Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-27-2017, 07:19 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****

IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!

Last edited by Dante84; 05-17-2017 at 09:40 AM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-07-2023, 08:32 PM   #35626
MVP

Mahomes seasons ranked

1. 2018
2. 2020
3. 2022
4. 2019
5. 2021
comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-07-2023, 08:34 PM   #35627
I'll be back.

I'd put 2022 above 2020, simply because no Tyreek.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 08:35 PM   #35628
Emporer of Mongo

M V P
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 08:37 PM   #35629
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Those two are very close in my mind. It took a superhuman year from Rodgers to deny him MVP in 2020.

If I had to tier them it would be

Last edited by comochiefsfan; 01-07-2023 at 08:43 PM..
comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-07-2023, 08:39 PM   #35630
MVP

Also hope this is the calm before the storm. He's been a little on and off the last three games.

But this is Patrick Mahomes we're talking about. I'm sure he'll be sharp for the playoffs.
Old 01-07-2023, 08:44 PM   #35631
Veteran

Playoff Mahomes is the terminator.

The only time he wasn't was against a stacked 49ers defense and his inexplicable meltdown last year.

Gonna be interesting to see what happens.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 01-07-2023, 08:51 PM   #35632
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz View Post
Playoff Mahomes is the terminator.

The only time he wasn't was against a stacked 49ers defense and his inexplicable meltdown last year.

Gonna be interesting to see what happens.

Uhhh wtf are you talking about? Wasn’t the terminator against the 49ers?
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-07-2023, 08:55 PM   #35633
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
I’d put 2022 over any other year because of 1/ the absence of Tyreek; 2/ his ability to immediately blend with an entire new group of receivers much better than he ever did with Pringle, DRob, Connely, etc and 3/ the fact that 2018 there was novelty and no one knew how to defend him - now there’s years of tape and he’s still doing this at such a high level as he’s broken their codes.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 09:00 PM   #35634
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
I’d put 2022 over any other year because of 1/ the absence of Tyreek; 2/ his ability to immediately blend with an entire new group of receivers much better than he ever did with Pringle, DRob, Connely, etc and 3/ the fact that 2018 there was novelty and no one knew how to defend him - now there’s years of tape and he’s still doing this at such a high level as he’s broken their codes.
No Kareem Hunt or Sammy Watkins this season as well. 2018 Mahomes pretty much had the type of loaded weaponry that Joe Burrow is enjoying in Cincy right now. And he had the element of surprise as you mentioned.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 01-07-2023, 09:01 PM   #35635
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Uhhh wtf are you talking about? Wasn’t the terminator against the 49ers?
I felt he struggled hard in that game until the last 10 minutes of play. From that point on, yeah, he was the ****ing Terminator.

I also forgot to mention the Bucs, but that was obviously due to the lack of an entire OL and everyone dropping his inhuman perfect passes.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 01-07-2023, 09:03 PM   #35636
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Mahomes’ “worst season” last year would be a top 5 all time QB season for like half of the teams in the NFL.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 09:06 PM   #35637
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
No Kareem Hunt or Sammy Watkins this season as well. 2018 Mahomes pretty much had the type of loaded weaponry that Joe Burrow is enjoying in Cincy right now. And he had the element of surprise as you mentioned.
That was also Patrick at his playmaking best though.

And many of his signature plays that season weren't to his main weapons.

The throw against the Chargers to Sausage
The wild TD against the 49ers was to Chris Conley
The No Look Pass was to D Rob
The falling out of bounds TD against the Chargers was also to D Rob
The sidearm TD against the Seahawks to Charcandrick ****ing West
And finally the 50th TD was to DRob in the final game of the season.

Mahomes is probably a "better" QB now. He handles the intricacies of the game better and is more in command of the offense.

But I've never had more fun watching football than watching Patrick Mahomes in 2018.

Every single game he would literally do something you had never seen in a football game before.

I don't know if i'll ever see anything like it again.
Old 01-07-2023, 09:07 PM   #35638
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
Yeah I’m going with 2022 for the above stated reasons too.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-07-2023, 09:09 PM   #35639
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan View Post

Mahomes is probably a "better" QB now. He handles the intricacies of the game better and is more in command of the offense.

But I've never had more fun watching football than watching Patrick Mahomes in 2018.

Every single game he would literally do something you had never seen in a football game before.

He is still doing crazy shit, but people take it for granted nowadays. It happened when he was in college too. Tech folks just got used to him doing ridiculous stuff and we just kind of shrugged our shoulders as time went by.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 01-07-2023, 09:12 PM   #35640
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan View Post

If you promise me rep I promise you I can match every single one of those plays with plays he made from this season. They're just part of what's expected from Patrick now.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.