haven't I heard of it though? Why do I have to open an app to watch it, instead of it being on YouTube TV next to MLB Network? I just don't get the way they're promoting the game at the moment.
comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 08:29 PM   #6
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Baseball just needs to get their media rights together so fans can actually watch their product.

They are miles behind the times when it comes to making their product accessible and an optimal viewing experience for the fan.

I've long maintained that baseball would be an ideal sport to launch a Redzone style channel.

15 games a night 3 times a week. Jump around between situations where runners are in scoring position, when big names like Ohtani or Stanton come up to bat, when a pitcher is on the verge of striking out the side.

Right now, you couldn't pay me to watch a non Cardinals game start to finish, but something like that I would definitely check out and would likely drastically increase my interest in the league as a hole.

Why isn't MLB thinking forward and implementing shit like that? Frustrates me to no end to see the sport dying and the owners seemingly being content to just let it happen.
Part of the reason it struggles is stars don't matter as much as other sports. The Angels had Trout and Ohtani for years and never mattered.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2024, 08:34 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Part of the reason it struggles is stars don't matter as much as other sports. The Angels had Trout and Ohtani for years and never mattered.
I agree. The Blue Jays are pretty loaded too and it hasn't helped them reach a WS.
Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-27-2024, 08:37 PM   #8
My work speaks for itself!!!

Quote:

It’s Anaheim. Dodgers rule OC and LA.
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-27-2024, 07:49 PM   #9
Ain't no relax!

We'll see....

How will Royals manage parking for 38,000 fans in KC Crossroads? Architects detail plan

[...]

HOW WOULD PARKING WORK AT A NEW ROYALS STADIUM?
While parking spaces are privately owned in the area of the proposed stadium, the developers say they are working on a plan that would include using some of these spaces as prepaid parking zones, similar to how parking is at Kauffman Stadium.

Jeff McKerrow, a senior transportation engineer with Kimley-Horn, said an app similar to Park KC app could be developed so that fans could pre-purchase parking spots in a zone ahead of Royals games.

The Royals would be looking to negotiate rates with private lot owners, said Sarah Dempster, Populous senior architect. She said that they would also be working with the city to establish how many spots they are willing to sell for event days.

“Certain lot owners may prefer to say ‘No we are going to keep all of our spots, this is my private lot,’ and that is certainly one approach they could take,” Dempster said. “But I know the Royals are interested in having those conversations so their patrons are taken care of and we are able to guarantee a certain number of spots.”

They are also looking into creating an integrated operations center to monitor downtown traffic during game days, McKerrow said. The center would address traffic and parking needs when there are multiple events happening downtown and in the Crossroads, like a concert at the T-Mobile Center or the First Fridays every month.

An integrated operations center is used at other developments Kimley-Horn helped plan, like U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, where the Minnesota Vikings play.

“We’ve worked in other communities where we’ve developed a playbook,” McKerrow said. “If we have these different activities going on, we’re going to shift our traffic or parking management to adjust for those and plan for those moving forward.”

The plan would include the prepaid parking zones and protecting street parking and small parking lots for local businesses.

HOW MANY PARKING SPOTS WILL FANS NEED ON GAMEDAYS?
McKerrow said the Royals will build 1,500 parking spots with the stadium for fans. He expects a typical ballgame to generate an additional 7,500 cars, which would park in one of the 40,000 parking spots within a 20-minute walk of the proposed ballpark location.

They plan for about 70% of fans to drive, 10% to take the streetcar or bus, 10% to use rideshare, and the other 10% to walk, bike or scooter to the stadium.

Depending on the day of the game, a slideshow shared at the conference showed how many spots would be needed for the planned 38,000-capacity stadium.

A weekday game would require at least 8,900 spaces, while a weekend game would require 8,300 spaces. Based on the developer’s study, they anticipate three fans per car attending weekday games, and 3.2 fans per car coming to a weekend game.

So, on a given night, the Royals could use anywhere between 6,800 and 7,400 parking spaces that are already built in the area, according to the presentation.

[...]
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2024, 08:14 PM   #10
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Yeah sorry I don’t subscribe to those reports.

I know what economists say but there are intangible things that sports brings to a community that are extremely valuable that can’t be measured in dollars and cents.

If you want to look at it through that lense then that is certainly a legitimate perspective if you’re only interested in the financial aspect of it.

Also the Chiefs aren’t going anywhere but I don’t know why anyone thinks the Royals aren’t gone without a new ballpark because they are.
All this round will do is bring the Royals back to the table with a more detailed plan next year
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2024, 08:15 PM   #11
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Yeah sorry I don’t subscribe to those reports.

I know what economists say but there are intangible things that sports brings to a community that are extremely valuable that can’t be measured in dollars and cents.

If you want to look at it through that lense then that is certainly a legitimate perspective if you’re only interested in the financial aspect of it.

I know this may sound like a dumb reason to move somewhere but the Chiefs, Royals and Jayhawks swung my decision to move to Kansas City. I was going to just move to a bigger city after I graduated college and start looking for a job. It came down to Chicago vs Kansas City and the sports culture here made the difference.