Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:05 PM   #13906
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Not? View Post
I’m hoping so. We’re gonna find out soon enough about how this thing fares in heat.
Bring on the triple digits - Said no one ever
Bring on the triple digits - Says everyone now
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:08 PM   #13907
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Not? View Post
I’m hoping so. We’re gonna find out soon enough about how this thing fares in heat.
It’s been near 90 degrees with humidity almost every day the past two weeks here and that hasn’t had much impact.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 06:13 PM   #13908
My Mamma Says

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
Trump mentioned during his daily COVID-19 briefing today that the federal government may recommend that everyone wear a mask in public.

Apparently this is part of a roadmap put out by the former FDA Commissioner, Scott Gottlieb.

Could this become the next mandate/requirement, similar to the shelter at home orders... everyone has to wear a mask/cover their face when out in public?
So we don't have enough masks for the health care workers and the public may have to wear them??.. Doesn't make sense...
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:13 PM   #13909
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
I see more and more out here. Looks like a common thing already. Might have to wear one so I don't get the skunk eye anymore.
I had to go to Home Depot again today (plumbing!) and I'd say 75% of the people in line and in the store had on masks and probably 50% had on gloves.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:18 PM   #13910
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman34 View Post
So we don't have enough masks for the health care workers and the public may have to wear them??.. Doesn't make sense...
That was one of the reasons why health experts were initially recommending the general public to not wear masks (also masks had limited effectiveness with stopping the 2003 SARS coronavirus).
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:19 PM   #13911
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
It’s been near 90 degrees with humidity almost every day the past two weeks here and that hasn’t had much impact.
Welp, that's why I amended my will. When I told my dog, she was like this:

GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:26 PM   #13912
I'll be back.

****. 19,988/565.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:27 PM   #13913
www.nfl-forecast.com

Italy is starting to roll over. USA is still in exponential growth phase. Hopefully the effects of social distancing kick in soon. See the video below if you wonder what this is.

[/url]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
THE Covid video you should watch. Really well done.

cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:32 PM   #13914
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
Italy is starting to roll over. USA is still in exponential growth phase. Hopefully the effects of social distancing kick in soon. See the video below if you wonder what this is.

[/url]
If that data is based on new cases it is useless. Our increase in new cases could be entirely a function of increased testing. Right now the only stat that I trust is deaths. I highly doubt there are many Covid deaths that are going unreported.

Does anyone have deaths broken out by nation and charted on a logarithmic scale?
AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 4     Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 06:39 PM   #13915
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
If that data is based on new cases it is useless. Our increase in new cases could be entirely a function of increased testing. Right now the only stat that I trust is deaths. I highly doubt there are many Covid deaths that are going unreported.

Does anyone have deaths broken out by nation and charted on a logarithmic scale?
I don't even trust deaths because if someone is dying from heart disease, for example, he will count as a COVID death if he test positive regardless if he was showing symptoms.
jaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 06:42 PM   #13916
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post

Last I saw the number of tests have been right around 100k a day +/- for a while now.

We'll be on this path for a bit because we have a higher population and unlike Italy we still have a sizeable population that doesnt ****ing care.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 06:43 PM   #13917
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1025 View Post
I don't even trust deaths because if someone is dying from heart disease, for example, he will count as a COVID death if he test positive regardless if he was showing symptoms.
You dont think they can determine if someone died from heart failure or lung?
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:46 PM   #13918
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Golf courses open in Kansas or Missouri?

Anywhere.
Last I heard Swope Memorial and Shoal Creek in Missouri are. You have to reserve and pay online clubhouse and driving range closed no carts walk only. Shoal Creek is a nice public course and Swope is short tight and hilly.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:49 PM   #13919
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
That was one of the reasons why health experts were initially recommending the general public to not wear masks (also masks had limited effectiveness with stopping the 2003 SARS coronavirus).
Masks were extremely effective for SARS with odds ratios of 0.27 and a p value of less than 0.0001.

They were the single most effective thing you could do.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:50 PM   #13920
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
If you're so broke you have to go to GreatClips then you're better off going direct to the local cosmetology school and having students just buzz your hair.
You sound like a woman all fussy about your hair.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.