Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:50 PM   #13921
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1025 View Post
I don't even trust deaths because if someone is dying from heart disease, for example, he will count as a COVID death if he test positive regardless if he was showing symptoms.
True but the figures for deaths are far more accurate that the number of cases. Estimates range from 5x-100x as many cases go undetected as those that are detected.
AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:52 PM   #13922
Inmem 2.0

I walked 5 miles today people dont know personal space especially the bums
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:53 PM   #13923
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
If that data is based on new cases it is useless. Our increase in new cases could be entirely a function of increased testing. Right now the only stat that I trust is deaths. I highly doubt there are many Covid deaths that are going unreported.

Does anyone have deaths broken out by nation and charted on a logarithmic scale?
I’m sure there are a lot of deaths at the first of this outbreak that occurred because of the virus and the person was never tested for the coronavirus.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:57 PM   #13924
My Mamma Says

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Last I heard Swope Memorial and Shoal Creek in Missouri are. You have to reserve and pay online clubhouse and driving range closed no carts walk only. Shoal Creek is a nice public course and Swope is short tight and hilly.
Played Winterstone Sunday.. get your own cart if you want.. they say they have sanitized them but all I saw is a kid wiping them with a wet towel.. not sure what was on the towel so I used a Clorox wipe on mine.. still lots of guys riding together.. Course was busy.. leave the flagstick in and a raised piece of plastic keeps you from touching the cup..my foursome didn’t get within 6 ft of each other..
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 07:05 PM   #13925
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
It’s been near 90 degrees with humidity almost every day the past two weeks here and that hasn’t had much impact.
Based on what though? Two weeks isn't anything when it can take two weeks to start showing symptoms.

Considering it's hanging out at roughly 100° inside, I'd think the heat on the outside has much more to do with spreading it via surfaces... and without massive testing for those not showing symptoms, I don't think you could draw any conclusions on the spread of the virus for approximately a month.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:06 PM   #13926
In Search of a Life

They’re gonna start random serology testing here quickly. That will be interesting to see
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:06 PM   #13927
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
Bring on the triple digits - Said no one ever
Bring on the triple digits - Says everyone now
I ****ing hate winter, bring it on.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:09 PM   #13928
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman34 View Post
Played Winterstone Sunday.. get your own cart if you want.. they say they have sanitized them but all I saw is a kid wiping them with a wet towel.. not sure what was on the towel so I used a Clorox wipe on mine.. still lots of guys riding together.. Course was busy.. leave the flagstick in and a raised piece of plastic keeps you from touching the cup..my foursome didn’t get within 6 ft of each other..
I have worked often in the former Lafarge deep limestone mine. We took a drive by that course looked pretty nice but haven't played it.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:12 PM   #13929
Forever Royal

It seems pretty clear to me at this point that the heat effects this as it does other similar viruses. Australia hasn’t seen nearly the growth as other countries that have been dealing with it for a similar amount of time.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:16 PM   #13930
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
It seems pretty clear to me at this point that the heat effects this as it does other similar viruses. Australia hasn’t seen nearly the growth as other countries that have been dealing with it for a similar amount of time.
its been hot down here, mid 80’s- High 80’s, for a couple of weeks. Miami is turning into a major hotspot.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:17 PM   #13931
www.nfl-forecast.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
If that data is based on new cases it is useless. Our increase in new cases could be entirely a function of increased testing. Right now the only stat that I trust is deaths. I highly doubt there are many Covid deaths that are going unreported.

Does anyone have deaths broken out by nation and charted on a logarithmic scale?
Interestingly, increased testing has very minimal impact on this kind of analysis, because the increased discovery of cases affects both the x and y axis. Here is an example where I created some simulated data and increased the percent discovery from 10% to 15% at a certain point in time. It's hard to detect where I introduced the change. Whereas if we truly break away from exponential growth, it will be obvious in the curve. This is a very sensitive way of detecting when social distancing has kicked in and we are no longer in exponential growth.

The problem with looking at deaths is that it will introduce an additional lag of 2 weeks compared to new tests.

[/url]
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:20 PM   #13932
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
its been hot down here, mid 80’s- High 80’s, for a couple of weeks. Miami is turning into a major hotspot.
It can take that long just to start showing symptoms, so outside of testing everyone in Miami multiple times, you're not going to learn anything about how fast it's spreading for at least 3-4 weeks from the time it's deemed 'warm enough' (and I have no clue what that is, exactly).
Old 03-30-2020, 07:23 PM   #13933
Forever Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post

Define hotspot though. Obviously there will be growth everywhere but the rate is what matters and just based on the numbers Florida as a whole is nothing like New York.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 07:33 PM   #13934
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveSteam View Post
**** it then.
Im rock-en a mullet..

This is my hair cut. Really not hard to do after it's first cut.The problem is going to arise in about a month or two though. I have no way to really cut the top very well.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:35 PM   #13935
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
They’re gonna start random serology testing here quickly. That will be interesting to see
What locations?
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.