Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:55 AM   #14071
Supporter

Weight Watchers (WW) is down to .89 and is laying off a bunch of people and is cutting 100M in expenses.

GLP-1 killed weight watchers.

Interesting.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 07:45 AM   #14072
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Weight Watchers (WW) is down to .89 and is laying off a bunch of people and is cutting 100M in expenses.

Interesting.
It sounds like they're really cutting the fat.

I didn't think about the drugs killing Industries like this. You'd think that people would still want the social support and diet support.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 07:49 AM   #14073
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Blood ****ing bath.
Today they're walking amongst the bodies and shooting anything that's still moving.

The past two weeks have been absolutely brutal. I have blood flowing from every financial orifice. My strategy of buying CDs for the past year has been great, but I've got enough tech that I'm still losing my shirt.

Last edited by Rain Man; Today at 08:10 AM..
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:49 AM   #14074
You gotta kill a few people

I read that even Oprah started taking Ozempic after yeeears of endorsing Weight Watchers. If true, had to be a killer for their clout.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:14 AM   #14075
Fish are scared of me

This is when monthly dividends really shine. The NAV erosion of everything else has no way out.

NVDY and AMZY I'm adding MOAR!
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:18 AM   #14076
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post

Interesting.
I'd be interested in seeing a profile of those laid off, I wonder if they fired all the fattys
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:51 PM   #14077
Mod Team

Mag 7 selling off on ERs, unfavorable job report, Amazon less than stellar earnings, dollar weakening even further.....recession looming???

We could see an actual correction, which is needed. We are only down 5.8% from ATH. I won't suggest bear market (20% down) but there's a lot of indicators flashing louder than they have in the past few years.

Last edited by lewdog; Today at 03:02 PM..
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:13 PM   #14078
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Mag 7 selling off on ERs, unfavorable job report, Amazon less than stellar earnings, dollar weakening even further.....recession looming???

We could see an actual correction, which is needed. We are only down 5.8% from ATH. I won't suggest bear market (20% down) but there's a lot of indicators flashing louder than they have in the past few years.
The thing I keep telling myself is that we were having a fantastic year, and even with this selloff I'm still up on the year in my investments. It's horrific right now, but it's really just taking back gains rather than inflicting losses.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:27 PM   #14079
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
The thing I keep telling myself is that we were having a fantastic year, and even with this selloff I'm still up on the year in my investments. It's horrific right now, but it's really just taking back gains rather than inflicting losses.
Definitely, could just be a much needed correction. This year we extended way too much and it couldn't last forever. Hope that's all it is but we shall see.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:41 PM   #14080
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Definitely, could just be a much needed correction. This year we extended way too much and it couldn't last forever. Hope that's all it is but we shall see.
Get ready for Mortgage defaults to start hitting. People that bought 4 years ago with variable rate loans bought what they could afford at the time. Now they are struggling if they got an adjustment. I've got 5 mortgages left on rentals that all adjusted in the last 12 months from 5% to 8.75%. I can raise rents, but people with a home mortgage just have to get a 2nd job. Meanwhile the property taxes have increased as well as fuel and groceries. Banks are going to get wrecked shortly or another bailout. Never ends.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:47 PM   #14081
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
Get ready for Mortgage defaults to start hitting. People that bought 4 years ago with variable rate loans bought what they could afford at the time. Now they are struggling if they got an adjustment. I've got 5 mortgages left on rentals that all adjusted in the last 12 months from 5% to 8.75%. I can raise rents, but people with a home mortgage just have to get a 2nd job. Meanwhile the property taxes have increased as well as fuel and groceries. Banks are going to get wrecked shortly or another bailout. Never ends.
I agree. Most signs point to that repeating. It is cyclical and it's coming soon (1-2 years), IMO.
Old Today, 04:19 PM   #14082
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

This made me curious about how common adjustable rate mortgages are. I never considered one when I bought my house a million years ago because the risk bothered me. I wondered if others feel the same.

According to the Fed, about 8 percent of households have adjustable mortgages. https://www.stlouisfed.org/on-the-ec...rate-mortgages

Surprisingly, it's more common among high-income households than low-income households according to that article. I would have assumed that lower-income households would be more willing to take the risk because they had no choice.

And if you look at fixed-rate mortgages as an approximation, rates are about 2.2 percent higher than they were five years ago according to this chart: https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/MORTGAGE30US

It seems like there's a little window of people for the next two years who'll get screwed by higher rates, but then they'll go down for people who bought after that. You'll also get a massive wave of people who got high fixed-rate loans over the past three years, and they'll be refinancing.

I don't think it'll be a large percentage of people who got adjustable rates in that two-year window and are about to get sodomized. Maybe that's enough to cause problems for the economy with defaults or maybe not. I don't know that kind of stuff. But I do think there'll be a lot more people who'll benefit by refinancing fixed loans down.

It's an interesting thing to think about.
Old Today, 04:22 PM   #14083
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
And mother****ing insurance. That bullshit is through the ****ing roof.

But are there really fools out there with adjustable rate primary mortgages? There was absolutely no chance in any primary mortgage I've ever had would stick that bitch on an ARM. I had to fight to lock my farmland mortgage. I don't want any of that heat.

Maybe young morons that have never seen interest. Maybe.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 04:24 PM   #14084
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
This made me curious about how common adjustable rate mortgages are. I never considered one when I bought my house a million years ago because the risk bothered me. I wondered if others feel the same.

According to the Fed, about 8 percent of households have adjustable mortgages. https://www.stlouisfed.org/on-the-ec...rate-mortgages

Surprisingly, it's more common among high-income households than low-income households according to that article. I would have assumed that lower-income households would be more willing to take the risk because they had no choice.

And if you look at fixed-rate mortgages as an approximation, rates are about 2.2 percent higher than they were five years ago according to this chart: https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/MORTGAGE30US

It seems like there's a little window of people for the next two years who'll get screwed by higher rates, but then they'll go down for people who bought after that. You'll also get a massive wave of people who got high fixed-rate loans over the past three years, and they'll be refinancing.

I don't think it'll be a large percentage of people who got adjustable rates in that two-year window and are about to get sodomized. Maybe that's enough to cause problems for the economy with defaults or maybe not. I don't know that kind of stuff. But I do think there'll be a lot more people who'll benefit by refinancing fixed loans down.

It's an interesting thing to think about.
8% is a hell of a lot more than I anticipated.

I guess right now I wouldn't feel too bad about an ARM. Save fees for a refinance.

But my ass would have to buy a shoebox in a gutter if I were going to give up my mortgage today.
Old Today, 04:28 PM   #14085
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Definitely some rough days...yikes...
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.