Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-10-2024, 04:02 PM  
Kind of a mod

Rashee Rice [arrested and now out on bail]

The other thread is a dumpster fire. I'm sure this will become one as well, but might as well start with a clean slate. I'll at least try to keep the OP updated with any notable news. Feel free to PM me if I miss anything good.

Arrest warrant and potential charges:
Spoiler!

Analysis from a defense attorney:
Spoiler!

Turned himself in and now out on bail:
Spoiler!

Random minutiae:
Spoiler!

Last edited by DaFace; 04-16-2024 at 09:11 AM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2024, 02:40 AM   #1456
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedinTexas View Post
Allowing players to gamble is a mobster's dream come true. All they need is one guy to lose a little too much and get desperate. They don't even offer the guy money. They offer to forgive all of his debt. All he has to do is shave points in a game for them and he's out of debt.

Henry Hill (Goodfellas fame) was involved in a point-shaving scandal with Boston College men's basketball. Henry said all they have to do is get you to shave points once, and they own you. After that they'll demand you shave points in every single game you play. If you won't play along, they'll let it go public that you participated in a point shaving scandal. So the players go along with it and it just gets worse and worse.

The league knows this is how it works and they'll make an example of anyone that violates the rule. The point is not to get the player to never do it again, but to put the fear of God into all of the other players.
So you're saying Kadarius Toney is debt free?

I kid! I kid!
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-12-2024, 04:45 AM   #1457
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
No, the point is to make you think it never happens. That's not how human nature works though.

You slept with a convict at the prison it was a felony and you picked up a sex crime. That's not one you want.
Didn't stop us from walking out 2 people a month for it. Two a month. And that's just the people that got caught. Of course it happens. Everything happens...
I agree that the NFL wants us to think it never happens, but ultimately, what they want is for it never to happen. So, I would disagree, but only in the order of what it is they want. Good point though.
RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.
Old 07-12-2024, 08:39 AM   #1458
MVP

So... what's the latest with his suspension? Timeline to decision?
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 07-12-2024, 09:05 AM   #1459
I am Number Six

No one knows.

And, I doubt anyone is going to know anytime soon, so my personal take is going to be "sit back, relax, and realize I have absolutely no control over anything going on". What will happen will happen, regardless of my personal feelings/opinions on the matter.

But, that's not going to stop the rampant pronouncements of eminent doom from some and gloating from others.

So, the merry-go-round continues . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
So... what's the latest with his suspension? Timeline to decision?
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.
Old 07-12-2024, 09:31 AM   #1460
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimo View Post
I'm quite aware of the reasoning, I wasn't born yesterday. I'm saying it's faulty reasoning and there are plenty of people saying actually, it's pretty freaking disingenuous to be out here promoting DraftKings every chance you get and then acting morally outraged when NFL players make a bet. Again, monitor them. They can't bet on games they're in. Fine. He didn't do that.

I think that whole narrative will have changed in five years and we'll look back at Calvin Ridley's ban as even more of an embarrassment.
Look this is not difficult. There is no hypocrisy or conflict with the NFL promoting DraftKings etc....and banning players from betting. Its freaking common sense and the concept isn't unique.

When any company does some kind of raffle or giveaway, lets say a Radio station for example, employees of the station and their family members are barred from entering the contest? Why? Its clear as to why and nobody bitches about that do they?

The whole narrative is stupid. Oh my God players cant gamble!

So what? If they want to gamble so bad they can stop playing in the NFL. People act like its a constitutional right or something.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2024, 09:40 AM   #1461
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Look this is not difficult. There is no hypocrisy or conflict with the NFL promoting DraftKings etc....and banning players from betting. Its freaking common sense and the concept isn't unique.

When any company does some kind of raffle or giveaway, lets say a Radio station for example, employees of the station and their family members are barred from entering the contest? Why? Its clear as to why and nobody bitches about that do they?

The whole narrative is stupid. Oh my God players cant gamble!

So what? If they want to gamble so bad they can stop playing in the NFL. People act like its a constitutional right or something.
Spot on.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2024, 10:27 AM   #1462
MVP

This board loves to argue why things simply can't change. And yet they do change, unfailingly.

https://www.reuters.com/sports/nfl/p...ds-2024-02-08/
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-12-2024, 10:47 AM   #1463
In Search of a Life

Quote:
This board loves to argue why things simply can't change. And yet they do change, unfailingly.

https://www.reuters.com/sports/nfl/p...ds-2024-02-08/
It's really amazing how difficult this is for you. Who has a problem with these specific changes? Because changes were alread made we should just have zero restrictions?
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2024, 10:52 AM   #1464
MVP

Did I say we should have zero restrictions?
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-12-2024, 10:55 AM   #1465
In Search of a Life

Quote:
So we agree that there should be restrictions and that just because there's been change "unfailingly" doesn't mean that we should have endless change?

NFL players shouldn't be betting on NFL games. As long as they aren't doing that, zero issue with it, but you can't have that conflict of interest.
Old 07-12-2024, 11:31 AM   #1466
Diablo Negro

Quote:
What exceptions should we keep? People were complaining about Calvin Ridley getting suspended for betting on the NFL, should players be able to bet on the NFL?
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2024, 11:35 AM   #1467
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
What exceptions should we keep? People were complaining about Calvin Ridley getting suspended for betting on the NFL, should players be able to bet on the NFL?
Considering he's the one that brought Ridley up, I'm pretty sure his answer would be yes.
Old 07-12-2024, 11:53 AM   #1468
MVP

this thread is a high speed crash
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2024, 11:59 AM   #1469
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Considering he's the one that brought Ridley up, I'm pretty sure his answer would be yes.
Which would be epically dumb and will never happen. Players have too many connections with other players, trainers, coaches etc...around the league to allow it even if not betting on their own team. Its like having insider information.

Not going to happen nor should it. I don't care f they bet on baseball, basketball, whatever but not NFL football and probably not college for the same reasons.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2024, 12:56 PM   #1470
Rufus Dawes Jr.

I'm leaning to him playing the entire year with this cloud hanging over him. We win our third super bowl and then he gets suspended for the first two games of 2025.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote