Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-18-2020, 09:05 AM   #49876
Supporter

Dr. Scott Gottlieb expects Covid vaccine shortages to last even if Moderna receives clearance

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/18/covi...next-week.html

Dr. Scott Gottlieb told CNBC on Friday he expects a shortage of Covid-19 vaccine doses to continue past next week, even if the Food and Drug Administration issues emergency use authorization for Moderna’s vaccine.

“I’ve talked to hospitals. They’re vaccinating far fewer health-care providers than what they could be because they just don’t have the doses available,” the former FDA chief and Pfizer board member said on “Squawk Box.” “I don’t think that they’re going to catch up next week even after the Moderna doses ship and you start having more supply in the channel.”

The U.S. began administering shots to health-care workers Monday, just days after Pfizer and BioNTech’s Covid-19 vaccine received limited regulatory approval. However, confusion has arose in recent days as some governors across the country have said they now expect to receive fewer doses than anticipated in the coming weeks.

The Department of Health and Human Services has pushed back on those suggestions, telling CNBC in a statement that reports that “jurisdictions’ allocations are being reduced are incorrect.” The statement added, “As was done with the initial shipments of Pfizer vaccine, jurisdictions will receive vaccine at different sites over several days.”

In a statement Thursday, Pfizer said its manufacturing has not experienced any disruptions despite claims from Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis earlier this week that the drug company has had a production issue leading to dose shortages.

“This week, we successfully shipped all 2.9 million doses that we were asked to ship by the U.S. Government to the locations specified by them,” Pfizer said. “We have millions more doses sitting in our warehouse but, as of now, we have not received any shipment instructions for additional doses.”

The U.S. government has said it plans to ship 2 million doses of Pfizer’s vaccine next week. Moderna’s vaccine could receive emergency approval as soon as Friday, and U.S. officials have said that just under 6 million doses of its vaccine could be shipped next week.

Gottlieb told CNBC he believes some of the confusion around available supply of Pfizer’s vaccine could be stemming from government concerns about the logistics network. He said there they may be the desire to temper the supply of Pfizer’s vaccine in the system to make sure the distribution network can handle it and doses don’t pile up anywhere.

“I think they should be taking some risk and leaning forward, trying to get more doses in people’s arms, both Moderna and Pfizer,” Gottlieb said, noting the current intensity of the U.S. epidemic. “I think getting as much protective immunity out into the population as possible is very important right now.”

Hospital workers and residents of long-term care facilities are receiving priority in the initial wave of vaccine distribution. “I think they could have pushed out more vaccine through the hospitals this month than what they’re doing. We could vaccinated many more people,” Gottlieb said.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2020, 09:12 AM   #49877
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
You’re right, those don’t matter
Uh huh. Not a rebuttal.

Same as it ever was.

Sometimes you guys come off as ghoulish.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2020, 09:16 AM   #49878
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
Uh huh. Not a rebuttal.

Same as it ever was.

Sometimes you guys come off as ghoulish.
What response would you like?

Me to explain to you that “underlying” health issues include things like high blood pressure and diabetes, which, last I checked a pretty good portion of people have?

How am I supposed to respond to “are we still acting like the people dying didn’t have other things wrong with them”?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 09:19 AM   #49879
best in the biz

Quote:
An honest one.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:04 AM   #49880
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
What I have heard is expect a sore arm and a few days of feeling like shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
How long before your next stick? 3 weeks?
21 days and they said they are guaranteed to have it and it is reserved already.

I feel fine but yeah I think the 2nd shot will be the shits. Hopefully I will be lucky as I don't usually get any symptoms from the flu shot or any shot\vaccine that I can recall.

But I am older now so I am expecting the worst and hoping the best.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:11 AM   #49881
Please squeeze

Quote:

Me to explain to you that “underlying” health issues include things like high blood pressure and diabetes, which, last I checked a pretty good portion of people have?

How am I supposed to respond to “are we still acting like the people dying didn’t have other things wrong with them”?
Who doesn't have underlying health issues except people under 30 and there is still lots of young people that have all kinds of health issues. As you get older it happens. I have managed high blood pressure and Type 2 diabetes which is why I didn't want Covid.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:13 AM   #49882
In Search of a Life

Quote:
An honest one.
Honestly?

I think it's bullshit to downplay those with underlying health conditions getting and dying from this. Yeah, it's worse on you if you have an underlying condition. It's worse (significantly) from an age stratification standpoint, ie, if you're older.

So when someone says "are we still pretending x" I interpret that as downplaying this as it's not serious for anyone else and we shouldn't have sympathy or empathy for those people and we shouldn't take any precautions to help them out.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 10:35 AM   #49883
Generational Player

Quote:
Honestly?

I think it's bullshit to downplay those with underlying health conditions getting and dying from this. Yeah, it's worse on you if you have an underlying condition. It's worse (significantly) from an age stratification standpoint, ie, if you're older.

So when someone says "are we still pretending x" I interpret that as downplaying this as it's not serious for anyone else and we shouldn't have sympathy or empathy for those people and we shouldn't take any precautions to help them out.

The problem is we don't know how many of those people are dying from vs dying with Covid. In Sweden everyone who dies with a positive Covid PCR test is counted as a Covid Death. We are doing that here too with the death certificate matching.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:43 AM   #49884
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
The problem is we don't know how many of those people are dying from vs dying with Covid. In Sweden everyone who dies with a positive Covid PCR test is counted as a Covid Death. We are doing that here too with the death certificate matching.
With and from is a bit of a run around to downplay this.

If you have a co morbidity such as say, severe type II diabetes, or atrial fib or insert your choice, an infection with sars cov II is potentially going to cause an increased incidence of that morbidity.

I'm open to hear of someone who's asymptomatic that posthumously tests positive for Covid after a sudden death not being counted in this manner. That makes sense.

But if you're a diabetic who has a severe bout with Covid and dies of kidney failure, well, medically, it would make sense that it was exacerbated by this disease.

Medically, the from and with conversation has alot of nuance with it.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 10:52 AM   #49885
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Dude.
Florida governor and others states are complaining about the vaccine not going out and shortages. It was an official statement from Pfizer that triggered the discussion. I didn't accuse anyone of anything. Its from CNN and the Washington Post. Just copy and paste.

The vaccine roll out is really important. There will be issues with logistics. It's not supposed to be posted or talked about in here? Even without any personal opinions?
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:58 AM   #49886
best in the biz

Quote:
Honestly?

Has nothing to do with empathy. that's just your go to.

The fact is, if people didn't have those underlying health conditions, the majority would most likely would still be alive.

I think labeling it as a disease instead of a respiratory virus and attributing the majority of deaths to covid alone is dishonest, creates fear and uncertainty moving forward.
Old 12-18-2020, 11:01 AM   #49887
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Florida governor and others states are complaining about the vaccine not going out and shortages. It was an official statement from Pfizer that triggered the discussion. I didn't accuse anyone of anything. Its from CNN and the Washington Post. Just copy and paste.

The vaccine roll out is really important. There will be issues with logistics. It's not supposed to be posted or talked about in here? Even without any personal opinions?
I think the issue is your article referenced the "Trump Administration" multiple times and was a political hit piece. I posted an article about the same thing that never mentioned Trump and barely mentioned the government at all.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2020, 11:13 AM   #49888
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Has nothing to do with empathy. that's just your go to.

The fact is, if people didn't have those underlying health conditions, the majority would most likely would still be alive.

I think labeling it as a disease instead of a respiratory virus and attributing the majority of deaths to covid alone is dishonest, creates fear and uncertainty moving forward.
Sure, if people didn't have those underlying conditions we wouldn't have this issue. The number one "underlying condition" is age. So I'm not sure how they are supposed to control that, similarly a large portion of those conditions are genetic which is out of people's control.

This has been explained to you over and over man. It's a respiratory virus that causes disease. I'm not sure what you're hung up on there.

The virus causes disease.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 11:19 AM   #49889
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Sure, if people didn't have those underlying conditions we wouldn't have this issue. The number one "underlying condition" is age. So I'm not sure how they are supposed to control that, similarly a large portion of those conditions are genetic which is out of people's control.

This has been explained to you over and over man. It's a respiratory virus that causes disease. I'm not sure what you're hung up on there.

It's pretty amazing that there are still people who have been following this for nine months that don't understand that SARS-CoV-2 (the virus) causes COVID-19 (the disease).
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2020, 11:19 AM   #49890
best in the biz

Quote:

what disease?

Age? yeah weakened and deteriorating immune systems? more of the same.

But it's not put out that way. It's #'s of deaths daily totally attributed to the virus.

Dishonest.