Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-21-2020, 02:23 PM   #8611
I got Rice cookin in the micro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
ESPN reporter Edward Aschoff died in December from pneumonia at age 34... you can select anecdotal cases of almost any illness to promote hysteria/panic if that is your objective.
John Clayton smothered him in his sleep
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 02:23 PM   #8612
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklandhater View Post

how any one can compare this to swine is beyond me.
From the article that was published today.

Quote:
Her test results have still not come back.
So no confirmation that it was from this virus?
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2020, 02:24 PM   #8613
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
So this other dude says lungs can’t self-repair and you agree.

He says this virus causes damage to the lungs so I ask how they’re sure of that. You ask me how they’d know if it was permanent after only 2-3 months.

If the lungs can’t repair themselves as you say then any damage they receive would be permanent, no?

Why don’t you two just provide some links to legitimate scientific articles? You’re just a couple jamokes on a message board. Why would I take anything you’re saying at face value?
your conflating different diseases and issues. Please see my earlier post on how the lungs get oxygen into the body.

Longer term smoking can cause damage to those alveoli or not. Depends on how much and how long you smoked.

When you smoke you basically burn off the cilia. These cilia are what help you remove phlegm from your lungs. I have a 13 pack year history of smoking. When I quit, the cilia grew back and I didn’t damage the avolei. So under your reference point, the lungs did self heal.

But, you damage the alveoli. That’s it. They are forever damaged.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2020, 02:25 PM   #8614
Plays to win the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonpenz View Post
Oh Damn teachers can get more time off from the 3 ****ing months they already have off. It wouldn't hurt teachers to thank tax payers every once in awhile either.
Teachers signed a contract, schools have to pay them. For once in their lives, being a teacher was actually a good decision. Teachers get paid shit for babysitting shitty kids from even shittier parents. Teachers don't get support and get thrown under the bus constantly from shitty school districts due to shittier parents threatening shitty frivolous lawsuits for everything their shitty kid does while they're not around. Teachers don't owe tax payers anything.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 02:27 PM   #8615
It was not a fair catch

Found two masks in the garage today from home depot. I had a pack of three when I painted the garage and bought a 3 pack. The mask said N95 on it. I am going to send them to my In laws in CA. They think they are coming home in few weeks.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2020, 02:28 PM   #8616
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Data from China shows the majority of people with Covid-19 only suffer mild symptoms, then recover

Last month, scientists from the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention published a research paper analyzing the data for the first 72,314 people diagnosed with Covid-19.

The researchers also looked at how severe the illness was for those who were diagnosed. The good news: more than 80% experienced only mild symptoms. Almost 14% were classed as severe cases, while the condition of almost 5% was determined to be critical.
Link to full article: https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/20/healt...ntl/index.html
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2020, 02:29 PM   #8617
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
Teachers signed a contract, schools have to pay them. For once in their lives, being a teacher was actually a good decision. Teachers get paid shit for babysitting shitty kids from even shittier parents. Teachers don't get support and get thrown under the bus constantly from shitty school districts due to shittier parents threatening shitty frivolous lawsuits for everything their shitty kid does while they're not around. Teachers don't owe tax payers anything.
If were are going to go online the rest of the semester-I am going to break my leave and do online work. I am trying to be part of the solution.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 02:32 PM   #8618
Mod Team

Reached out to a local distillery last week about sanitation products after the FDA rolled back regulations for healthcare facilities. We are running dangerously low. Owner was awesome and by end the week provided us with 5 gallons of sanitation product at 80%. And their whiskey game ain't bad either.

Adventurous Stills in Tempe. Pay them a visit once this is over and if you're in town.

http://www.adventstills.com/whiskey-and-spirits/

lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2020, 02:32 PM   #8619
I love your mom

Quote:
ESPN reporter Edward Aschoff died in December from pneumonia at age 34... you can select anecdotal cases of almost any illness to promote hysteria/panic if that is your objective.
looks like he got pneumonia because of cancer not a virus he could spread into the community. not quit the same thing.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/26/media...rnd/index.html
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 03-21-2020, 02:32 PM   #8620
It was not a fair catch

My kids college online for the rest of the semester. She is crushed.
Old 03-21-2020, 02:35 PM   #8621
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
your conflating different diseases and issues. Please see my earlier post on how the lungs get oxygen into the body.

Longer term smoking can cause damage to those alveoli or not. Depends on how much and how long you smoked.

When you smoke you basically burn off the cilia. These cilia are what help you remove phlegm from your lungs. I have a 13 pack year history of smoking. When I quit, the cilia grew back and I didn’t damage the avolei. So under your reference point, the lungs did self heal.

But, you damage the alveoli. That’s it. They are forever damaged.
better explanation than mine thanks.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 03-21-2020, 02:36 PM   #8622

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Reached out to a local distillery last week about sanitation products after the FDA rolled back regulations for healthcare facilities. We are running dangerously low. Owner was awesome and by end the week provided us with 5 gallons of sanitation product at 80%. And their whiskey game ain't bad either.

Adventurous Stills in Tempe. Pay them a visit once this is over and if you're in town.

http://www.adventstills.com/whiskey-and-spirits/

I took about 5 buckets of hand sanitizer from my local brewery to a nursing home this week. The owners are making the hand santizer for free. volunteers are transporting it to Nursing homes and hospitals. It’s happening all over the USA.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2020, 02:40 PM   #8623
El Diablo

Quote:
Lets say 50% of people get this in the USA. (180 million). Whats 20% of that, whats the 5% of critical?

36 million with Pneumonia + like symptoms, 8.5 million with Critical may not make it alive type symptoms (ARDS)

While 80% (the vast majority of people) 144 million will jut experience a bad flu or less.. those other millions are impressive numbers to deal with.
carlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 03-21-2020, 02:42 PM   #8624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
better explanation than mine thanks.
explained it 20X a day for 10 years.
Old 03-21-2020, 02:43 PM   #8625
future chiefs fans

oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.