Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2024, 09:55 PM   #14056
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
I show MSTY on my spreadsheet on 5/3/24 at 29.49 it's paid dividends of 2.52, 3.03, 2.33 since for a total of 7.88 which is a 26.7% return on investment in 3 months meaning in 12 months all your initial investment is returned and everything after that is free money, Doesn't matter if the share price has gone up or down. It's all free money after that. That's the way dividend investors look at these.
The current stock price is 25.26, for a "loss" of 14.3% on the capital. At some point if the capital gets eaten up, they'll do a reverse split like TSLY has already had to do and when you lose shares, you lose dividend income paired with loss in capital.

You are still taking on inherent downside risk while limiting the upside you could be getting on a major move up like NVDA has shown. It just makes little sense.

Using the "dividend" as free money argument is so misleading when capital (share price) continues to decline with downside moves.

I think if you time an entry well you could do well for 6-12 months, but then I would move on. If you had picked TSLY last year, you'd have been ****ed.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 10:01 PM   #14057
Mod Team

SPYI QQQY FEPI are ones you should maybe consider. Not one specifically for NVDA as the underlying and such.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2024, 10:34 PM   #14058
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
SPYI QQQY FEPI are ones you should maybe consider. Not one specifically for NVDA as the underlying and such.

Nope, I've run those, Yes they are considered safe but they will take forever to build anything.

What people can't understand and it IS difficult to see with simple calculation is that when you throw a moderate sum of money at the right ones you have to realize that every time you reinvest dividends you're now getting dividends off of dividends and the next month you're getting dividends off your original investment and dividends off your last months dividends and then dividend off your current dividends. It creates a snowball that becomes massive quickly.

I've run all the numbers through spreadsheets to see how it develops. I took a set of funds that pay week 1 and reinvested those into funds that pay week two , then week two into week 3 , then week 3 into week 4 and then week 4 into week one and it gave me this:

In June of 2024 monthly dividend starting with I believe it was a $17,000 investment was a $1,300 pay out, by december it was a $1638 monthly pay out
December of 2025 $3200
December of 2026 $5500
December of 2027 $9650

December of 2030 $54,000

December of 2032 $174,000

December of 2034 $546,000
December of 2035 $975,000

Taxes were not figured in accordingly so take that into consideration, it's just to illustrate the snowball created by dividend reinvestment.

People can't see that . There are people in the High Yield community achieving close to 1 Million a month right now. That's why I want to really kick my snowball into high gear here real soon.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2024, 09:35 PM   #14059
Veteran

Do any have a track record longer than 18 months?
UteChief has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2024, 07:50 AM   #14060
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteChief View Post
Do any have a track record longer than 18 months?
The High Yield funds just kicked off the end of 2022

There's a ton more coming out in August

Last edited by Hog's Gone Fishin; 07-12-2024 at 10:00 AM..
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2024, 11:58 AM   #14061
Fish are scared of me

Mike just put out a video on these, he's spot on

Old 07-12-2024, 08:53 PM   #14062
Veteran

Yeah I can’t watch this ****ing guy.
UteChief has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:30 PM   #14063
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Well today was not a winning day for the market, ouch.. Sheesh!
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 02:42 PM   #14064
Starter

Brutal and it had been going so well.
myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.
Old Yesterday, 02:55 PM   #14065
TACO SALAD

S&P finished down 2+%. That broke a really long steak. I know it was over a year since we'd had a day down 2%.
ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Yesterday, 04:11 PM   #14066
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

At this point I feel like I'm holding TSLA just because doing taxes on stock sales is really ****ing annoying to me even though it's simple (even though the auto filler literally never works).

I even find myself laughing at hardcore TSLA holders when stupid shit happens with Elon/Tesla updates even though I'm a holder myself. What a situation I find myself in.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:40 PM   #14067
Mod Team

Just giving us a dip to rip!!!!
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM   #14068
Cheat Death

Loading up on dividend stocks

Free money
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote