Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 09:33 AM  
Chiefs

Spagnuolo hired as DC

Last edited by ShowtimeSBMVP; 01-24-2019 at 04:34 PM..
ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:04 PM   #691
Inmem 2.0

I like Mack Will I've also seen mocks with William's and Wilkins going in the 20s. No way I wouldnt move up to get either of those guys.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:05 PM   #692
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Anyone got any stats on how often a 43 team plays in their base D? I'm too lazy to research
Teams overall ran nickel 55% of the time in 2017. Football outsiders doesn't even separate 4-3 vs 3-4 anymore.

Really, if you're looking for an ideal "base" defense, you need to find a good nickel defense--two outside CBs, a slot guy, two safeties, and then six lineman/LBs

Overall, Sutton's "base" D was often a dime with three safeties and three corners, with a safety playing more of a hybrid linebacker role.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:09 PM   #693
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
Teams overall ran nickel 55% of the time in 2017. Football outsiders doesn't even separate 4-3 vs 3-4 anymore.

Really, if you're looking for an ideal "base" defense, you need to find a good nickel defense--two outside CBs, a slot guy, two safeties, and then six lineman/LBs

Overall, Sutton's "base" D was often a dime with three safeties and three corners, with a safety playing more of a hybrid linebacker role.
If I'm not mistaken, Rex Ryan was a very heavy user of dime as well.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:09 PM   #694
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Need a tru #1 corner and those safeties are meh.

Dont think Berry will get released and if he doesnt hes starting. Also think the ends will be houston/ford.

Not sold that DOD is a 3 down player.
I'm with you on that.

I really don't think gutting everything and doing a flip is in the best interest for this team on the cusp of being in the Super Bowl.

Thinking getting Houston down to a more manageable cap hit, tagging Ford for right now, grabbing someone that can cover inside and investing in an upgrade at Bailey's spot and acquiring a #1 CB would go a long way.

Changing everything around will make even more holes and a lot of growing pains as the guys that stick around eill have to relearn everything.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:12 PM   #695
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post

Thank you.

So you're going to need 3 good corners to compete in this league. Again I like Wilson but basing it off these mocks there seems to be ALOT of value on corners at the end of round 1.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:13 PM   #696
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by AssEaterChief View Post
The problem wasn't totally Sutton. It looked about 50/50 between coaching and talent.

They still need to fix the other 50% of the problem. Hopefully they draft some studs on the back end and in the trenches to revitalize this defense.
What happens when the head chef has no idea what groceries to shop for. Rex Ryan begged his front office to draft Ragland... Not surprising when Sutton traded for him. Meanwhile other schemes value speed at lb. It still feels to me like veach was grocery shopping for a different chef which hints that he's been thinking scheme change all along.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 01-23-2019, 09:15 PM   #697
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
I'm with you on that.

I really don't think gutting everything and doing a flip is in the best interest for this team on the cusp of being in the Super Bowl.

Thinking getting Houston down to a more manageable cap hit, tagging Ford for right now, grabbing someone that can cover inside and investing in an upgrade at Bailey's spot and acquiring a #1 CB would go a long way.

Changing everything around will make even more holes and a lot of growing pains as the guys that stick around eill have to relearn everything.
Yeah I mean when you lead the league in sacks you dont have to do a whole overhaul. I like Houston but he might be that complimentary pass rusher at this point. I'm with you on tagging Ford but if a team throws a 2 and 3 our way I'd trade him.

Heres where it gets a little tricky for me under this scenario: you trade Ford you should have a little bit of cash to play with. Do you gamble on a guy like Thomas and get him on a 1 year deal? Lot of risk reward with Thomas/Berry.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:17 PM   #698
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
What happens when the head chef has no idea what groceries to shop for. Rex Ryan begged his front office to draft Ragland... Not surprising when Sutton traded for him. Meanwhile other schemes value speed at lb. It still feels to me like veach was grocery shopping for a different chef which hints that he's been thinking scheme change all along.
You're not going to grocery shop over some maybe's down the road in a today league with a team that expects to win now.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:17 PM   #699
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
His name? Bob Sutton. Maybe we should hire him.
He's already got another job...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7127.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	117768  
chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:19 PM   #700
Rock Chalk Jayhawks! KU!!!

Houston and Ford scare no one...

BDB scares no one...

3 over priced players that desperately need replaced.
Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:21 PM   #701
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Yeah I mean when you lead the league in sacks you dont have to do a whole overhaul. I like Houston but he might be that complimentary pass rusher at this point. I'm with you on tagging Ford but if a team throws a 2 and 3 our way I'd trade him.

Heres where it gets a little tricky for me under this scenario: you trade Ford you should have a little bit of cash to play with. Do you gamble on a guy like Thomas and get him on a 1 year deal? Lot of risk reward with Thomas/Berry.
I don't think Thomas is taking a one year deal after the shit Seattle pulled, which is understandable on his end.

I think if I'm wanting to make a splash for my secondary, I'm shopping for a corner and doing it aggressively. I'd call Jacksonville and see what it takes to get either Bouye or Ramsey.

If you can also somehow land Thomas and make it all work, yeah sure I'd do it. But I think it'll take a 3-4 year deal to get it done.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:27 PM   #702
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
I don't think Thomas is taking a one year deal after the shit Seattle pulled, which is understandable on his end.

I think if I'm wanting to make a splash for my secondary, I'm shopping for a corner and doing it aggressively. I'd call Jacksonville and see what it takes to get either Bouye or Ramsey.

If you can also somehow land Thomas and make it all work, yeah sure I'd do it. But I think it'll take a 3-4 year deal to get it done.
Yeah I'd go for Ramsey. Hard to imagine Thomas getting a long term deal after consecutive injury plagued seasons.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:27 PM   #703
Veteran

Man, I dunno about Speaks. Maybe he can move to DT. Spags likes undersized DT's. I hated that pick with a passion and still hate it.

I have been wanting to switch to a 4-3 for years but now that the Chiefs were this close to a SB with Mahomes, I'm worried about it.
jaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli

Old 01-23-2019, 09:27 PM   #704
In Search of a Life

Quote:
You're not going to grocery shop over some maybe's down the road in a today league with a team that expects to win now.
The Ragland example shows that Sutton was way out of touch. It's not that veach gave him the wrong players. It's that he picked the right players to fit the wrong scheme.

This offseason... It felt like they were leaning to a hybrid or 4-3 front. Maybe they had confidence Sutton could run it. Maybe he asked for it. But if we're talking scheme change, now we're talking about possibly some right players for the right scheme for the wrong coach. Possibly.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:30 PM   #705
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, Rex Ryan was a very heavy user of dime as well.
The biggest red flag from any DC candidate should be "I run x". **** that. You use what works best for the players you have against the teams you face. It's not like the Baltimore guys were shat from the womb thinking "I believe in an amoeba defense." Similarly, the Chargers shouldn't think to themselves, "We should run a quarter defense every week." Sometimes it will work (Lamar Jackson) other times you'll get mauled (Patriots).

Even the Patriots have flushed that 3-4 philosophy. They just lineup the best way to match the personnel on the field. 4-3, 3-4, nickel, whatever. That's what every team should do. With that said, I don't think that teams should target the old "front seven" players for base defenses.

If you're looking at a corner, the only real debates are if they are more zone or press-man, and if they're outside or more of a slot corner. You need to run both at various times.

If you're looking at a safety, you probably want two players with more of a free safety skill set and other safeties that have the hybridized SS/LB role.

Aside from that, your other positions should be pass rusher, defensive tackle, and linebacker.

Find guys who can do that job (the Chiefs don't have nearly enough), and then put them in a position to succeed by having some dynamism with your game plan and adjustments.

If you want to send a wacky blitz every so often to **** with the QB then do it, but don't rely on it. If you want to force the QB to make accurate throws up the seam, then play zone, but don't be completely dependent upon it.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0    
Closed Thread