Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-29-2018, 09:38 AM  
You Sweetie!

-- Let's talk about counting calories & routine

Hi Guys,

I'm up to a 36 waist - thanks to Del Taco and a few others. As well as eating pretty poorly over the last year, or so.

I'm on a strict regimen now and doing a three week diet and then merging it into a new way of life. I have a history of eating well (normally) - but, again; have been quite clumsy over the past year or so.

My plan is to limit myself to 1100 calories a day the first week, then up to 1200 the second week, and then stay on or around 1500 calories as the norm, with one cheat day per week.

After the third week - I'll get back into some sort of exercise, which too will be part of the new 'way of life'

In this thread I'd like to discuss food ideas for assisting myself (& others) with weight loss.

Since Monday I've not gone above 1100 calories/daily - I have eaten oatmeal, oranges, bananas, hard-boiled eggs and in closing, in the evening - I'll eat one of the Chick Fil A Spicy, grilled chicken wraps w/o dressing (350 cals)

I'm open to ideas - but the goal is - finding items that are a little less common and more creative.

Please assist at your leisure - anyone else need assistance or interested in jumping aboard, I welcome it.

Thanks again

Last edited by Simply Red; 03-29-2018 at 09:45 AM..
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:04 PM   #481
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyEvel View Post
Well let's see, 77 days sober and lost 12 Lbs so far without much else changed in terms of diet or intake.
Went from 250 to 238 and hope to get to 225 in another three months. Maybe even 220 if I'm not crazy.
Great job!! Midwest knows how to pack on the pounds.
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:04 PM   #482
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
Why wait? Do it tomorrow!
$$ - I just paid 12k to the government as well as two other large expenses.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:06 PM   #483
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
$$ - I just paid 12k to the government as well as two other large expenses.
Gotcha. Planet fitness is cheap as hell if you have one close to you.
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:11 PM   #484
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
Gotcha. Planet fitness is cheap as hell if you have one close to you.
I do. Thanks
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 05:55 AM   #485
Keep doubting J MFing Houston

I will never understand the plight of people who need to lose weight.
I had a roommate who lost 100lbs and was in awe of her discipline as I shoveled everything I could find into my face and never broke 32".
I encouraged her and constantly told her I could see results but she probably hated my guts while I was power ****ing my 99lber in the next room.
beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:22 AM   #486
Go Beavers!

I was right at 500 calories yesterday. Weight was 216.2 lbs this morning, a new low for the month. Today is a 2500 cal up day.

I have been weighing and tracking absolutely everything I eat. I had a cheap digital scale but the display faced up, which made it hard to read. I would have to put a bowl on it and then balance a plate on that and even then, the display was hard to see. I decided to splurge and get a scale with a front facing display. I got it yesterday and it is pretty nice. It has a nice big weighing surface too, so no more trying to balance a pan of food on a bowl sitting on a smaller scale.

It was funny looking at scales on Amazon. There were people looking for scales with precision down to .01 grams. Pretty sure they weren't planning on weight their food.

I've been weighing stuff instead of taking the label in faith. I had some bagels that where the serving size was 1 bagel at 99 grams. Weighing them, they were more like 115 g, so instead of 250 calories, they were closer to 300. That adds up over time.
Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:23 AM   #487
Go Beavers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach tribe View Post
I had a roommate who lost 100lbs and was in awe of her discipline as I shoveled everything I could find into my face and never broke 32".
I encouraged her and constantly told her I could see results but she probably hated my guts while I was power ****ing my 99lber in the next room.
Thank you for your contribution to this thread.

****er.
Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:39 AM   #488
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach tribe View Post
You dont seem nice.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2018, 08:14 AM   #489
Veteran

I have been doing a Low Carb diet and have made a pledge to do it for 12 weeks (I am on week 2) and see how I get on. I don't really calorie count instead I just count my meals and try to stick to 2 satiating meals a day through a fasting 18-6 protocol.

I am lucky in that I work a Stones throw away from my gym so I work out twice a day.

I tend to lift heavy but I only do 3 exercises

Morning:
12 minute Cycle
Bicep Curls
Rows
Lat Pull Down
30 minute Swim

Lunch: 30 minute Treadmill

Breakfast: My first Meal is normally at 2pm

Chicken Thigh Salad

Dinner: When I get home my last meal is normally around 7-8 pm

Steak Mushrooms and Broccoli

Repeat
Danguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-19-2018, 07:24 AM   #490
Go Beavers!

I came in right at 2400 calories yesterday. Despite being under my target, I had a weird bump in weight, to 218.6 lbs. I had a fairly salty dinner so maybe that was it. Anyway, it's a down day today so 500 calories is the goal.
Old 04-19-2018, 07:46 AM   #491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danguardace View Post
I have been doing a Low Carb diet and have made a pledge to do it for 12 weeks (I am on week 2) and see how I get on. I don't really calorie count instead I just count my meals and try to stick to 2 satiating meals a day through a fasting 18-6 protocol.

I am lucky in that I work a Stones throw away from my gym so I work out twice a day.

Morning:
12 minute Cycle
Bicep Curls
Rows
Lat Pull Down
30 minute Swim

Chicken Thigh Salad

Repeat
Why only 12 weeks? You have something happening at the end of 12 weeks?
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:08 AM   #492
Go Beavers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Why only 12 weeks? You have something happening at the end of 12 weeks?
Your kidneys explode if you go longer.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:14 AM   #493

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Your kidneys explode if you go longer.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:17 AM   #494
Seeking the Truth daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danguardace View Post

Morning:
12 minute Cycle
Bicep Curls
Rows
Lat Pull Down
30 minute Swim

Chicken Thigh Salad

Repeat
I lost 50 in 6 months last year and back on again, today day 18.

The food choices go way beyong your start but you do get the idea...its eliminate carbs to the very best of your ability, focus on fiber in form of low carb veg, and get your energy from protein that has some fat. The plan being you will burn fat...

I found it hard to include alcohol in any form in the diet...it throws my metabolism into reverse. Plus I like bourbon, beer and wine and the idea of "a glass", or "a beer" is not in the cards...so I go 100% off.

I do a lot with boneless chicken breast from Costco and they sell a Swift Premium Pork Sirloin roast that is amazing and can be cooked a million ways with no carbs. I do eat steak but limit to once a week. I can destroy a PastaHouse style salad. We do a lot of fish...cod baked with lemon and olive oil and fresh garlic is amazing, left over makes Cod cakes....Salmon as well. Love Costco for that. Tuna salad with hard boiled eggs and chopped sweet jalepenos is awesome.

I do a 1 hour hard treadmill workout when I can, and when Im at farm, I have a 1/4 mile driveway on a major hill that I do laps on...6 round trips /66 minutes and will bust a nut.

I have found certain rituals help....im a big coffeee drinker, I have a mid afternoon coffee and relax doing it. 10 minutes to just clear my head helps..and Ive rediscovered coffee mate. I like that little extra richness without a carb load. And I have taken to grinding great decaf beans and having a cup around 8 pm -9 pm...sort of the reward at the end of a successful low carb day.

It works for sure...keep after it.
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:24 AM   #495
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan View Post
I lost 50 in 6 months last year and back on again, today day 18.
When you put it down put it down forever...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.