Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-22-2018, 02:30 PM  
Andy Reid Supporter

**Official Chiefs 2018 Training Camp Thread**

A new era is born!

Mods please feel free to update this OP. Someone please put the twitter scroll in this post as well.'

Last edited by DaFace; 07-23-2018 at 09:07 AM..
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 01:22 PM   #751
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

I really hate it for the Chargers. I just hope we don’t have these same issues. I know someone will get hurt, likely many, but in July? Sheesh.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 01:23 PM   #752
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
I really hate it for the Chargers. I just hope we don’t have these same issues. I know someone will get hurt, likely many, but in July? Sheesh.
If you think the safety position looks weak now, just wait until Berry inevitably gets hurt again.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 01:24 PM   #753
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Not to mention the guy was pretty ****ing productive in his lone start last year going up against a fellow rookie that was a 1st rounder.

The lack of patience with youmg players is ridiculously ignorant.
I never declare draft picks to be failures without first seeing them fail consistently, and Tanoh had yet to demonstrate ANY kind of pattern (for failure or success) simply because he wasn't on the field ever. That's how you develop a player like that, and it was smart on Reid and Sutton's part. Basically, he got a redshirt year just like Mahomes did.

That being said, I DID complain about the pick when it was made and throughout the regular season last year because it nearly perfectly encapsulated Dorsey's draft strategy and why it could and often did lead to problems.

Tanoh had the cards stacked against him for a 2nd round pick, and I don't think that's an unfair statement to make even if he ends up being a great player. When he was drafted, his role was undefined-- people didn't know if he would play DL or OLB or be some worthless tweener. His college production compared to the level of competition he faced was also a huge concern-- people just didn't know what he was being asked to do in college that made those numbers so low. Compared to another freak athlete we drafted high like Poe, we were at least able to point to the tremendous upside and say, "His coaches weren't using him properly and didn't seem to care about getting him to play with leverage." I don't think it was clear what Tanoh was doing "wrong" in college that led to him to not successfully using his Samson strength and Stretch Armstrong length to his advantage.

I think it's possible to bemoan a draft pick and not shit on the player, necessarily.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 01:31 PM   #754
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
https://www.chiefs.com/news/second-y...?sf194560615=1

This is, in my opinion, the most under-appreciated development in camp. This would be soooo huge if he turns into a Kearse-type player.
Man, he just looks so out of place at OLB. Would be nice for it to workout, but damn, that athleticism could be such a force inside vs guards and centers.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 01:40 PM   #755
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Man, he just looks so out of place at OLB. Would be nice for it to workout, but damn, that athleticism could be such a force inside vs guards and centers.
A guy like that with his gifts should be able to make plays all over the LOS. We should move him around a lot.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 01:48 PM   #756
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
I never declare draft picks to be failures without first seeing them fail consistently, and Tanoh had yet to demonstrate ANY kind of pattern (for failure or success) simply because he wasn't on the field ever. That's how you develop a player like that, and it was smart on Reid and Sutton's part. Basically, he got a redshirt year just like Mahomes did.

That being said, I DID complain about the pick when it was made and throughout the regular season last year because it nearly perfectly encapsulated Dorsey's draft strategy and why it could and often did lead to problems.

Tanoh had the cards stacked against him for a 2nd round pick, and I don't think that's an unfair statement to make even if he ends up being a great player. When he was drafted, his role was undefined-- people didn't know if he would play DL or OLB or be some worthless tweener. His college production compared to the level of competition he faced was also a huge concern-- people just didn't know what he was being asked to do in college that made those numbers so low. Compared to another freak athlete we drafted high like Poe, we were at least able to point to the tremendous upside and say, "His coaches weren't using him properly and didn't seem to care about getting him to play with leverage." I don't think it was clear what Tanoh was doing "wrong" in college that led to him to not successfully using his Samson strength and Stretch Armstrong length to his advantage.

I think it's possible to bemoan a draft pick and not shit on the player, necessarily.
That’s definitely fair. I wasn’t thrilled with the pick either, especially when they announced that he was going to be an OLB.

Last edited by staylor26; 07-31-2018 at 01:53 PM..
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 01:48 PM   #757
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
If you think the safety position looks weak now, just wait until Berry inevitably gets hurt again.
I'd call the Achilles the only "real" injury. The knee was a hit job and the cancer was a freak thing.
Posted via Mobile Device
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:02 PM   #758
Veteran

Somehow, fans would still find a way to criticize Dorsey's drafts.

He was outstanding at drafting.

Tanoh might very well prove to be another hit for him.

I trusted Dorsey all the way when it came to drafting.
Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:09 PM   #759
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckweath View Post

Was he though? I mean, yeah he definitely had some hits. But is it really that much more than the average?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:10 PM   #760
My Mamma Says

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Negative Nancy..... Debbie Downer... Bet you he plays the whole year..
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:10 PM   #761
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckweath View Post

He was okay at finding offensive talent, complete shit at drafting defense.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:11 PM   #762
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

His hits were big but they were also shortcuts in many ways. Look at Peters. Only got 3 years out of him.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:17 PM   #763
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post

This is exactly why I liked this years draft. All players were from big schools and had extensive experience playing positions similar to what they are now playing with us and they are ready to go day 1.

The first 2 rds for sure need to be players with decent floors. Unless it’s a QB, get the raw, small school high ceiling guys in the mid rds.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:18 PM   #764
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
A guy like that with his gifts should be able to make plays all over the LOS. We should move him around a lot.
The Chiefs have been putting Chris Jones in a stand-up role in a few different packages this training camp. Justin Houston, the vet, already IS playing at every position, both on and off the line. Speaks is a rookie, and we're mostly working on finding him a home at OLB, but he's a former DT, and you can bet we're going to eventually move him around all different spots in the front 7.

Our safeties don't really have defined roles. Fuller and Nelson are both going to be used to defend outside and in the slot.

It's pretty clear that the Chiefs value players who do all kinds of things in all kinds of different formations in order to confuse offenses and mask their intentions when they line up. We've always done that since Sutton got here, but with a pick like Kpassagnon, I can at the very least respect that they don't believe in necessarily taking the player who will play the best in a particular defined position.

If they think an important future trend of defense in the NFL is having do-it-all players like Kpassagnon with the physical gifts to be disruptive no matter where they are, then I will be more than willing to chalk up my distrust of picking guys that high to my lack of understanding as a mere fan and not being able to think about things outside the box.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:22 PM   #765
MVP

Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.