Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-03-2023, 09:12 AM   #2
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Pending FA and he was placed on the commissioners exempt list.

There wasn't really anyone to cut at that point. On the commissioners list he becomes a non-entity for roster purposes and now he's just a free agent (that nobody is going to touch this off-season).

Urias likely had a $100 million outburst. I'm not sure, with multiple documented DV incidents, he'll ever pitch in the big leagues again. There's always a bit of a "yeah, but he did it with the Dodgers and their fairy dust" element to Dodger free agent SPs. Combine that with a relatively soft platform season for him and ultimately his age won't matter.

He was going to be probably the top FA starting pitcher on the market with Ohtani down. That's pretty much a guaranteed 4 year, $100 million deal especially with as young as he is.

And he flushed it.
And it's not like he did it in the privacy of his own home. Dude did it outside the stadium...reportedly with people filming it.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 09:15 AM   #3
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
And it's not like he did it in the privacy of his own home. Dude did it outside the stadium...reportedly with people filming it.
And that's evidently the SECOND time he's done that in full view of teammates/celebrities.

I mean **** me, what's the guy do behind closed doors?

The weird thing is that Bauer was treated as the most rotten piece of subhuman shit to walk the earth while Urias just...disappeared. The Dodgers had no problem vilifying Bauer but they just quietly non-personed Urias.

I have some thoughts on that but I don't suppose this is the right board for those comments...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 09:17 AM   #4
Hockey Town

Quote:
And that's evidently the SECOND time he's done that in full view of teammates/celebrities.

I mean **** me, what's the guy do behind closed doors?

The weird thing is that Bauer was treated as the most rotten piece of subhuman shit to walk the earth while Urias just...disappeared. The Dodgers had no problem vilifying Bauer but they just quietly non-personed Urias.

I have some thoughts on that but I don't suppose this is the right board for those comments...
Bauer got that treatment because the commissioner hates him, the chance to nail him to the wall was taken as soon as it could be. On top of that no one one on the Dodgers defended him, you had players saying they didn't want him back.

It went to "oh well people that know this guy don't like him so it fits"
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 09:20 AM   #5
World's Best Boss

Quote:
l

This was the point I was less eloquently trying to make.

Quote:

(Whispers: Steven Wright is the only comp I can think of)

Last edited by Chiefspants; 10-03-2023 at 09:26 AM..
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 09:23 AM   #6
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
This was the point I was less eloquently trying to make.
The issue is before anything happened, no one was aware of Urias other than he's a pitcher on the Dodgers.

People have thought Bauer was an asshole for quite a long time, including teammates. The commissioner openly hates him and he would do things to needle the commissioner.

Bauer was made an example of by a commish with a thin skin.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 09:46 AM   #7
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
The issue is before anything happened, no one was aware of Urias other than he's a pitcher on the Dodgers.

People have thought Bauer was an asshole for quite a long time, including teammates. The commissioner openly hates him and he would do things to needle the commissioner.

Bauer was made an example of by a commish with a thin skin.
But this is the SECOND time it's happened with Urias.

If you'll recall, he was suspended for (I think) half a season for a previous DV incident that happened in front of teammates.

No, people knew Urias was a bit of a dirtbag before this.

And it's not just the commissioner, the 'commentariat' class has largely ignored Urias while absolutely barbecuing Bauer.

Just can't help but wonder what the distinction may be...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 09:50 AM   #8
Hockey Town

Quote:
But this is the SECOND time it's happened with Urias.

If you'll recall, he was suspended for (I think) half a season for a previous DV incident that happened in front of teammates.

No, people knew Urias was a bit of a dirtbag before this.

And it's not just the commissioner, the 'commentariat' class has largely ignored Urias while absolutely barbecuing Bauer.

Just can't help but wonder what the distinction may be...
I think it also played in that the Dodgers were all in on the idea they could get out of Bauers contract.

Bauer has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way and they tried to basically destroy him when given the chance because "**** that guy"
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote