Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:39 AM   #8836
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Good meatloaf is really tasty, but man it's hard to get a good picture of!
Yeah, for sure, the pic sucks. The sauce is ketchup, worchestershire sauce, and honey (I added a touch of soy), and no bread crumbs, you use white bread soaked in milk. It's fantastic. The sauce looks brown in the pic, but it's a deep red.
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:14 PM   #8837
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Good meatloaf is really tasty, but man it's hard to get a good picture of!
Take it out of loaf pan.

Place on extra large all white plate.

Make one nice slice and lay piece down on plate.

Use flash when taking photo.

Problem solved!
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:46 PM   #8838
Shit

Yesterday afternoon i ate at papa bob's in Bonner springs.

It was very good. They have a bunch of different style sauces. They will put a bunch out to try for first timers.
The ghost pepper one was my favorite. But i didn't hate any of them
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:40 AM   #8839
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Take it out of loaf pan.

Place on extra large all white plate.

Make one nice slice and lay piece down on plate.

Use flash when taking photo.

Problem solved!
That's the right advice.

Can also shoot in another area where there is better light. I've actually laid my plates down on my patio or front steps for test shots until I get the right light—a light that will reveal the true color.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:44 AM   #8840
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
That's the right advice.

Can also shoot in another area where there is better light. I've actually laid my plates down on my patio or front steps for test shots until I get the right light—a light that will reveal the true color.
If you're shooting with a cell phone, those little LED flashes suck, and pictures with them generally suck, too.

Outside is good. I do that almost always. Daylight but shaded, good light.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2017, 02:20 PM   #8841
EvOlVeD

thai dinner and a concert tonight with the wife's parents, and tomorrow i am smoking turkey legs with cherry wood

ETA: adding lamb shanks with the drumsticks

Last edited by Nickhead; 08-12-2017 at 03:42 PM..
Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 08-11-2017, 02:21 PM
Stewie
This message has been deleted by Stewie. Reason: 'cause
Old 08-11-2017, 02:23 PM   #8842
EvOlVeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
It looks to me that it wasn't cooked in a pan, but formed and baked on a rack with foil. That's the best way to do it. Drains all the fat.
and then you are left with brickloaf, no moisture what so ever
Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 08-11-2017, 03:08 PM   #8843
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
If you're shooting with a cell phone, those little LED flashes suck, and pictures with them generally suck, too.

Outside is good. I do that almost always. Daylight but shaded, good light.
Outdoor is always better. I don't use my cell phone to shoot my pictures. I never, or very, very rarely need to use the flash. Even cheap cameras today, have a feature with what looks like Levels that can be used to improve tone and contrast. I have a skylight over my kitchen table....but I have to shoot when there's enough daylight or light coming down.

Tooge's kitchen stove area is dark and he left the meat on foil which is highly reflective.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2017, 03:10 PM   #8844
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

I use two foil pans, the top with holes in it so it can drain, with pieces of bread in between to soak up the grease
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2017, 03:10 PM   #8845
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickhead View Post
and then you are left with brickloaf, no moisture what so ever
The last half hour I pour tomato sauce on top and it's delicious when it mixes with the fat. Makes a nice tomato gravy.
Old 08-11-2017, 03:12 PM   #8846
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
Outdoor is always better. I don't use my cell phone to shoot my pictures. I never, or very, very rarely need to use the flash. Even cheap cameras today, have a feature with what looks like Levels that can be used to improve tone and contrast. I have a skylight over my kitchen table....but I have to shoot when there's enough daylight or light coming down.

Tooge's kitchen stove area is dark and he left the meat on foil which is highly reflective.

I've got some great camera gear, but if I pulled that out every time I took food pics, I wouldn't ever take food pics. I want to eat, so I want fast and easy, and that usually means my cell.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2017, 03:16 PM   #8847
EvOlVeD

my sweet and sour meat loaf i make, i use a casserole dish and prop the loaf shape up with cut up potatoes. the last twenty minutes i uncover to brown the taters. personally i never cook a meatloaf in a pan by itself. the sweet and sour grease that soaks into the potatoes is heaven, with a lil salt and pepper of course.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:46 PM   #8848
pie is never free

Shrimp fajitas with cilantro, guac, sour cream and a side of Spanish rice from scratch
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-12-2017, 01:26 PM   #8849
Cast Iron Jedi

I have an eye of round roast in for a 24-hour sous vide. Then it's gonna get sliced thin for sandwiches.
Old 08-12-2017, 02:42 PM   #8850
MVP

Spare ribs (St. Louis cut) have been smoking for 2 hours. Just spritzed them with my sweet/sour mix. Sweet corn from the farmer's market and a salad.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.