Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Today, 02:13 PM  
World's Best Boss

Your AFC Championship MVP’s

Re-watching the AFC Championship rematch against the Bengals (my dark horse vote for the most important win in our dynasty), made me remember just how much of a gamewrecker Jones was from the beginning to the end of the game, and it made me realize that I wish the NFL had Championship MVP’s like baseball does for the LCS.

If you had the deciding vote for awarding game MVP’s for each of our AFC Championship wins, who would you vote for (bonus points for the old timers who vote for someone in our 1969 championship win against the Raiders and our 1966 win against the Bills).
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:22 PM   #2
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
Re-watching the AFC Championship rematch against the Bengals (my dark horse vote for the most important win in our dynasty), made me remember just how much of a gamewrecker Jones was from the beginning to the end of the game, and it made me realize that I wish the NFL had Championship MVP’s like baseball does for the LCS.

If you had the deciding vote for awarding game MVP’s for each of our AFC Championship wins, who would you vote for (bonus points for the old timers who vote for someone in our 1969 championship win against the Raiders and our 1966 win against the Bills).
Kelce had a great game too.
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:22 PM   #3
MVP

2019/2020 (Titans) - Mahomes & Spags
2020/2021 (Buffalo) - Mahomes & Spags
2022/2023 (Cincy) - Mahomes (bad ankle, never forget) and Spags
2023/2024 (Ravens) - LJ Sneed & Spags
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:45 PM   #4
Consuming CP souls

Peg leg Pat. Outplayed Burrow on 1 leg.
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:52 PM   #5
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
2019/2020 (Titans) - Mahomes & Spags
2020/2021 (Buffalo) - Mahomes & Spags
2022/2023 (Cincy) - Mahomes (bad ankle, never forget) and Spags
2023/2024 (Ravens) - LJ Sneed & Spags
This is close to mine.

Titans: Mahomes
Bills: Mahomes
Cincy: Jones
Ravens: Sneed

Jones sack on Burrow with 39 ticks left was the gamechanging, defensive play we had been praying for against Indy in 03, Indy in 13, Pats in 15, Steelers in 16, Titans in 17, Pats in 18, and Cincy in 21. That catharsis makes me a bit biased, but that sack is a play I think about as much as WASP, The Run, and Sneed’s forced fumble.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:56 PM   #6
Veteran

1993 AFC Championship
Keith Cash
6 catches, 87 yards
Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 03:03 PM   #7
Veteran

Quote:

I'm with you, thr Cincy AFC Chamionship was the most important win of this dynasty.

After going 0-3 against Burrow head to head and 0-1 in the playoffs, there was enough evidence to suggest the Bengals just had our number.

If we lose, Cincy is the new super power in the AFC and Burrow is considered equal to Mahomes, if not better than Mahomes.

That was the game that defined our legacy. We lose, its all over and the Chiefs are a 1 and done. We win, and we have a shot at 2 super bowl wins in 4 years, and eventually a dynasty.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 03:20 PM   #8
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz View Post
I'm with you, thr Cincy AFC Chamionship was the most important win of this dynasty.

After going 0-3 against Burrow head to head and 0-1 in the playoffs, there was enough evidence to suggest the Bengals just had our number.

If we lose, Cincy is the new super power in the AFC and Burrow is considered equal to Mahomes, if not better than Mahomes.

That was the game that defined our legacy. We lose, its all over and the Chiefs are a 1 and done. We win, and we have a shot at 2 super bowl wins in 4 years, and eventually a dynasty.
100%. Burrow winning and eventually winning the Super Bowl and SBMVP (their shithouse OL would have benefitted tremendously from the slip n slide field), would have ended our Legion of Zoom era dynasty hunt and given Burrow all of Patrick’s accolades without the regular season MVP’s (a fact made up for by his 4-0 record on Patrick).

I also forgot just how combative the build-up for the rematch was, and how intense the game was from the kickoff to Butler’s field goal. I hadn’t been that nervous watching a game since our AFCCG against the Patriots or our first Super Bowl. Add in Pat’s injuries and our five(?) starters who went down injured and it truly took everything we had to send them home and launch into dynasty mode.

The nerd in me also thinks about the butterfly effect that the Bengals winning it all would have had by changing the order of both the Chiefs and Bengals schedules the following year.

Last edited by Chiefspants; Today at 03:26 PM..
Old Today, 03:40 PM   #9
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz View Post

That’s the most nervous I’ve ever been for any Chiefs game. We HAD to win it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 03:43 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
This is close to mine.

Titans: Mahomes
Bills: Mahomes
Cincy: Jones
Ravens: Sneed

Jones sack on Burrow with 39 ticks left was the gamechanging, defensive play we had been praying for against Indy in 03, Indy in 13, Pats in 15, Steelers in 16, Titans in 17, Pats in 18, and Cincy in 21. That catharsis makes me a bit biased, but that sack is a play I think about as much as WASP, The Run, and Sneed’s forced fumble.
I think Chris Jones did what you would expect a great pass rusher to do against an injured OL. He destroyed Burrow. Similar to what happened to Mahomes with an injured OL in the Tampa Super Bowl.

I would give Mahomes the edge on Jones in the Cincy game because of Patrick’s ankle injury and the injured WR group. At one point he converted a 3rd down with a practice squad receiver. Two massive conversions on 3rd and 4th down for TD’s to Kelce & MVS. Kelce deserves major props for fighting through a back injury in this game. If either one of the Kelce & MVS TD plays don’t work, Cincy wins the game. There is also the Mahomes scramble on the bad ankle to setup Butker’s FG kick at the end.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old Today, 04:16 PM   #11
Veteran

Quote:
100%. Burrow winning and eventually winning the Super Bowl and SBMVP (their shithouse OL would have benefitted tremendously from the slip n slide field), would have ended our Legion of Zoom era dynasty hunt and given Burrow all of Patrick’s accolades without the regular season MVP’s (a fact made up for by his 4-0 record on Patrick).

I also forgot just how combative the build-up for the rematch was, and how intense the game was from the kickoff to Butler’s field goal. I hadn’t been that nervous watching a game since our AFCCG against the Patriots or our first Super Bowl. Add in Pat’s injuries and our five(?) starters who went down injured and it truly took everything we had to send them home and launch into dynasty mode.

The nerd in me also thinks about the butterfly effect that the Bengals winning it all would have had by changing the order of both the Chiefs and Bengals schedules the following year.
Yeah I left out all the Burrowhead shit talking that occurred that week since there were enough stakes, but that just added to it. They had our number AND were talking trash like the win was guaranteed for them.

I think about it similarly to Miami LeBron vs Celtics Game 6. Slightly different because Mahomes had a ring and LeBron had none, but they both had legacy defining stakes attached to them that would alter your legacy forever.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.