Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2023, 03:08 PM   #13681
Politically Incorrect

The chance of this trade being "dumb luck" is 0.0%

If someone bought 10 contracts, OK I'll buy that being luck.

No one buys $22K of options that expire that far out of the money with a 2 day life cycle.

They better flee the country and move the money ASAP.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 03:09 PM   #13682
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
There's no way that person didn't have inside information.

I don't know the rules about all that stuff, though. If he was just some guy who happened to be in the Starbucks and heard two executives talking about it at the next table, is that illegal? What if he's some rank and file worker and the rumors have been running wild, but he's not in the process. I've always been curious about who is considered an insider and who isn't.
If you overhear someone talking at Starbucks and invest, it is NOT insider trading.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-27-2023, 06:58 AM   #13683
Mod Team

S&P is near the 150 day moving average.

Let’s see if we get near the 200 and find support.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-27-2023, 08:00 AM   #13684
Starter

IMVT exploded yesterday after holding it for 10 months. I went ahead and sold half right away and then set a trailing stop for the rest that also got executed. Should have put more wiggle room on the stop loss cause the thing has continued up today. Lesson learned. Still nice when you get a surprise 100% gain on something that wasn't doing anything.

Now if the rest could just rebound...
myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 10-07-2023, 10:55 AM   #13685
Mod Team

Many like to call technical analysis "bullshit" but it's a way to have a little bit more information than guessing. It can be useful but it is never absolute.

Interesting that the S&P has shown support around the 200 day moving average in multiple consecutive sessions. Tracking that red, 200 day MA line currently, and on Friday really bounced up off that support.

lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-14-2023, 04:44 AM   #13686
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Bought ATVI at 75 when Microsoft was looking to buy them out. Sale just completed at 95. Damn I wish I would have loaded up
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 08:36 AM   #13687
Supporter

Good work King. I contemplated it, not that I could have committed much cash to it, but I figured Microsoft would have to back out because of the Europe thing.

Buehler445 wrong again.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-15-2023, 08:43 PM   #13688
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

I got into LLY based on honestchieffan's recommendation, and I had a pretty large amount of NVO already. The weight loss drugs are sending these stocks to the moon, and I think the rise is still happening. Anyone else holding these?
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-15-2023, 09:30 PM   #13689
Supporter

Quote:
I got into LLY based on honestchieffan's recommendation, and I had a pretty large amount of NVO already. The weight loss drugs are sending these stocks to the moon, and I think the rise is still happening. Anyone else holding these?
I'd hang onto it. Apparently they've already filled 9M prescriptions. Link

Hilariously, airlines would save 80M if passengers lost 10 lb. Link

There is also some work showing that Ozempic helps with addiction. That would open up a whole new market that would add a lot of value. https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...moking/674098/
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-15-2023, 09:48 PM   #13690
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I'd hang onto it. Apparently they've already filled 9M prescriptions. Link

Hilariously, airlines would save 80M if passengers lost 10 lb. Link

There is also some work showing that Ozempic helps with addiction. That would open up a whole new market that would add a lot of value. https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...moking/674098/
Wow, I hadn't read about the addiction stuff.

I've been reading that they can't make the stuff fast enough for all of the people who want it. That's a good forward indicator for revenues. I have a policy about how much money I'll put into any one stock, so I won't buy any more, but I'm riding both of those companies up and I don't see why it won't continue, barring some bad side effect discovery that seems unlikely at this point.

Last edited by Rain Man; 10-16-2023 at 10:08 AM.. Reason: Typographical error required fixing.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-16-2023, 09:49 AM   #13691
Veteran

Quote:
Yes - Holding LLY. Mounjaro has been a profit rocket for them and it is expected to get FDA approval for weight loss (currently only approved for type 2 diabetes) in December. I expect that sales will really explode when that happens. They have also been building a new site to assemble auto injector which will more than triple their total capacity today.
Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 10-16-2023, 07:54 PM   #13692
Certified Bourbon taster

Ammo prices are jumping as head-sniffin' Joe sends planeloads to Israel. Ammo maker stocks might deserve a long look. Story is 'outdated' but still names some names/

https://investorplace.com/2020/09/3-...S%3A%20POWW%29
BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-20-2023, 04:54 PM   #13693
MVP

I had a CD mature yesterday and needed to reinvest. It was 9 months at 5.25.

It's been a while since I looked at rates, but they keep going up. I've been laddering but at this point that might not be the best strategy.

Moved that money to a 3 month 5.55 CD.

I just feel that CD rates are going to climb. Heck, long term CDs are north of 5%.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 10-20-2023, 05:23 PM   #13694
Mod Team

Blood bath!!!!
Old 10-20-2023, 06:37 PM   #13695
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
I had a CD mature yesterday and needed to reinvest. It was 9 months at 5.25.

It's been a while since I looked at rates, but they keep going up. I've been laddering but at this point that might not be the best strategy.

Moved that money to a 3 month 5.55 CD.

I just feel that CD rates are going to climb. Heck, long term CDs are north of 5%.
I've been buying them hand over fist. Fidelity's brokerage is great about finding great rates, often with little local banks. My latest is a 5-year CD at 5.75 percent. I'm liking that a lot.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote