Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-16-2020, 11:39 AM  
MVP

***** Official 2020 NFL Free Agency Thread *****

Certified Corona free.

Post here. Pertinent free agent signings can still have their own thread. Anyone who replies with a Q, because something is buried in this thread should blah blah AIDS tree.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2020, 02:23 PM   #1546
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
I don't want to replace Williams, but I also don't trust him without a competent backup. I'm not sure if Darwin is the guy or not. I think we need to acquire more depth there.
We have plenty of RB with Damien, Darrell, Darwin and Elijah.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-01-2020, 02:34 PM   #1547
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
I'm not opposed to depth or drafting a RB to be the primary #2 for a season. It's just baffling to me to see folks (mainly outside this thread) talking about Damien like he's a liability. Dude was nails for us in critical spots with a patchwork OL this year.
He's just not that good. If you take away just his two best runs last year he had less than 3.0 ypa.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 02:38 PM   #1548
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRyan View Post
Most likely there will be plenty of value at IOL at 96. Lewis, Bredsen, Lemieux would likely be there. At least one of them.
I’ll take Lemieux and never think twice about it, dudes a full grown manimal
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2020, 02:39 PM
PattyFlakes
This message has been deleted by PattyFlakes.
Old 04-01-2020, 02:41 PM   #1549
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumppy View Post
He's just not that good. If you take away just his two best runs last year he had less than 3.0 ypa.
His performances in the last two postseasons more than make up for sub par regular seasons. That said, I don't think he'll ever be a true #1 featured back, so drafting someone to pair with him wouldn't be a bad idea.
PattyFlakes must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PattyFlakes must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PattyFlakes must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PattyFlakes must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PattyFlakes must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PattyFlakes must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PattyFlakes must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PattyFlakes must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PattyFlakes must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PattyFlakes must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PattyFlakes must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-01-2020, 02:57 PM   #1550
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyFlakes View Post
His performances in the last two postseasons more than make up for sub par regular seasons. That said, I don't think he'll ever be a true #1 featured back, so drafting someone to pair with him wouldn't be a bad idea.
They were ok but I think that had more to do with teams worrying Mahomes than his ability.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2020, 03:06 PM   #1551
Rufus Dawes Jr.

I love Damien Williams. But he’s a home run hitter. It’s boom or bust when it comes to running the ball. Now in the passing game he is the perfect fit for the offense. But when running the ball he’s either going to break one or get a no gain. The Chiefs need a back who can help them grind out the tough yards.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 03:08 PM   #1552
MVP

I kind of agree but he doesn't need to be drafted earlier than the third round
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-01-2020, 03:20 PM   #1553
World's Best Boss

Alright, I got curious. So the comparison that I’ve seen is that Kareem was “leaps and bounds” better than Damien. I decided to compare Damien’s stats since he started in Kareem’s place against the Chargers last year. In that span Damien has played in 19 games and started 14 times. Since Damien split the load in the majority of those starts, I decided to compare his numbers to Kareem’s final season and last three full starts in 2017 (excluding Denver, where he only had one carry).

Damien
Car Yards AVG TD Rec Yards TD Games Starts
226 1056 4.67 14 65 427 7 19 14

Kareem
245 1102 4.49 10 40 449 8 14 14

That was a lot closer than I thought. Williams definitely holds his own here, even slightly outdoing Kareem on YPC and total touchdowns (21 vs 18). Kareem’s receiving and 0 fumbles absolutely stand out here. Williams lost 2 critical fumbles (2018@SEA & 2019@TEN) in the same span. This is the last I’ll post about this, but since Kareem’s absence I think Damien has more than stepped up (everyone should be saying “Kareem who?” after the SB) but that hasn’t stopped my Facebook feed from saying we need to draft a feature RB to replace Williams for this season or resign Kareem - who I honestly think wouldn’t have fared any better (if not a bit worse) than Damien with this line this season (especially after missing 8 games).

Last edited by Chiefspants; 04-01-2020 at 03:25 PM..
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 03:24 PM   #1554
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
Having "plenty" of runningbacks is not the same thing as having plenty of quality runningbacks. None of those names after Damien inspire much confidence. While I don't want a runningback in the first, there's a reason we sometimes are given a RB in mock drafts.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-01-2020, 03:31 PM   #1555
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
Having "plenty" of runningbacks is not the same thing as having plenty of quality runningbacks. None of those names after Damien inspire much confidence. While I don't want a runningback in the first, there's a reason we sometimes are given a RB in mock drafts.
Yeah because those tards don't understand the KC Chiefs. I will be surprised if we take a RB before the 5th round. I imagine we will sign an UDFA. The way this offense uses a RB does not require a middle draft pick investment let alone a top half of the draft investment.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-01-2020, 03:36 PM   #1556
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
Alright, I got curious. So the comparison that I’ve seen is that Kareem was “leaps and bounds” better than Damien. I decided to compare Damien’s stats since he started in Kareem’s place against the Chargers last year. In that span Damien has played in 19 games and started 14 times. Since Damien split the load in the majority of those starts, I decided to compare his numbers to Kareem’s final season and last three full starts in 2017 (excluding Denver, where he only had one carry).

Damien
Car Yards AVG TD Rec Yards TD Games Starts
226 1056 4.67 14 65 427 7 19 14

Kareem
245 1102 4.49 10 40 449 8 14 14

That was a lot closer than I thought. Williams definitely holds his own here, even slightly outdoing Kareem on YPC and total touchdowns (21 vs 18). Kareem’s receiving and 0 fumbles absolutely stand out here. Williams lost 2 critical fumbles (2018@SEA & 2019@TEN) in the same span. This is the last I’ll post about this, but since Kareem’s absence I think Damien has more than stepped up (everyone should be saying “Kareem who?” after the SB) but that hasn’t stopped my Facebook feed from saying we need to draft a feature RB to replace Williams for this season or resign Kareem - who I honestly think wouldn’t have fared any better (if not a bit worse) than Damien with this line this season (especially after missing 8 games).

I don't have time to look it up right now but I did a month or so ago. His stats, after taking away his two best runs were somewhere below 3.0 ypa for the regular season. That's what I was basing my opinion on.
Like I said I think his post season stats went up because teams were concentrating on slowing Mahomes down and not our rushing game.

He just never has impressed me.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 03:49 PM   #1557
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumppy View Post
I don't have time to look it up right now but I did a month or so ago. His stats, after taking away his two best runs were somewhere below 3.0 ypa for the regular season. That's what I was basing my opinion on.
Like I said I think his post season stats went up because teams were concentrating on slowing Mahomes down and not our rushing game.

He just never has impressed me.
That’s a totally fair argument and I absolutely could be wrong in my praise here. My take is that our IOL during a lot of his play this year was refried ass and his struggles up the middle were indicative of that. Either way, while I hope he’s our starter, I do agree we need a young #2 back waiting in the wings if Damien gets hurt again.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 04:34 PM   #1558
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
Also have Mike Weber, who shared the backfield with JK Dobbins.
bsp4444 is not part of the Right 53.bsp4444 is not part of the Right 53.bsp4444 is not part of the Right 53.bsp4444 is not part of the Right 53.bsp4444 is not part of the Right 53.bsp4444 is not part of the Right 53.bsp4444 is not part of the Right 53.bsp4444 is not part of the Right 53.bsp4444 is not part of the Right 53.bsp4444 is not part of the Right 53.bsp4444 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-01-2020, 05:02 PM   #1559
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
I would be totally cool drafting Ruiz in the first. Our interior is garbage and you cant pay Mahomes 200 mil with that kind of trash protecting him.
In this draft simulator (I know, I know) Ruiz has been dropping to our pick in the 2nd. Can't imagine any way that happens in real life, but man I'd be all over him if it did. Like you, I wouldn't be a bit upset if we took him in the 1st as long as one of the stud LBs or CBs don't drop unexpectedly.

Fanspeak Draft Simulator
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2020, 05:11 PM   #1560
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
You keep saying this. It isn't true.

Morse is gone. LDT is not the same as before the injury bug hit.

Protecting Mahomes must be THE priority. A better line also will result in a better running game. This also helps Mahomes.
It IS true because BEFORE Hunt got released he was playing games with Reiter, Wylie, Erving and LDT at guard...so please do your research. Also how come Williams does so well behind the same line in the playoffs if it's so bad for the run game?
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote